Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2018, 21:51   #26446
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Didn't understand this intentional accident. Insurance fraud? Thanks to Madhav Anil for sharing.
This is just weird. If it's insurance fraud then why record the accident! Is it a case of someone learning to drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
It was the biker’s fault to barge into the fast lane without checking, but the Terrano did not even stop after the hit.
While the Terrano is flooring the pedal the biker seems to be in his own world on an empty road. Both are equally at fault of completely ignoring their surroundings and driving. Kudos to the camera car sticking to the left lane for most part of the video, definitely rare. Have noticed that people often drop their guard on open roads with little or no traffic. Terrano can be seen brushing the median, a bit more and there could have been a larger disaster!

Surprised that the camera car did not stop to check on the biker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Captured this on my dashcam yesterday on the Kundalahalli main road, Bangalore.
In this case the car guy had very little chance, although in Bangalore he should expect such sudden appearances by Harry Houdinis on bikes, the funny thing is, even with the video it will be very hard to convince the biker that he was somewhat at fault here. The traffic warden for this area is an acquaintance, will check if the video is required. In all probability the biker would have extracted some cash and gone about his business as usual.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 22:00   #26447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
All good and heartening, but is it the right thing to do?

Definitely not in case of head injuries. Because the act of lifting and carrying the victim might be aggravating any head injury. The correct method would be to secure the head and neck, and then shift the person.

I have seen someone die because of over enthusiastic helpers.
I understand your concern. But for that to happen we need fast response team, with trained para medical staffs. We are so far behind from having that, unfortunately.

I myself have witnessed an incident when I was working in Chennai, where the bystander was shaking the injured victim vigorously. Who had taken a tumble on the road from a scooty as he rode it with the side stand down. The next thing people did was to give him water, not sure why, though.

Even I don't know how to give a proper first-aid. There underlies the problem, I believe.
ecenandu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 22:55   #26448
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
It was the biker’s fault to barge into the fast lane without checking, but the Terrano did not even stop after the hit.
The biker who fell might have suffered a head injury, or not. What about the risk of getting overrun by another vehicle while still lying on the road ? Guilty or not, he has a family waiting for him.

Your friend with the dashcam did not stop either.

Mob fury borne out of a need to let out personal frustrations, thrashes the driver of the bigger vehicle, irrespective of whatever happened. This single fact has subverted the humanitarian instinct to stop and help someone. Sad.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 23:31   #26449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This hit and run was captured by my friend’s dashcam near Marur toll plaza.

Wow. That was so horribly the bikers fault. And of course the Terrano for not stopping.

But the dash cam car has not stopped to help the biker either. He could and should have done that at least. He has camera proof to show the accident was not caused by him.
Old 29th May 2018, 00:02   #26450
Senior - BHPian

Saw news about this accident: Karnataka Congress MLA Siddu Nyamagouda dies in road accident

Following excerpt from another news report:

Quote:
The MLA was returning from Goa to his Constituency Jamkhandi when he met with an accident near Tulasigeri at about 4.30 am. The incident occurred after the left tyre of the Innova car, in which he was travelling, burst and the car rammed into a road side parapet wall. He died on the way to the hospital.
The MLA was in New Delhi and had returned to Goa by flight before he proceeded to his Constituency by car, according to the Police.
Got this photo on twitter.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-s.jpg  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 07:08   #26451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Didn't understand this intentional accident. Insurance fraud? Thanks to Madhav Anil for sharing.
I had seen something similar on YouTube earlier, sharing it here.

BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 08:00   #26452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
All I meant was that here the passersby didn't start to take out their phones and click pictures or videos that has so become a norm today.
Agree. That is commendable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Even I don't know how to give a proper first-aid. There underlies the problem, I believe.
Very true, even for most Bhpians. Don't know if it's ignorance or just disinterest, but even threads on First Aid after accidents / handling accident victims, etc. just don't seem to get traction. This important thread below, for example, hasn't gone beyond a couple of pages

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4320491

PS: Every Red Cross unit organises a short duration (about 1 week) First Aid Certificate course, once a year. Maybe you can inquire at your nearest Red Cross.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 08:07   #26453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Biker who was probably in la la land without a care in the world paid the price.
The bikers la-la land is called the lane lines, I hate to repeat this again and again but its true, specially in the city that is known for its two-wheelers - Bangalore.

EVERY biker sticks to the lane lines on every road.. and as a result they consider both lanes as their own and assume that their movement should happen freely and without contest either to the left or to the right. I am sick of driving in this city where two wheeler riders are the most boorish lot, be it a TVS 50 carrying 10 boxes, a Honda Dio with 2 helmetless riders showing off their maneuvering skills, a Duke rider flying off his handle ignoring signals altogether or a massive Bullet rider with a huge leg-protector frame that extends 10 miles and carefully wrapped in some sort of rope, zig-zagging in stopped signals. Bikes, you see.. are the real tanks, they are forged from the alloys of the fictional comics no less (adamantium, vibranium anyone?), no matter how many cars they brush against and dent.. nothing happens to the handlebars or the leg-protectors of the bike.. their front and rear ends are mere rubber tyres mounted on 50-spoke wheels, no damage there either.

It's extremely worrying for car drivers when two-wheelers suddenly turn into main-roads without a care in the world, when they harass and honk at cars that are stopped at signals and when they break almost every road-rule possible so that they may have their joy-ride and cheap thrills at the heart-ache of another motorist. The Terrano was not at fault here.. there is a protocol for turning on high-speed highways - put indicator, show the hand if possible, increase the speed and THEN overtake, the two wheeler did NONE of those. However it is also bothering me that the car never seemed to have pumped the brakes (I didn't see the brake lights).. but at that speed I really think the two wheeler should've stuck to his lane or should've turned much in advance if he wanted to take a right at that junction.

We aren't even third-world if traffic laws aren't being followed. Forget all the political aspirations and marketing of catching up with America or Europe, we are just on par with North Africa or a little ahead, at best.
dark.knight is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 09:01   #26454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Friend says the Terrano was driving rashly and had couple near misses before this incident.
Something appears wrong with the driver of the Terrano. I didn't spot the brake lamps when the rider was inching close towards the Terrano. I hope he was not drunk.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 09:41   #26455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post

Surprised that the camera car did not stop to check on the biker.
People rarely stop and help nowadays, especially if they are in a bigger vehicle and have family with them. And I don't blame them. It's all mob mentality in our county that people are afraid of. Even if you have camera proof it will take some convincing and time from mob to agree that the camera car wasn't involved. And god knows what could have happened till then.

Not to forget the hassle from cops afterwards if the bikers press charges.

Sad but true.
the_skyliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 09:59   #26456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Saw news about this accident: Karnataka Congress MLA Siddu Nyamagouda dies in road accident

Following excerpt from another news report:

Got this photo on twitter.
I wonder if he wore his seat belt as passenger cell is intact
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 10:25   #26457
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
The bikers la-la land is called the lane lines, I hate to repeat this again and again but its true, specially in the city that is known for its two-wheelers - Bangalore.

EVERY biker sticks to the lane lines on every road.. and as a result they consider both lanes as their own and assume that their movement should happen freely and without contest either to the left or to the right.
To add to that, whether its the :
1) the "im in a hurry, you are not" pizza/food delivery guy, or
2) the "im so selfish, i dont care if I hit a pedestrian" footpath riding office commuter, or
3) the 120+ "see, how fast I fly in my 3 lac bike, honey" reflective sunglass clad style-god with his girlfriend (sitting 2 feet higher than him) hanging on for dear life,

all of them, invariably think their two wheeler is a point object, ie, they dont account for the length of their bikes when cutting from left to right or vice versa, close to the nose of a car - its the car driver's responsibility to not hit them by panic braking
venkyhere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 10:38   #26458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
.....as passenger cell is intact
The pic in the link below indicates a severe footwell intrusion on the front left passenger side.

Left side impact pic
Old 29th May 2018, 10:42   #26459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The pic in the link below indicates a severe footwell intrusion on the front left passenger side.

Left side impact pic
Thanks, I stand corrected
Old 29th May 2018, 14:35   #26460
Senior - BHPian

A truck driver travelling on the wrong side of the road collided head-on into a Baleno on NH-48. He wanted to save 6 kms of driving.

There were 7 people in the Baleno. 6 of them lost their lives.

Link
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks