Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2017, 19:07   #25366
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

The biker coming down the wrong side had a narrow escape, he spotted the tumbling Alto in the nick of time and hightailed out of its path.

Is that the Alto driver thrown out of the car near the road shoulder?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th December 2017 at 19:08.
Old 30th December 2017, 22:33   #25367
Senior - BHPian

Saw these two vehicles on NH48. Not sure what happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2017_1228_170130_008.jpg  

Old 31st December 2017, 09:15   #25368
BHPian

Truck hits Innova at Vizag. 5 seriously injured.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 31st December 2017 at 19:31. Reason: typo
Old 1st January 2018, 21:24   #25369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGooner View Post
Agreeing with your observations apart from the bit about M.C road. I don't travel much in northern districts, but I absolutely dread the NH stretch between Trivandrum and Alappuzha. Whenever possible I avoid this road and go via M.C road and A.C road even though it takes more time.

Interesting that you mention about the Trivandrum- Ayoor route. I travel this road frequently as my wife's home is just after Ayoor. It usually takes under 1 hour 15 minutes for me without indulging in rash driving - maybe because my home is at Trivandrum city's edge and I can join M.C road without touching any busy junctions and I also tend to avoid busy hours as far as possible.
I would like to add to this. I have been visiting Kerala once a year for the last 23 years, always driving or being driven around. Here is what I have noticed.

In the last ten years, Kerala's roads became several times smoother and easier to drive on. Along with that came an increase in the number of faster cars. Roads also became wider, though in most cases, not wide enough to have a median.

There were lots of blind corners earlier. Now the corners remain blind largely, but the road is now a smooth, sweeping curve where you feel confident to go around at a much faster pace. The broken and narrow roads earlier kept you on your toes all the time, and co-operation and precision driving were critical. The precision-driving was scary to outsiders, but for locals, it was a matter of skill and great co-operation. Trusting the other driver to pass inches from your bonnet required great belief in his skills, and most drivers possessed it.

The roads now do not call for co-operation, or skill. Now they cry out for driving fast, and taking risks, because the roads make you think you have the space to swerve. And people do take risks now. On my recent trip, I was scared by the amount of law-breaking and dangerous driving / riding I saw. Overtaking on blind curves, not sounding the horn, overtaking on the left... scary.

Death awaits everywhere on Kerala's roads, and people are too busy enjoying the better roads to care.
lawdgawd is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 22:00   #25370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdgawd View Post

The roads now do not call for co-operation, or skill. Now they cry out for driving fast, and taking risks, because the roads make you think you have the space to swerve. And people do take risks now. On my recent trip, I was scared by the amount of law-breaking and dangerous driving / riding I saw. Overtaking on blind curves, not sounding the horn, overtaking on the left... scary.

Death awaits everywhere on Kerala's roads, and people are too busy enjoying the better roads to care.
Constructive criticism is good, but to say death awaits everywhere on Kerala's roads is too much.
I have driven in almost all states and can confirm that so called safe riding exists only in Shillong, rest it is one and the same.

Please look at the below graphic for period 2004 to 2013.
Link ::http://indpaedia.com/ind/index.php/R...e-wise_figures
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-road_accidents_2004_2013.jpg  

Last edited by Vasuki : 1st January 2018 at 22:01.
Vasuki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 00:41   #25371
BHPian

Pics: Accidents in India

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1514833745.148563.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1514833763.330604.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1514833779.946227.jpg

When New Year revellers decide to celebrate driving.

Last edited by jacobvarughese : 2nd January 2018 at 00:44.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 14:23   #25372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Some roads come very close to giving an impression to the contrary. On the e way from Pune to Mumbai there is a well known place just before starting the climb down the ghats, where a long downhill section that ends in a turn that tightens in the course of it can trap an unwary/inexperienced driver into running out of road before enough speed has been shed.

Correct. That is somewhere near Khandala. The fact that it is downhill adds to the inability to control speed at the entry to that turn. It is extremely crucial to start braking well before a driver approaches it.
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:43   #25373
Senior - BHPian

Saw this minor accident on ORR, near Marathahalli this morning. After falling down, the biker stood up immediately and there was no major injury. He should thank his lucky stars, as he was not wearing helmet and other vehicles were very slow due to traffic. Careless riding is the cause, not sure why some people are always in a hurry
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:46   #25374
Senior - BHPian

Received these on whatsapp. Would like NCAP to crash test the Indian spec Dzire, this being the country's largest selling car, and given that the rear structure of any car is supposed to be more rigid than the front.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2690.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2691.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2692.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2693.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2695.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2696.jpg
DRIV3R is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 00:31   #25375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Watch out the aftermath in the second video captured in the another camera:

Looks like the lady in red(not involved in the accident and was a bystander as seen in the video a few posts up) had a seizure triggered by the stressful situation.

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd January 2018 at 04:40. Reason: Trimming quoted post in the best interests of readability.
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 00:45   #25376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Received these on whatsapp. Would like NCAP to crash test the Indian spec Dzire, this being the country's largest selling car, and given that the rear structure of any car is supposed to be more rigid than the front.

The rear has completely caved in till the driver’s seat due to that impact. Do you know if anyone was on the rear seats during the collision? I hope no one was hurt.
NCAP should totally test the Indian spec Dzire, as MSIL seems to be playing with 1,00,000+ customers’ lives here.
On a side note, the Innova Crysta, by the looks of it, seems to be fitted with a front bull bar, but all 7 airbags have still deployed. Kudos to TKM for that.
AShubrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 03:11   #25377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Received these on whatsapp. ...
Without any details of what happened to the vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
NCAP should totally test the Indian spec Dzire ...
No doubt. But not because of pictures circulated, without actual history, on Whatsapp.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 05:52   #25378
BHPian

Quote:
So much for lighter yet "Strengthened" body structure . Gullible Indian customers falling for all blings and show-off conveniences. I am sure the upcoming tin-can is as unsafe as this garbage sub-4m vehicle. Will the customers learn their mistake only when they pay a big price?

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 3rd January 2018 at 05:54.
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 06:07   #25379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
No doubt. But not because of pictures circulated, without actual history, on Whatsapp.
Quite. And not without an apples to apples comparison of how the outcome happened, speeds involved and so on - which is what a structured test does. I am also sure there are similar pictures available of cars that top the latest NCAP, in a similar state after an accident.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:28   #25380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Quite. And not without an apples to apples comparison of how the outcome happened, speeds involved and so on - which is what a structured test does. I am also sure there are similar pictures available of cars that top the latest NCAP, in a similar state after an accident.
Yep, but seeing the condition of the other vehicle involved, its quite shocking. The Innova has it's cabin intact totally, while the rear portion of the Dzire is missing. Details available or not, this surely is something to be concerned about, IMO.

Agreed, there maybe similar pictures of other cars, but huge possibility that it wasn't a 4 wheeler that would have deformed it to such state.
DRIV3R is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks