Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 20:18   #23071
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I would like to re-phrase it as, The Hyundai rear ended the polo because the Hyundai was driven quite fast without having a braking distance ahead of him for that speed and could not stop in time when a Polo ahead of him abruptly slowed down.
Yes, this is true. The Hyundai was speeding.
However, I did not want to add more words and make it a paragraph. The reason the polo slowed down/ stopped was because of the auto wallah in front of him.
Old 17th March 2017, 21:05   #23072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

PS: What happens, when a Demo Car meets with such accident. Will the prospective customer pay the compulsory deductible?
Good Question. I think I have seen dealers making you sign a form and take a copy of your license for this purpose. Not sure how this holds up legally.

Logically,the dealership should have an insurance catch to deal with this situation; doubt if that is how it is handled.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 01:02   #23073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Guys I found a good site whereby Bangaloreans can upload the violation image to the traffic police.
http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...icEyePost.aspx

Just upload the violation image and fill up the forms.
I have tried couple of times by uploading few incidents with Pictures of violations of vehicles that I have encountered in Bangalore. But, Trust me, I haven't seen any positive outcome of this initiative.

To verify the same, I took my own vehicle's pic to test how reliable this initiative is. I parked my car in "No Parking" zone and clicked the picture and uploaded. Till date, i haven't received any challan with respect to the same.

Nothing happens.
kicksperliter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 01:36   #23074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
To verify the same, I took my own vehicle's pic to test how reliable this initiative is. I parked my car in "No Parking" zone and clicked the picture and uploaded. Till date, i haven't received any challan with respect to the same.

Nothing happens.
Wow, kudos for going the extra mile. Not sure if I would have done the same.

How many days before did you upload the pic to the site?

Last edited by ecenandu : 18th March 2017 at 01:37.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:58   #23075
BHPian

Racer Ashwin and wife charred to death after speeding BMW crashes near Marina!!
Quote:
Sending instant shock-waves across the racing industry in the country, reports emerged on Saturday morning that popular car racer Ashwin Sundar and his wife Niveditha were charred to death after their BMW lost control, hit a tree and burst into flames in Pattinampakkam in Chennai. The two passengers could not get out of the car in time.

Police officials told The News Minute that the incident happened around 3:30am on Saturday and both Ashwin and his wife died on the spot. Police officials confirmed that the racer was driving above the allowed speed limit.
http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...r-marina-58797
Old 18th March 2017, 10:15   #23076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Racer Ashwin and wife charred to death after speeding BMW crashes near Marina!
Quoting from the linked article:
Quote:
When he was 14 years old, his father felt that it was better for him to race on the track than on the streets, according to his previous interviews.
Oh, the irony.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 10:46   #23077
Distinguished - BHPian

Apparently the car got stuck between a tree and a wall and caught fire. The couple got trapped inside and could not open the doors.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/57700560.cms

Maybe the electricals got fried and the door locks got jammed or possibly there was no room to open the doors? They should have tried breaking the glass or opening the sun roof. But the article also mentions he lost control of the car and hit the tree/wall. So quite possibly the driver was knocked out cold. Sad end to their lives, but questions will be raised as to how he lost control. Man or machine to be blamed? 99.9% of the times its the former.
Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 11:01   #23078
BHPian

Notice the guy sleeping inside the upside down truck. It happens only in India
Spotted near hosnagara ,Karnataka
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20170317_14483501.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20170317_144839010101.jpeg  

Turbo yoda is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 11:45   #23079
BHPian

Indian Express News Article: National car racer Ashwin Sundar and wife killed in car accident

Times of India News Article: Ashwin Sundar and his wife charred to death

Quote:
National car racing champion Ashwin Sundar and his wife Nivedhitha were charred to death after their car rammed a tree in Chennai on Saturday.
As per the Chennai police the incident took place around 3:30am and both Ashwin and his wife died on the spot as they could not open the doors and were trapped inside the car.

People present near the accident spot could not go near the car and help the national champion as the car caught fire and explosions continued.
Ashwin’s wife Nivedhitha was a doctor working at a private hospital.

In recent reports, police said that they identified the couple with the help of the vehicle registration number. It has been revealed that they were in their BMW car.

He was a two time F4 National Champion (2012 and 2013) while he won the MRF Formula 1600 International Challenge in 2010 and 2011.

Source: Indian Express
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ashwinsundarm.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-aswin.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-master.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-master-1.jpg

May his soul rest in peace. Twenty Seven years old, had a promising career ahead of him. What a cruel fate man

Image Sources:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com
http://www.news18.com
http://indianexpress.com

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 18th March 2017 at 11:48. Reason: Image source added
BLACKBLADE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 12:24   #23080
BANNED

Public roads are not the place to test your skills,period. Whenever some moron who violates law meets the end the whole crowd erupts that all racers and bikers are not law breakers, but the majority have no respect for laws and are overconfident of their skills.

This morning while driving to hospital I saw a hooligan stunting on a bike without helmets on MC Road Kottayam! I'm not bothered if someone kills himself, but on public roads you are endangering others too. The law has lot of provisions, but if you are looking for only law to improve people, I don't think we will ever achieve any real results. One has to learn to value life.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th February 2019 at 15:45. Reason: edited post for better readability
The Rationalist is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 12:39   #23081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
...Maybe the electricals got fried and the door locks got jammed or possibly there was no room to open the doors? They should have tried breaking the glass or opening the sun roof.

I am assuming that the locks are designed to unlock on impact ? Not sure of what caused the fire ? Will BMW investigate this ?

Sad end to a budding career. In our streets there are no second chances. RIP Ashwin.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th February 2019 at 15:46. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 12:44   #23082
BHPian

Seatbelts : apparently life saver

Mods Please post this message in correct page if this is not correct page.
Found this video on Facebook and thought about sharing it
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...448700868&fs=1

Last edited by Victor-whiskey : 18th March 2017 at 12:51.
Victor-whiskey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:18   #23083
Distinguished - BHPian

"Two time F4 National Champion (2012 and 2013) while he won the MRF Formula 1600 International Challenge in 2010 and 2011."

I can safely say that he knows 1% more about driving/racing and safety than the keyboard warriors commenting based on pure speculation and assumptions.

Unless we have some video of the crash itself, what's the point?

India loses another racer. A tribe which is already small. May his soul RIP.
kiku007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 14:20   #23084
BHPian

Quote:
I have tried couple of times by uploading few incidents with Pictures of violations of vehicles that I have encountered in Bangalore. But, Trust me, I haven't seen any positive outcome of this initiative.

Nothing happens.
Did you check the website ? Also, it takes a while( months) to get updated. But I do know people get booked based on this. There is also an app on play store - Public eye which makes it easy. There have some basic checks like whether the number plate is clearly visible and so on before they book based on that evidence.
Old 18th March 2017, 14:24   #23085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Nothing happens.
OT but I have uploaded close to 200 violations from the day it was launched, and the success rate is 90%. Sometimes the case gets rejected if the number plate is not clearly visible. Rest all get violations raised. I dont check the status of each one, but on random basis whichever I check has worked.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed