Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2017, 17:35   #25276
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

https://video.famd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/...3b&oe=5A33E9C1

An SUV drags man for several KMs before dumping the body. No details other than the ones shown in the video.
Old 15th December 2017, 18:26   #25277
BHPian

Looks like cricketer Ajinkya Rahane's father was involved in a road accident that left a pedestrian dead, and was subsequently arrested..

http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/ne...h-1605363.html
Bigzero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 18:44   #25278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
https://video.famd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/...3b&oe=5A33E9C1

An SUV drags man for several KMs before dumping the body. No details other than the ones shown in the video.
The details are published in time of india
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/62029599.cms

Quote:
More than a month after a 42-year-old man's body was found in the Sikandrabad area in Bulandshahr district, horrifying CCTV footage has emerged showing his body stuck in the chassis of an SUV that had purportedly hit and dragged him.
The accident happened on the night of November 3 in Greater Noida's Badalpur. The body was found nearly 17km away the next day. A CCTV camera at Kot toll plaza in Bulandshahr captured an image of a body stuck under the chassis of a Tata Safari. The victim's family managed to access the footage nearly a month later and are now demanding the arrest of the driver.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 19:52   #25279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
3 of a family from Mumbai perish in an accident. The car apparently hit a truck from behind. Video shows the underrun bar lying on the road and seems to have broken on impact.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/62024985.cms
I live just a few kilometers away from this spot. Just after the new Katraj tunnel ends (when heading towards Mumbai) there is a gradient which stretches till the Narhe viaduct till Pune city outskirts start . Since it is a downward slope of approximately 5 kilometers, vehicles automatically gain speeds if not checked, there are several signs put up requesting to slow down but people kind of enjoy speeding down the slope, often using the left most lane for overtaking. This accident was also the same case, a horrific one as the photos circulated over whatsapp were gruesome with bodies still inside the car and the car trapped in the rear of the truck. Apparently, the boy was at the wheel (20 years) and was probably amateur at driving else he would have known the limits of his tiny car. IMO night time driving should be best left to experienced people.

Its high time we started heeding to warning signs and obeying them properly.
NiInJa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 03:11   #25280
BHPian

Pics: Accidents in India

This accident claims life of a rider from Jaipur who was riding an expensive super bike. All the more the expensive helmet that he wore would not come off until the doctors cut out the strap at the hospital. Looks like he was carried to the hospital along with helmet which might have caused more trouble or discomfort to the ailing rider.

https://www.ndtv.com/jaipur-news/man...helmet-1788430

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 16th December 2017 at 03:13.
Old 16th December 2017, 05:30   #25281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Looks like he was carried to the hospital along with helmet which might have caused more trouble or discomfort to the ailing rider.
If there is damage to the helmet, or indications that there is head injury, it may be better to leave the helmet on but stabilize the head and lie the victim flat till the paramedics arrive. But in case the helmet needs to be removed, it is a 2 person job. This is something we go over at Motorcycle safety training classes.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 07:33   #25282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
This accident claims life of a rider from Jaipur who was riding an expensive super bike. All the more the expensive helmet that he wore would not come off until the doctors cut out the strap at the hospital. Looks like he was carried to the hospital along with helmet which might have caused more trouble or discomfort to the ailing rider.

https://www.ndtv.com/jaipur-news/man...helmet-1788430
Really sad to know of this tragedy. Young man sigh. Heartfelt condolences to his family.

Most people are not used to D-Ring type strap and hence was not able to helmet not otherwise. This is mentioned in the link below.

https://www.rushlane.com/rider-dies-...-12258569.html

Basically I strongly detest night riding. Have seen in this forum where riders have bragged their night drives at insane speeds.( Please excuse the harsh language).

Don't know why manufactures take serious look into the headlight setup in bikes. It is really pathetic to say. I'm using Z800 and can say the setup is just useless during night. And can say this applies to most of the bikes/ super bikes from the feedback received(Multistrada & Ninja 1000 may be a exception here).

Yes this doesn't help rash driving / over speeding.

Last edited by Vasuki : 16th December 2017 at 07:39.
Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 19:26   #25283
BHPian

https://www.amarujala.com/photo-gall...ngotri-highway

Bridge collapse on Uttarkashi - Gangotri Highway in Uttarakhand

Now this bridge is located 4 Kms from Uttarkashi which connects to Gangotri and Indo China Border. This is the only bridge that connects the mentioned regions and now this bridge is gone, the transport movement on the other side is completey halted.

The bridge is located just half Kilometer from my native house and I had crossed this bridge last week, during my visit to my hometown.

There were two trucks trying to cross at the same time and that led to collapse.
This bridge was constructed by Indian Army on war footing 4 years ago when the old bridge was washed away due to flash floods. The bridge was supposed to be a temporary solution and had expiry of six months, but somehow the administration didn't think it necessary to build a new bridge.

Name:  Bridge.PNG
Views: 7730
Size:  728.6 KB

Name:  bridge2.PNG
Views: 8059
Size:  838.7 KB

Last edited by born_free : 16th December 2017 at 19:39.
born_free is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 13:15   #25284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Now you know that only a particular driver with a particular riding attitude is going to buy a KTM for "that" type of riding. A Harley rider, or say, a sports cruiser type of rider is not going to go for a KTM. (disclaimer:I'm not stating that as a rule).
Sorry, but this is a typical example of stereotyping. There are hundreds of KTM riders out there who ride perfectly fine and Harley riders who are perfect idiots on road. Again, it's the man who makes the rider and not the machine. A man can do stupidity on any machine. And by bad riding, I don't say only about speed/riding fast. For me, riding on foot path, jumping signals to riding slow on the fast lane, all contribute to bad riding. I would stop it at this, as this is a whole different topic.
A350XWB is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 23:13   #25285
Senior - BHPian

Another fog related accident, where six members of a family killed.

Local newspapers reported that due to dense fog driver lost control. Most of the deaths may be due to drowning. Nobody knew about the accident for few minutes until a cycle rider while crossing the accident site heard some sounds, upon checking he found tyre skid marks and alerted other people.
Old 19th December 2017, 13:14   #25286
BHPian

While returning from Hubli yesterday and after crossing Davangere, this happens.

The collision resulted in damaging the front right side bumper, smashing fog lamps and piece of debris piercing the right side rear tyre resulting in puncture.

With no damage to the radiator or oil leakages, I managed to change the tyre, got the puncture removed at a shop close to a dhaba and tied a rope surrounding the damaged bumper and drove back to Bangalore. Will assess for any internal damage after handing over for repairs.

Quote:
Further on the way home, managed to see one more accident involving White Innova Crysta on JAS toll road Tumkur. This Innova was smashed by trucks from three sides, one in front, one on the left side(not visible due to darkness) and one Cement Mixer Truck banging from behind. It was a triple whammy. Cant imaging the collective shock and panic faced inside the MUV.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20171218_183321.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2017 at 09:37. Reason: Typos
shenoytech is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2017, 15:14   #25287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
While returning from Hubli yesterday and after crossing Davangere, this happens.
Sorry to hear this. Is it a dog it? The attached youtube video is not opening, looks like you have kept is as private.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2017 at 09:37. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 19th December 2017, 16:08   #25288
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for going OT - I know Viofo 119's GPS doesn't work great. But the speed shown in the video, is it 135 km/hr?
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 16:24   #25289
Senior - BHPian

Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:

Sorry to see the damage. We can expect these incidents. Were you on cruise control as the speed read a constant 135 kmph till you braked? That is quite high for our highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Sorry to hear this. Is it a dog it? The attached Youtube video is not opening, looks like you have kept is as private.

Yes it is a dog. The video seem working for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Sorry for going OT - I know Viofo 119's GPS doesn't work great. But the speed shown in the video, is it 135 km/hr?

Spot on. I noticed the speed as well.
Old 19th December 2017, 16:50   #25290
BHPian

135kmph is the first thing that i noticed in that video. That is because, i keep doing Bangalore-chitradurga- Harihar stretch almost every month (already 76,000 km on the odo of my three years old ertiga) and sometimes twice a month while going to my hometown. I always stick to 100-110kmph mark since anything below that is too slow for that stretch and anything above that is too dangerous for that stretch.

I feel 100-110 kmph speed in your case would have probably avoided it comfortably. I am telling this from numerous experiences of mine where I have avoided dogs, monkeys, cats and what not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks