Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2018, 12:08   #25921
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
A noob rider?
The guy who helped the lady, though. Luckily, he didn’t help further.
The lady is a newbie I agree. But the guy who picked up the scooter should've turned it off first. Instead he picked up a running scooter and gave it the beans
And then sheepishly went away from them..

Last edited by Funny : 12th March 2018 at 12:09.
Funny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 12:21   #25922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
The lady is a newbie I agree. But the guy who picked up the scooter should've turned it off first. Instead he picked up a running scooter and gave it the beans
And then sheepishly went away from them..
The lady isn't a newbie, rather a fool I would say, crossing the road like that. She gets hit by an oncoMing motorcycle and that has caused her to fall.

The guy surely needs training on bikes and scooters. But then there are many of us who aren't aware of how the controls of these machines work. I must admit if I were in that place I would have steered clear of picking up the scooter, especially if the rear wheel had been spinning - I know next to nothing about turning them off.
honeybee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 13:49   #25923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The guy surely needs training on bikes and scooters. But then there are many of us who aren't aware of how the controls of these machines work. I must admit if I were in that place I would have steered clear of picking up the scooter, especially if the rear wheel had been spinning - I know next to nothing about turning them off.
It's more of an involuntary action - engine running, the guy picks up the scooter, first by the left side of the handle bar, everything is OK. Then he switches hands and now he's holding the accelerator, the weight shifts, accelerator turns and the scooter lunges forward. Happens to lot of people as mentioned. And at idle throttle, the rear wheels might not turn at all, by design, which confuses people and think that the engine is not running.
The lady should thank her stars. It was a bike and he was able to stop without much fuss. Imagine if it was a car, bus or truck.

Last edited by A350XWB : 12th March 2018 at 13:53.
A350XWB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 14:29   #25924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
This reminds me of the Honda Grazia Launch
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...h-blooper.html

Now that the idiotic lady is not seriously hurt, everyone can afford a laugh. She must be thinking that she is driving a train and everyone will stop when she is crossing
If there was a truck instead of the motorcycle, it could have been fatal for her.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 11:28   #25925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I think you are talking mixing up the Begur-Koppa road and NICE road. If you are suggesting that the car fell from Begur-Koppa road, then it's wrong. It was driving on and toppled on the NICE road itself. The car was traveling up-hill on NICE road, after the incline just next to T-John college. The car must have been traveling at some serious speeds to have this kind of result.
Thats what the locals around told me and looked possible as the bridge is right over NICE road and the edge before bridge starts(if you are coming from begur/bomanhalli side) is unsecured. Though not sure as I reached the spot around half an hour later while heading to office.

Last edited by SoumenD : 13th March 2018 at 11:32.
Old 13th March 2018, 12:09   #25926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Another NICE Road accident. 3 young souls gone. 2 souls in hospital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Thats what the locals around told me and looked possible as the bridge is right over NICE road and the edge before bridge starts(if you are coming from begur/bomanhalli side) is unsecured. Though not sure as I reached the spot around half an hour later while heading to office.
People always assume many things and make stories in such cases. but the last picture in the above post from Sarvodaya shows the tyre marks too confirming that it didn't fall from the bridge above but it was moving on the NICE road itself.
Also one of my company cabs was there behind this cab. Some of my colleagues got down and pulled out the injured and dead from the car themselves. They called the ambulance which arrived in 5 minutes of the accident and they came away after that. They said it was really sad which it was indeed.

In another incident, I read online that singer Aditya Narayan was arrested for rash driving and causing an accident
News source
The report says he took the injured the hospital himself which is good on his part.

Anyway, got this joke on Whatsapp on the incident. It said...
Guess who gave him driving lessons
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-images-1.jpeg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th March 2018 at 08:14. Reason: Removing attachment links from quoted post
hemanth.anand is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 01:35   #25927
Senior - BHPian

Witnessed a ?'hit and run/Accident on 11th Mar 18 on Ring road, Near Rajghat Thermal power plant.
Rt corner video is the rear camera

The Victim vehicle is a Santro.

Tried to catch up with the culprit to get his plates and man they were genuinely trying their best to get away.
(high speed rash driving/weaving in and out of traffic at high speed)

sohail99 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 13:06   #25928
BHPian

Found this dash cam footage in youtube. I am not sure whether this was already shared in this thread. According to the details mentioned in the video, it was a recent one and happened near Hebbal in Bengaluru.

Hickstead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 13:30   #25929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Found this dash cam footage in Youtube. I am not sure whether this was already shared in this thread. According to the details mentioned in the video, it was a recent one and happened near Hebbal in Bengaluru.
I came across same type of stupid two wheeler specimen just last week. They leave a wide open road on the left, cut across into a mid or right lane in front of a vehicle, and then, guess what, they brake suddenly! I mean, can anyone do something more stupid while riding? I think not. Mind you, it's not even like there's a signal ahead in these cases so everyone would be slowing down.

Even in this case, it's not a turning situation. There was space for two trucks on the left of the road, still these heroines swerve right, and do the smartest thing next- Brake/slowdown in front of an already moving vehicle just behind you. Class act.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th March 2018 at 23:01. Reason: Removing link from quoted post
pixantz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 13:33   #25930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Found this dash cam footage in Youtube. I am not sure whether this was already shared in this thread. According to the details mentioned in the video, it was a recent one and happened near Hebbal in Bengaluru.
Yes, that's the ORR near Hebbal.
What was the 2 wheeler guy doing? Idiot!
Looks like he wanted to turn right at some median break close to this, Overtakes the car from the left and then spots the school bus and brakes.
Poor car guy(looks like a cabbie) gets into trouble for no fault of his
Although he was talking with someone and may not have been completely attentive, he couldn't have done much if the scooter guy cuts his lane and brakes like this. The pillion rider is lucky that the school bus also stopped well in time
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 13:38   #25931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I came across same type of stupid two wheeler specimen just last week.
Bangalore roads are plagued by specimen's like these. They have a special affinity towards cutting from left or right, come in the middle of the road and then decelerate the two wheeler. At time I think they trust our braking more than we do.

Irrespective of the cause, bigger vehicle will always be at fault.
RSimonS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 13:40   #25932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Yes, that's the ORR near Hebbal.
What was the 2 wheeler guy doing? Idiot!
Looks like he wanted to turn right at some median break close to this, Overtakes the car from the left and then spots the school bus and brakes.
Poor car guy(looks like a cabbie) gets into trouble for no fault of his
Although he was talking with someone and may not have been completely attentive, he couldn't have done much if the scooter guy cuts his lane and brakes like this. The pillion rider is lucky that the school bus also stopped well in time
Here's what the description says, in Youtube:

Quote:
First of all A big thanks to all the bike riders and pedestrians who rushed to help those injured kids and cleared the road for traffic, Also no one created rucksack as usual blame-game which happens after the accident.
So this Activa guy was travelling with his friend without a helmet and was in hurry to reach hostel in Yalahanka(Both are students). As soon as they overtook me, they saw Police interceptor with speed camera, so to evade them they came right but there was already a bus so he applied brakes, At that time I hit the biker.
Both were immediately rushed to the hospital, Boy had minor injuries but Girl was injured seriously, she got 3 stitches on her lips and she also injured her tongue.
Since Police was already present at the scene both vehicles were taken to the station, My car was released when they saw the video but they have booked the boy for driving rashly.

My bumper also got damaged and I paid for their treatment in hospital but did not register any case against them for any claim since they were students and it was an unintentional accident.

Guys do not ride without the helmet, I was not able to sleep after watching the girls face in the hospital, They were trying to evade Police to save Rs 100 fine but ended up in such a huge mess.

Last edited by silversteed : 14th March 2018 at 13:43.
silversteed is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 14:38   #25933
BHPian

Quote:

Another case where having a dashcam can prove to be the savior for you. You never know whether eye witnesses would come to your defense or not but having a dashcam in such cases really helps. I hear the driver also mentioning towards the end of the video that the camera would've recorded everything.

Looks like the Car driver was talking to co-occupants of the car and had limited or no time to react at all. The interceptor is regularly present at this spot near Hebbal most evenings and each time I drive during the evening hours, I figure out the presence of interceptor by sudden breaking of vehicles in front before I even visually spot the interceptor, and this is not limited to bikes alone. The worst part is the vehicles zipping along realize the presence of interceptor only after a swerve to the right or left which is followed by sudden braking.
This incident also emphasizes the need for defensive driving on Indian roads, Drive your defensive best and hope you don't encounter something completely unavoidable.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 14:56   #25934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I believe this is BHPian bravo_romeo's car - prompting him to start this thread
lamborghini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 15:23   #25935
BHPian

Have a look at this road accident where no vehicle was involved and a women was injured.
This happened in Bharuch, Gujarat.

Hickstead is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks