Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2017, 07:35   #23011
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post
This just happened right in front of me
Doesn't that look as if it was intentional?

Or the car driver is drunk or unable to control the vehicle or both.

Last edited by binand : 12th March 2017 at 07:36.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 09:16   #23012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This just happened right in front of me . Fortunately, I was driving sedately and the bikers didn't fall and roll down into me.
Damn. Can't you send this video to the cops? This is unacceptable behaviour and the confidence with which the Innova driver continued after hitting them shows a total lack of any sense of intelligence or regard for law. He should be brought to justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

He might be drunk. The way he swayed into the other lane and then moved back to the proper lane points towards the same perhaps.

Last edited by drmohitg : 12th March 2017 at 09:18.
Old 12th March 2017, 09:18   #23013
Senior - BHPian

That is most definitely intentional. And he was most probably drunk - why else would you damage your own car. But then anger and road rage have no bounds.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 10:32   #23014
BHPian

Quote:
This just happened right in front of me . Fortunately, I was driving sedately and the bikers didn't fall and roll down into me.
Definitely a case of road rage. Your cam footage can be really useful even for you to put a hit and run complaint even though you are not involved.

Don't know why, but have seen many Innova drivers to be really aggressive. Might be a commanding position and a bit of mid range grunt does this to guys switching from lower stance cars.
(No offence to anyone, we also drive an Innova.)
arighna.dutta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 10:48   #23015
BHPian

Looks intentional, many times the driver behind you gets "angry" if you don't give them way as soon as they honk. We can see the innova overtaking the bike in a rash way and then doing this utterly stupid thing.

Last edited by partha379 : 12th March 2017 at 10:51. Reason: Didn't watch the video clearly, editing the part about the kid.
partha379 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 11:48   #23016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Found this video on YouTube.
And, what was the first priority of the people who reached the spot?
To get the car, back on its four
They gave a damn about the occupants.
Isn't it priority to get the occupants out, before doing anything with the car?
If not the accident, this falling back on to its wheels might cause damage to the people inside, who, for sure will not be comfortably seated and belted down by then. If they were already hurt, this only worsens the situation.

TRUE - Commonsense is the commonly missing sense

Last edited by Samurai : 12th March 2017 at 17:54. Reason: don't quote videos
FORTified is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 13:58   #23017
Senior - BHPian

Saw this today at a Maruti dealership near Kasauli. Strangely enough, I an driving an Ignis these days. :/
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image.jpeg  

YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 14:15   #23018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Driving is no longer fun, and no wonder cab market is flourishing. Leave the trouble of driving on chauffeur, enjoy the journey. Makes incredible sense.
BAD BAD IDEA.

I would NEVER entrust the life of my family or mine to anyone other than me. Even if I bought a Rolls Royce which should be chauffer driven - In Indian roads, I would still drive it.

For me - NOTHING would equal my experience and understanding of accidents and safe driving techniques for Indian scenario. Also, In-depth reading and wealth of knowledge in the accidents thread.

Touchwood - For 10 years I have never been in an incident, even minor. Albeit unavoidable bumper scrapes by bikers.
artrocious is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 18:12   #23019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
And, what was the first priority of the people who reached the spot?
To get the car, back on its four
They gave a damn about the occupants.
And they ignore the other car completely! Even thought it does not look so bad from the outside, the occupants could have been severely injured , expecially if not belted.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 20:26   #23020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
BAD BAD IDEA.
I would NEVER entrust the life of my family or mine to anyone other than me. Even if I bought a Rolls Royce which should be chauffer driven - In Indian roads, I would still drive it.
Reminds me of an incident.

In 2010, a retired Government doctor who was a family friend upgraded from a Maruti 800 to Swift Dzire. Having owned a car for a majority of his working life and never been involved in an accident, he found the transition to a sedan quite easy. However, his wife was skeptical whether he could drive the big car.

One day, while going to Bengaluru, she insisted on hiring a driver as she thought the doc might find it difficult to navigate the dreaded traffic of the IT city. He protested vehemently; she wouldn't listen.

The driver drove spiritedly on the highway and soon upon entering Bengaluru ran into a stationary taxi. The result?

Taxi repair - 10,000
Dzire repair - 12,000
Local Taxi - 500
Driver's Salary - 500
Driver's bus fare - 250
Driver's Chai pani - 200

After the accident, the doctor was/is very happy .

1. The first accident of his life was caused by someone else. His driving history remained blemishless.

2. The accident happened at low speed and not on a highway. Hence, no injuries.

3. Most importantly, his wife stopped questioning his driving skills. Guilt-ridden, she always listens to him and if she ever doesn't, he just has to take out a copy of the aforementioned expenses out of his cabinet. That instantly mellows her down.

Today, at the age of 70, he is still driving around without as much as a scratch on his bumper.

The errant driver too is not off the saddle yet. Having gifted new beauty spots to almost all the cars he drives, he is affectionately referred to as dent krishna by his friends.

PS: Have changed the name of the driver to protect his identity. He is a long time acquaintance of mine .
dailydriver is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 08:34   #23021
BANNED

I wonder if more and more premium cars are getting involved in DUI accidents of if they are getting more coverage because they are premium cars.

Here is another one that apparently happened last night, in Delhi once again.

The article mentions that the Uber was a Dzire but the photograph shows a Ritz.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le17453297.ece
Old 13th March 2017, 09:26   #23022
Senior - BHPian

Read a report of this accident in a regional newspaper which said, that the car guy carelessly entered into the Highway at Srirangapatna (from the arch; people driving this side will know about the arch). But the picture in another report below shows it doesn't seem to be the case. The vehicle positions too does not make a sense on how it collided.

Quote:
MYSURU: Two people from Bengaluru were killed on the spot when their Maruti Swift car collided head-on with a bus near Srirangapatna toll gate here on Sunday.

The deceased are Kiran (11), a resident of Kaval Byrasandra, and Lingesh (37), a resident of Venkatasomappa Layout, Chamundi Nagar, in RT Nagar.

Rahul, who was driving the car, and his relatives Karthikeyan and Arjun sustained severe injuries and are admitted at a private hospital.

The family had come to Srirangapatna to immerse the ashes of their relative at Paschima Vahini river. A case has been registered at Srirangapatna Town police station

http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...t-1580833.html
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-13-march.jpg
Old 13th March 2017, 10:09   #23023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I too have been guilty of going on the wrong side on a few occassions, when I was on my bike.

But what I will do is ride slowly with headlight on, on the service road or on the shoulder for about a hundred metres beyond the U turn..
Not to take pot shots at you Gansan and hopefully you don't do it any more but unfortunately, when it comes to such cases there is either the right way to do it and the wrong.

In your case (or any one who actually does this), no matter how slow you are or what ever method is followed (headlights, horn, hand signals etc), the bottom line is that you are going AGAINST the flow of traffic.

This automatically means that the traffic that is on the "right" side will have to factor you / anyone else as an obstacle and thus have to work AROUND you which is the start of trouble.

Ever wondered the hardships pedestrians are put to as a result?

Sorry mate but that is just my opinion.

Drive safe guys and have a happy week ahead.
anvara is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 11:12   #23024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I wonder if more and more premium cars are getting involved in DUI accidents of if they are getting more coverage because they are premium cars.
It could be a simple case where the premium cars are more forgiving for errors with driving aids and excellent auto boxes thus allowing the drunk driver to continue longer on their "Mission Impossible" trip. They are a lot easier to drive. A lesser car probably would just crash on the median, hit a tree or land up in a ditch much before finding an Uber to hit.

Have been sideswiped rear ended once by a drunk driver and 4 of his friends once (2008 probably). It was Maruti Baleno Vs Ford Fusion. The Baleno suffered some damage to its front bumper and the headlamp dropped off, Ford walked away with some mild scratches. I slowed down, did not stop seeing the condition of the 5 guys in the car, hurling abuses even though they hit from behind a moving vehicle! Continued all the way till the next police checkpost and stopped there to wait for the guys. Needless to say, no Baleno came there for further arguments.

If I had stopped, both me and my car would have suffered more damage.
Old 13th March 2017, 12:43   #23025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Could it be possible that he spotted the petrol bunk to his left at the last moment and tried to turn in there, without checking for the bikers' presence; and scooted when he realized his mistake? A bad move anyways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks