Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2018, 09:36   #25906
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Another NICE Road accident. 3 young souls gone. 2 souls in hospital.
Yeah this was right next to where I live. That bridge above had a jam after this accident occurred. I use that way for office commuting.Earlier the roads were terrible and hence nobody used to speed. But now as the roads are newly laid people are often seen over-speeding. Cops have been pretty vigilant there lately but this was early morning I guess.

And its a substantial drop from koppa road all the way till the point where i could see the car landed. Clicked this on my way to office.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180310wa0021.jpg

The two sitting infront were probably bucked up and that's why alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
As per some reports based on the injured passengers statement, the driver was trying to fiddle with the phone that was kept for charging and also did not heed to the repeated pleas by them to slow down. How stupid can he be and ultimately killed 3 people and going to live a life with horrifying thoughts. Can't imagine his fate.
As per this news article from yesterday he was doing high speeds and did receive a call which proved fatal.

Times of India

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th March 2018 at 09:47.
Old 11th March 2018, 09:56   #25907
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Cases like these always worry me everytime I sit in an Uber or Ola cab. Till date 9 out of 10 cabs I have taken have an extra layer of seat cover on the rear seats with the seatbelt buckle deeply buried out of reach. When the opportunity presents; I take the front seat always.

I have tried highlighting to @ola/@uber on Twitter; but only have received lukewarm robotic responses.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 11:35   #25908
BHPian

Joyride turned into a death trap for 3 friends

A, group of 5 friends — had started off in a car borrowed from a friend late on Wednesday night. Sources said the group first watched a film at a multiplex on SG Road ,Ahmedabad and then headed towards Ring Road for a late dinner.
According to the complaint filed with A Division traffic police

. While two friends suffered minor injuries, the three other friends were charred to death in the car on the ring road . According to primary statements, the incident took place at about 2.15am when a dumper, taking a right turn, did not have its turn indicator on,” said an investigator.
Rahul, behind the wheel, apparently could not control the vehicle and the car hit the dumper in the back. the two survivors , sitting on the left side of the car, managed to get out in time as the car soon went up in flames.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63224293.cms

Last edited by sanjz : 11th March 2018 at 11:37. Reason: To add link
Old 11th March 2018, 12:49   #25909
BHPian

Auto Accident in Assam

Saw the news on Facebook a few days back, three elderly ladies on an auto were killed by a truck. The Auto was squashed to such an extent that the bodies of the elderly ladies were sandwiched between the two sides of the auto. Horrifying. It seems that the auto driver was dodging a rash driver on a scooty and in trying to save the scooty driver, he ultimately ended up losing his own life as well as that of the passengers :(

These rash drivers are on the rise in my district, they don't wear helmets, they drive the scooty like they're driving superbikes on kuccha village roads and broken town roads. Risk to life to both driver and general public. Wish the traffic authorities would do something about it.

I'm trying to add images but it seems it's not possible through the app.

Last edited by wadewilson : 11th March 2018 at 12:54.
Old 11th March 2018, 14:24   #25910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I recently had a narrow escape when I was driving down from Bangalore to Hyderabad.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=X54mIIBEH3c
I had chosen to make this video unlisted, as I only wanted to share it with the T-BHP community. Imagine my shock when I found out that this unlisted video had accumulated 30K+ views in a span of 2 days

I did some research and found that CarToq has lifted details from my original post and created a lightly edited blog post with the link to the video. They have also assumed that my car was an SUV, which is funny since I never mentioned anything related to that. Needless to say, nobody has contacted me for any details or permission to repost the video.

https://www.cartoq.com/abs-brakes-sa...ndian-highway/

While they have provided a link back to this thread, I hadn't realized that this sort of blatant plagiarism passes off as automotive journalism these days. Sheesh.
d3mon is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 15:09   #25911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While they have provided a link back to this thread, I hadn't realized that this sort of blatant plagiarism passes off as automotive journalism these days. Sheesh.
Nothing new. For that site and many others like it, t-bhp is the primary source of information. One of them had taken pictures of my car from this thread and created a video titled "accidents with death" or something like that. I reported that video and had it pulled down by YouTube.

But wherever you do, they will not stop - unless somebody takes them on legally.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 15:38   #25912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I
I did some research and found that CarToq has lifted details from my original post and created a lightly edited blog post with the link to the video. ...off as automotive journalism these days. Sheesh.
I had actually seen that on my Google newsfeed and I had assumed that they had taken permission from you to pay it.

Will contact original poster in future.
Old 11th March 2018, 16:56   #25913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While they have provided a link back to this thread, I hadn't realized that this sort of blatant plagiarism passes off as automotive journalism these days.
Well, they just linked to a publicly available video and spun a story around it. And they do mention the source where they found it. Not really sure if it can be called plagiarism. Lazy journalism, yes. Plagiarism, hardly.
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 17:37   #25914
BHPian

Suspected DUI reason for two young boys from Delhi university dead and three others injured in hospital when the driver lost control of the car at high speed. Source: https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/2-de...s-over-1822440
Old 11th March 2018, 18:01   #25915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Well, they just linked to a publicly available video and spun a story around it. And they do mention the source where they found it. Not really sure if it can be called plagiarism. Lazy journalism, yes. Plagiarism, hardly.
Yes, the video was public and they didn't make a copy of the video. The rights were still with the poster and the views were on the original video. Cannot be called plagiarism at all. All they did was write about it and link to it which is well and above how most 'journalists' operate now.

I'm in no way associated with the CarToq or the post writer if it has to be said.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 18:28   #25916
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Nothing new.
Guys, don't want to take the thread off-topic, but it's an unspoken rule in the web world that as long as credit is given (URL, mentioning the source etc.), it's cool. Us forumers ourselves do it all the time, with due credit given of course. Example = here is an excerpt I posted recently of a Reuters article - link.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 19:43   #25917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, don't want to take the thread off-topic, but it's an unspoken rule in the web world that as long as credit is given (URL, mentioning the source etc.), it's cool. Us forumers ourselves do it all the time, with due credit given of course.
Agree on that and I have done that myself too.

But its not cool when no credit is given or source provided. I have seen pictures from here being used after cropping the tbhp branding at the bottom. (In think it was Dr.Naren's post that was used, but I can't find it now).

Even in the video that I had talked about in my previous post, my pictures were used without credits and after cropping the tbhp logo. And the subject matter was a blatant lie. That is just not done - gives a bad name to journalism.
Old 12th March 2018, 07:23   #25918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
As per some reports based on the injured passengers statement, the driver was trying to fiddle with the phone that was kept for charging and also did not heed to the repeated pleas by them to slow down. How stupid can he be and ultimately killed 3 people and going to live a life with horrifying thoughts. Can't imagine his fate.
Hate to say this, but the others needed to take evasive action as well. If someone is driving like a moron, I would first wear a seat belt, and if the moron still doesn't slow down, I would either call the police or his or her better half or their parents.

The problem is that people do not take life and death situations for what they are,and laugh it off.

Similarly, anyone who sits in my car has to wear a seat belt, whether they like it or not, including and especially, heavily pregnant relatives/friends. No exceptions.

Last edited by phamilyman : 12th March 2018 at 07:25.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 09:54   #25919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Earlier the roads were terrible and hence nobody used to speed. But now as the roads are newly laid people are often seen over-speeding. Cops have been pretty vigilant there lately but this was early morning I guess.
And its a substantial drop from koppa road all the way till the point where i could see the car landed.
I think you are talking mixing up the Begur-Koppa road and NICE road. If you are suggesting that the car fell from Begur-Koppa road, then it's wrong. It was driving on and toppled on the NICE road itself. The car was traveling up-hill on NICE road, after the incline just next to T-John college. The car must have been traveling at some serious speeds to have this kind of result.
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 11:55   #25920
Senior - BHPian

A noob rider?

The guy who helped the lady, though. Luckily, he didn’t help further.

Last edited by ecenandu : 12th March 2018 at 11:56.
ecenandu is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed