Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2018, 10:25   #26911
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Correct. But it's not the Vento.
You mean the car model or the culprit? Or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Here's a video grab from a video posted on one of the groups on Facebook. There was a truck in front of the Duster and there was a truck behind the last car as well. These three were sandwiched between the two and this is the result. Unfortunately, cannot find a way to share the video here. The frontal damage on the Duster substantiates that.
This image gives the complete picture.
Looks to be quite a severe frontal impact for Duster.
Old 8th August 2018, 10:40   #26912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Doddaballapur road, wide 6 lane roads with service lane on one side but too many break in the medians and traffic merging from the bylanes.
Parag, excellent post!

Our entire family uses the D'pur Road and I have lost track of the number of times I have been careful myself and also harangued our drivers on both the Seshadripuram College intersection and the NES main signal. People just don't give a damn and come out of the smaller roads. Removing the scientific road-humps at the S'puram College intersection is a particular disaster with the BMTC buses in full flow.

Another real blind spot is the Mallya Aditi / Cafe Coffee Day median break with a zillion vehicles turning in and out of that lane or just carrying out u-turns there.

D'pur Road just has too many median breaks and with the quality of driving on the suddenly smooth road, general road safety has taken a catastrophic drop from the earlier situation.

I am dreading the news of a fatal collision at any of these intersections very very soon.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:18   #26913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Animesh Sengupta for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts
It was not the Duster at fault. It was a heavy vehicle (a container truck) which hit around 4 vehicles and what you see in the pics is the outcome of that. Looks like the truck hit the civic, which rammed into the vento which then lifted the duster. There were total of 5 vehicles involved as far as my information goes but only 3 are visible in the pic but it can be seen that the duster too has some frontal damage, probably because of hitting another vehicle (?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Any info on the exact location of this accident in Pune?
This happened on Katraj Kondwa road based on the information I received

Last edited by centaur : 8th August 2018 at 11:21.
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 13:42   #26914
Distinguished - BHPian

I witnessed a horrific accident on Sunday. An overspeeding Ford Figo, mowed down 5 bikers waiting at the side of the road. The car was overtaking vehicles from the wrong lane, the bikers were not even parked on the road. One biker passed away, another one was paralysed and 3 others were injured.

Dashcam Footage of the incident:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65284909.cms
.anshuman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 13:50   #26915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I witnessed a horrific accident on Sunday. An overspeeding Ford Figo, mowed down 5 bikers waiting at the side of the road. The car was overtaking vehicles from the wrong lane, the bikers were not even parked on the road. One biker passed away, another one was paralysed and 3 others were injured.

May his soul rests in peace and hope the injured gets well soon. The car driver was obviously at fault here, no denying that however from your video, the group was not actually off the road, they look like they were very much on the road. In India, you can't take anything for granted. They should have been more careful.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th August 2018 at 14:34. Reason: Removing youtube URL.
Engine_Roars is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 14:22   #26916
BHPian

Solid line means, you cannot drive beyond that point except for Emergency stopping. Only Emergency Vehicles, like Police, Ambulance etc., are allowed to drive over the shoulder.

Well, in India, hardly anyone follows that rule. As per my opinion, the Bikers had not parked the Bikes. They might have just stopped for head count or Fuel stop. The above Video has actually captured after the accident, so we cannot judge the reason for the Car to swerve to extreme left.

If it is overtaking from left gone wrong, then the Car is at fault.

Last edited by jaaz : 8th August 2018 at 14:23.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 14:54   #26917
BHPian

Quote:
That is so unfortunate. Even if the bikers were standstill on the road, it is the car's fault. Seeing the petrol pump exit, any sane driver would slow down with anticipation of vehicles exiting the fuel station.

A life lost is irreversible loss. RIP.
the_skyliner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 17:16   #26918
BHPian

Here is a news article that sheds more light on how it happened:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65314096.cms

The trailer transporting iron plates was on its way to Khadi Machine Chowk from Katraj. The driver inexplicably lost control over the vehicle and hit a car on the driver's side. His trailer pressed the car on the left side and when the driver realised what had happened, he abandoned the trailer by jumping out of the vehicle, leaving it running.

The freewheeling trailer then hit two cars and an SUV with such force that the SUV was flung into air and landed on top of another car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
It was not the Duster at fault. It was a heavy vehicle (a container truck) which hit around 4 vehicles and what you see in the pics is the outcome of that. Looks like the truck hit the civic, which rammed into the vento which then lifted the duster. There were total of 5 vehicles involved as far as my information goes but only 3 are visible in the pic but it can be seen that the duster too has some frontal damage, probably because of hitting another vehicle (?).

This happened on Katraj Kondwa road based on the information I received
shajoshi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 23:17   #26919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
The trailer transporting iron plates was on its way to Khadi Machine Chowk from Katraj. The driver inexplicably lost control over the vehicle and hit a car on the driver's side. His trailer pressed the car on the left side and when the driver realised what had happened, he abandoned the trailer by jumping out of the vehicle, leaving it running.

The freewheeling trailer then hit two cars and an SUV with such force that the SUV was flung into air and landed on top of another car.
It is a pattern for the drivers to abandon their commercial vehicles after an accident and run away. They flee with their vehicles when they get a chance. We need more cameras on the roads
Old 8th August 2018, 23:24   #26920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
It is a pattern for the drivers to abandon their commercial vehicles after an accident and run away. They flee with their vehicles when they get a chance. We need more cameras on the roads
Since its also a pattern that these very drivers most of the times become victims of lynching and often lose lives due to mob fury.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 03:20   #26921
BHPian

Quote:

It is a tough one to figure out. But irrespective of anything, it's the duty of the car driver to keep others safe. It's sad that lives have no value and road safety in India receives zero priority.
Old 9th August 2018, 10:01   #26922
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accident in Kerala - biker loses his life

News link in Malayalam - https://www.manoramaonline.com/fastt...ravilagad.html

Watch it from 0:40s

The way the car took the right turn (going into the wrong lane) is how most of the folks in Pune drive. It also looked like the helmet of the bike rider just flew away (as I could make out from the video). May be it wasn't buckled properly or it was of a wrong size. As per the reports, RTO has initiated the process to get the license of the car driver cancelled. The police also have charged the driver with "culpable homicide not amounting to murder."

Last edited by pjbiju : 9th August 2018 at 10:08.
pjbiju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 10:18   #26923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
As per the reports, RTO has initiated the process to get the license of the car
driver cancelled. The police also have charged the driver with "culpable homicide not amounting to murder."
The car was completely at fault on this one. He/She should have waited for the rider to cross. The rider has the right of way here. I hope the driver is thrown in jail for such criminal negligence .
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 10:29   #26924
BHPian

Quote:
News link in Malayalam - https://www.manoramaonline.com/fastt...ravilagad.html

The way the car took the right turn (going into the wrong lane) is how most of the folks in Pune drive. It also looked like the helmet of the bike rider just flew away (as I could make out from the video). May be it wasn't buckled properly or it was of a wrong size. As per the reports, RTO has initiated the process to get the license of the car driver cancelled. The police also have charged the driver with "culpable homicide not amounting to murder."
While I feel sorry for the two wheeler rider, I see many things that are not ok on this video.

1. There is a biker who goes across the road and rides on the wrong side of the road and parks just at the edge of a narrow (1+1) road.

2. A white two wheeler who wishes to turn right is on the right half (Wrong half) of the street. Think person is the first cause of the accident imho.

3. The car drove on the wrong lane and turned into the wrong lane, thanks to the white two wheeler.

4. The biker who t-boned was a bit too quick for that road and had no time to react. The helmet should under no circumstance fly off.

Like I have said many a time, it takes more than one thing to be wrong for an accident to take place.
swissknife is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 10:51   #26925
BHPian

Quote:
... Watch it from 0:40s. The way the car took the right turn (going into the wrong lane) is how most of the folks in Pune drive....
It's a simple rule that no one follows. People coming from the right always have the right of way. In this case the car is supposed to wait for both bikes to pass regardless how fast or slow each are. However with our exploding population, you may never make that right turn if you follow the above.

Rest, the biker is way too fast for the road width, the car turns from wrong lane to wrong lane, probably without indicating, and definitely without looking. The white bike is also at the wrong end of the road to make that turn unless its a "one way". All 3 should be booked IMO.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks