Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2018, 19:00   #25936
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Found this dash cam footage in Youtube. I am not sure whether this was already shared in this thread.
Very common in Bangalore, specially where there are police checks in place. Cars and bikes slow down suddenly to avoid getting a ticket. On some parts of Kanakapura road, the bikers even take a U Turn and run away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Have a look at this road accident where no vehicle was involved and a women was injured.
That's definitely a serious injury, or worse. It's high time we issued license plates and charged road tax for these large, stray, and highly temperamental animals!

Animal encounters on road could be a separate thread with many Dash-Cam videos flooding youtube.
Old 14th March 2018, 19:32   #25937
BHPian

Quote:
My car was released when they saw the video but they have booked the boy for driving rashly.
This one line is the reason why we should have a dash cam ready in our vehicles. No matter what, invest in it. It will save you one day.

It not only saved the driver from hassles of cases, but will also give the much needed knowledge for others about perils of careless driving and its aftermath.

Glad those people survived that fall. But the people attending to accident victims should also take care to not move them immediately but rather check for broken bones and support their neck with their palms before lifting them to safety off the road. The way that girl fell, I thought she would have cracked few ribs and femoral, radius bones.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 05:09   #25938
Senior - BHPian

Cops are typically helpful in sorting the things out when they see a dashcam footage. I was allowed to go free from a alleged 'hit and run case' near Mandya where I didn't hit the biker at all. In another incident, I gave a scooter driver the video of the pick up hitting him/not stopping and police was able to nab the pickup with the help of video.
arjithin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 09:31   #25939
Senior - BHPian

One killed, 3 hurt in expressway accident.

Quote:
A 54-year-old woman from Mulund in Mumbai was killed while three other persons sustained serious injuries when the car they were travelling in towards Pune met with an accident on the expressway on Wednesday morning.
Kamshet police said the driver, who was speeding, had apparently lost control over the vehicle. It had veered off the road and landed in a ditch at Baur, about 50 km from here. “The car is registered with the Thane RTO and the ditch in which it was found was at least 15 feet deep ,” the
y added.

News Source : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63307290.cms
Old 16th March 2018, 20:02   #25940
BHPian

Don't know if it was posted earlier in this thread. Mod can remove if its required to do so.

cp171185 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 20:39   #25941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Don't know if it was posted earlier in this thread. Mod can remove if its required to do so.
Yes, a car can topple, for a reason like this too; Accidents can never be judged just by the pictures and this one is a brilliant example.

I hope there were no casualties.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 10:42   #25942
BHPian

A good friend of mine forwarded these images to me, he captured this while passing through the accident scene. All credits to the original photographer. Location - HSR Layout, date - 15th March 2018

By looking at the damage to the car, I am believing that no one was hurt. Its scary when you realise that a heavy truck is going to fall on your car/you.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20180315-6.11.23-pm.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20180315-6.11.24-pm.jpeg
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 17:52   #25943
BHPian

Another drink and drive accident in which the Tigor's build quality was put to test. The occupants escaped unhurt thanks to the superior build of the Tigor and seatbelts. Here is the video which was shot as a vlog
All credit goes to CarToq for the article and the vlogger for the video.
Old 17th March 2018, 17:56   #25944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
Another drink and drive accident in which the Tigor's build quality was put to test. The occupants escaped unhurt thanks to the superior build of the Tigor and seatbelts. Here is the video which was shot as a vlog
All credit goes to CarToq for the article and the vlogger for the video.
Am I the only one thinking that cartoq is talking up the Tigor? I get the feeling that it is advertisement masquerading as news.

Last edited by sridhu : 17th March 2018 at 17:59.
sridhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 19:04   #25945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Am I the only one thinking that cartoq is talking up the Tigor? I get the feeling that it is advertisement masquerading as news.
Exactly! I guess the original intention was to review the car which after the accident turned into an advertorial to keep the company happy for damaging their car. Overtly dramatic narration. That was not even a proper accident, let alone a near death experience.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 19:19   #25946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Exactly! I guess the original intention was to review the car which after the accident turned into an advertorial to keep the company happy for damaging their car. Overtly dramatic narration. That was not even a proper accident, let alone a near death experience.
The headline: Tata Tigor owner has surprise crash while video blogging

https://www.cartoq.com/tata-tigor-ow...logging-video/
lawdgawd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 22:41   #25947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdgawd View Post
The headline: Tata Tigor owner has surprise crash while video blogging

https://www.cartoq.com/tata-tigor-ow...logging-video/
The video title is so misleading! How on earth is that a "Near-death experience"?! A fender-bender at the most, at normal city speeds. Any car will suffer the same amount of damage, except maybe something like an Alto 800. Even CarToq calls it a major crash, and have thrown in words like "engine compartment intact" and "road worthy" for good measure. Sounds like stupid journalism.

"Tata build quality saved my life" Tata's build quality has certainly improved in recent years, but this just sounds like fanboy-ism.

P.S : Was he recording the video himself while driving? That's just unsafe driving practice.

Last edited by Rohan24 : 17th March 2018 at 22:45.
Rohan24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 22:52   #25948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
The video title is so misleading! How on earth is that a "Near-death experience"?! A fender-bender at the most, at normal city speeds....

P.S : Was he recording the video himself while driving? That's just unsafe driving practice.
Well, he could have had a heart attack seeing his car scratched, and he didn't have one knowing the Tigor would handle the damage in its stride - that could be a logic behind the life saving build quality :-D

The speeds seem to be pretty low and no info is available on how it happened, who really was at fault and whether the other driver indeed was drunk.

Too many loose ends to be a credible good story.
honeybee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 10:19   #25949
Distinguished - BHPian

Got these pics as WhatsApp forward!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180318wa0030.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180318wa0031.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180318wa0032.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 12:16   #25950
Senior - BHPian

Another accident on the Yamuna Express way with fatalities.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report...illed-2594958/

It happened in the wee hours of the morning according to the article when an Innova rammed into a stationary truck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks