Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 18:18   #24886
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Er can we avoid the back stories? Murdered or not, lets please leave it to the cops.
deathwalkr is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 22:35   #24887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Sana was murdered by her husband. He was harassing her for years and they separated soon after they married. She had a baby by then who she raised with her mother as much as possible. He would stalk her, abuse her on text and phone, trouble her sister and mother and create ruckus outside their home too. Sana was physically assaulted by him a number of times and even considered suicide at one point of time. That is why she decided to ride across India to encourage people to not think about suicide as a solution.
Yesterday at 12 am, Nadeem (her husband) took her away from her house in a car under the threat of her child Ali. At 4 am, they were found in a car accident in which she suffered head injuries and died on the operating table. What you may not know is that she was found with punch marks on her face and bite marks on her hands.
Also, the impact of the car was from the left but it was found that her right arms and right side were broken and injured which is suspected was inflicted even before the accident. Sana's last moments were filled with fear, severe pain and horror.

He had beaten her till she became unconscious and to cover up his tracks, he sped the car and banged it on a pole at the passenger side. Nothing happened to him but she was severely injured.

Sana while she was alive spread positivity, motivated people and inspired women to go on their life's adventures. Though her husband abused her, she still fought back and via her motorcycle filled strength within herself. But life's cruel fate dealt a bad card to her and took her away from us.

Nadeem is on the run, he has kidnapped Ali and run away with his mother was was an equal partner in Sana's torture. She mentally harassed and poisoned Nadeem's ears.

https://www.facebook.com/deepika.bha...59866013980221
OMG, if what you wrote is true then it's a perfect murder. Cause an accident in a way that co-passenger dies. And if she still doesn't die, bludgeon her to death and make it look like the crash killed her, to mask your heinous act. Sounds like a movie plot. But just one little detail doesn't fit in. How can anyone cause a crash with such a surgical precision? Unless he's been practicing for long in which case he must have wrecked 20-30 cars. Or, unless he's strong enough to push both ends of the car with all his might against a strong pole and make the car fold in the centre. Both scenarios seem unlikely. Well, at this point in time, we can neither confirm nor deny any theory unless findings of police investigations are out and are made public.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 23:23   #24888
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this on Facebook:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-121.jpg

Tata Zest Owners on FB
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 00:03   #24889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Came across this on Facebook:
Remember seeing a similar incident on FB, this time with the Baleno. Reportedly, it had jumped off a bridge breaking the railings. Not saying that both accidents are same in any way, so please don't get me wrong.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-22548971_1578849892200007_7540992038605679946_o.jpg

Source
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 07:01   #24890
BHPian

Yesterday, me and my family took an Ola taxi to the airport. Bangalore traffic at 7pm is horrible. While waiting at a roundabout, a honda amaze bumped the right rear fender of the car I was travelling in. It was not just a touch, but a full bump. I and the driver turned around to see this honda guy, motioning us to keep moving on. I was like,what do you mean move on? My driver waited for this Amaze to pull up and asked him in a normal way 'why sir, didn't you see' etc. The co-driver of the Amaze says "these touches happen" and starts moving off without as much as a sorry or apology. This riled my driver causing him to curse and pull in front of this car. The Amaze driver this time actually rammed his car into the driver's door. Then they pulled up again and the co-driver started physically fighting (while both of them are in the car) with my driver along with the choicest curses. Since I was with my family, I started to worry more. I told the driver,lock your doors and if you want let's intimate the police men at the roundabout itself. He was like leave it,you have to go to airport. And we continued.

The whole way I was wondering what should I do incase such a person does the same thing to my car. All scenarios ended bad for me. That feeling of helplessness is de-moralizing. The only way out is to not even expect a sorry from such idiots,but I need to be more than flesh and blood for that

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th October 2017 at 16:36. Reason: Post edited. Please always use spaces after punctuation marks.
nijelj is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 08:09   #24891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
The only way out is to not even expect a sorry from such idiots,but I need to be more than flesh and blood for that
And every time you think you have been denied your expectations, the paranoia of "what if" and the fact that you have a family waiting is good enough to calm down and move on and this works most of the times.

The density of such bad drivers will only increase in coming years due to lot of reasons other than just traffic; Good guys will shrink and the bad will only increase.

So the best armor is exhibiting extreme patience. Dents can be repaired and fixed.

Only recently a biker was murdered because he got into an argument with the other party who turned out to be some goons or habitual offenders in Bangalore.
paragsachania is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 10:07   #24892
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I slow down whenever a zebra crossing and or a turn comes and shift to the middle lane after watching the RVM's. Anticipation is what most lack as well as patience and discipline.

And I don't think what I practice is something extra ordinary, it is just common sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
This common sense should becomes a uncompromising rule when the road pass through the city like shown in the Innova Incident.
No, but I follow this out on the highways as well if shrubs/trees are blocking my view. No see, no go.
Old 26th October 2017, 18:22   #24893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
The whole way I was wondering what should I do incase such a person does the same thing to my car. All scenarios ended bad for me. That feeling of helplessness is de-moralizing. The only way out is to not even expect a sorry from such idiots,but I need to be more than flesh and blood for that
In this case or in most cases, especially with the family accompanying you, it’s better to walk away. A little bit of hurt ego is better than avoiding a confrontation which could end badly for someone, and you never know what you’re dealing with. Nothing can be taken at face value, most of these idiots are always chaps with very little common sense.
Old 26th October 2017, 20:16   #24894
Team-BHP Support

If someone has to hit anything that too passenger side on a purpose, the front should have taken a beating, or this guy has some special driving skills to skid the car and hit sideways or am I missing something?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screen-shot-20171026-8.13.19-pm.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screen-shot-20171026-8.17.14-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th October 2017 at 20:17.
Old 26th October 2017, 20:31   #24895
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Man, what gives people the confidence to drive at 0330AM is beyond me :( Kudos to those who can but in my opinion it's just testing human physiology
Hey man,
What about the truck and passenger bus drivers? They usually drive all night.

I've transported fish from Mangalore to Bangalore in a tata 407 at night. I had to reach before 4.30 am, else the dry ice would have melted.

Now I'm only driving cars. I happen to like wildlife. Night, 2am to 4 am is the best time for this in the jungle.

I've added a comment on this topic here:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...my-activa.html

It's the last comment on It.

Frankly, driving at night is less stressful. You have 90% less traffic. You can see headlights before a blind turn. It is usually cooler.

Just do some good planing for rest stops and food joints before leaving, but only you have family with you. Carry anti vomit pills for the ladies and plenty of water and tissues.

If it's a guys only night, no planning is needed. Only the driver needs to be sober. In my case that's usually me as I'm a teetotler.

IMPORTANT:
Carry print outs of your route, as cell towers are unreliable out of any major town.

In a jungle, it is guaranteed that your phone gps won't work.

I have survey of India detailed maps of south India. I trust those more than Google maps.
hangover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 23:57   #24896
Distinguished - BHPian

Biological clocks do differ, even though us nocturnal humans may be a minority.

Sailing, professional or amateur, 2.00am is the majority's worst time. Aboard a yacht, I used to volunteer for the 2am to 4am watch. And, so long as I had had rest before it, I knew I could last out the night if need be.

Similarly, you want a 2.00am driver? I'm your man. But I don't come with good references for 8.30am!

But not everyone who finds themselves having to be out at 2.00am has the biological clock of an owl. Other people can make it pretty unsafe out there.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 09:46   #24897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
But not everyone who finds themselves having to be out at 2.00am has the biological clock of an owl. Other people can make it pretty unsafe out there.
True. Especially if anyone is irritated with high beam usage. Most of the oncoming and tailing drivers use the high beam generously (for lack of a better word)
I am also a little paranoid about the quality (or lack) of road surfaces. I wouldnt want to be driving at say 60, and then suddenly hitting a series of potholes. Or even worse, finding that the 2nd lane just ended abruptly without any warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Er can we avoid the back stories? Murdered or not, lets please leave it to the cops.
Well, if we leave it to the cops, then this thread would not have anything other than pics. While I do agree we should not jump to conclusions, if there is additional info to be shared, it should be.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 17:51   #24898
BHPian

RTC bus runs over three motorcycles killing 3 and injuring 4 in Vijayawada. According to news report, the bus brakes failed to work leading to the mishap. Very tragic indeed! May the departed rest in peace!
Old 27th October 2017, 17:58   #24899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
RTC bus runs over three motorcycles killing 3 and injuring 4 in Vijayawada. According to news report, the bus brakes failed to work leading to the mishap. Very tragic indeed! May the departed rest in peace!
This is such a sad sight!

I wonder why the bus driver could not shift gears and stop / stall the bus rather than plough through!
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 18:01   #24900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I wonder why the bus driver could not shift gears and stop / stall the bus rather than plough through!
Doing that isn't going to bring a fast moving bus to a halt in any hurry.

It'll help, but in a situation like this (panic, actively trying to steer to avoid obstacles) it's not easy to think of / do either.
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed