Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2019, 07:29   #29641
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
While a facebook shows up, the video there does not play. It just shows up a blank screen. I don't have a Facebook account, if that helps.
I don't have one either. I opened the link on a browser on my phone. It also works on pc. I just changed m.facebook.com to facebook.com in the original poster's link. It should work.
Old 29th September 2019, 07:45   #29642
Senior - BHPian

An extra observation about the person who shot the video. Thanks for posting it and informing authorities - going that extra step helps to catch such offenders.

One reply in the Facebook thread shows that you had your 2 year old child on the passenger seat and hence gave up the chase. In another Facebook photo there is a pic of a child on the lap in the front passenger seat. I sincerely hope the child uses an appropriate car seat in the rear of the car. A crash at the speed of the chase in this video is enough for serious injury to a child unrestrained in the front seat of any car. Drive safe and I hope the authorities use your video to punish the offender.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st October 2019 at 15:48. Reason: Spacing
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 09:54   #29643
BHPian

Quote:
While a facebook shows up, the video there does not play. It just shows up a blank screen. I don't have a Facebook account, if that helps.
Even I don't have a Facebook account. I just refreshed the page and it worked for me. By the way, I shall attach the images of the incident below.

The last three images show how the Kwid driver managed to escape despite being blocked by the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093518.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093527.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093535.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093545.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093554.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093614.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093636.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093646.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190929093654.png  

Tom Sooraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 13:22   #29644

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystriker View Post
So this reckless guy was brought to justice?
The person who uploaded the video has tweeted it to Mumbai Police twitter handle yesterday. So, I hope they take action.

Quote:
I guess twitter allows you to read tweets and watch videos without signing up.
Here’s the link to the video on twitter.
https://t.co/OBRctu0aWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
By the way, I shall attach the images of the incident below.
Thanks, Tom!
Angst is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 13:15   #29645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
This is dashcam footage from a friend of a friend. A careless Kwid driver (MH47K4212) shifts lanes...
Most drivers think that "switching on a turn indicator" gives them a hall pass to change lanes or turn. Two recent incidents on my way and back from work.

The first one, at J P Nagar Junction on a green signal a red swift decided to put their left indicator from the right most lane and cross four lanes of traffic to complete their left turn. Needless to say, three vehicles including me had to suddenly brake to avoid this stunt. What was good to see if the traffic police jump into action and stop this car less than 100 meters from the turn.

In another incident, on NICE Road, going at a leisurely 80-90 just about to overtake a truck doing probably 60-70 kph, a cab puts its right indicator on and tries to squeeze itself in between me and the truck when the gap is less than 4 meters. Driver looked visibly disturbed that he had put on his indicator and yet no one really created a space for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
An extra observation about the person who shot the video...
Authorities should book both the drivers. The dash cam car is reckless to follow that errant driver even after capturing the video. He actually had two options:
1. Stop and help out the bikers
2. Share the footage with them and the authorities to do their job
He did none. Chasing a car in traffic pretending to be a character from Fast & Furious franchise does not help anyone.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 13:55   #29646
Team-BHP Support

Chasing someone post-incident is a recipe for disaster, could potentially cause more incidents.

At 1:04, the pedestrian in the pink tee (with his back turned to the approaching cars) could've easily been a victim of the chasing car if he'd decided to continue chasing the Kwid through that left turn.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 02:58   #29647
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a 'minor' accident at RC Puram junction in Tirupati on 24th September. The car didn't notice the bikes while turning into the main road. The driver may have sped up a little as there was a truck approaching and runs into the bike. Thankfully the biker didn't fall onto the trucks path.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:12   #29648
Senior - BHPian

So I witnessed an accident, almost became part of it too. All three cars involved were from Maruti and a truck (not the heavy wala, but the mid-range one).

I take the EEH on the way back most of the time. With a bit thinner traffic I made brisk progress and descended the Kanjurmarg flyover. Took to the middle lane to overtake a few slow-moving vehicles. There was a Dzire cab in front of me, a WagonR in the left lane and the right lane was empty. I pulled into the right lane and to my horror, I saw a man descend from the road divider bang into the path of the car.

As I braked, the man kept moving across and the Dzire guy now swerved to avoid him. The man didn't stop. If he had, both cars would have missed him (but most likely someone from behind would have hit him). In those couple of seconds, I realised he was not in his senses at all.

He hit the Dzire near the A-pillar and crashed down onto the road, sprawling across the lanes. I moved as close to the divider as I could and narrowly missed his limbs.

While this was happening in front of my eyes, out of the corner of my eye I saw something equally horrible. The Dzire had swerved to the left to avoid hitting the man and had stopped after the man still collided with it. His maneuver threw the WagonR guy off his track and the Waggy came bang into the path of the truck following it. Mind you, we all were doing more than 60kmph easily when this all started unfolding.

The truck slammed on to the brakes but kept swerving and kept pushing the Waggy in front of it. It finally stopped about fifty to sixty feet ahead and fortunately, the WagonR was still standing on its own four wheels. The driver came out, so did the rear seat passengers. Miraculously they were all safe but shaken.

I moved to the left edge of the road and locked the car and got out.

Soon the truck backed up a little and freed up the Waggy from its bumper and then made off. There were a few policemen and women around as a police jeep had been following in the traffic and there are usually cops near the Nahur lake. I went to the WagonR and got the occupants to the side of the road to safety. The driver had gone back to check on the accident spot. He returned and drove the car to the side. The left side panels/doors had been scratched and dented, but nowhere near as bad as the accident should have done. The doors wouldn't open, but the rear glass still worked.

So I got them seated in their car and then drove off myself. Two police vehicles were parked on the service road, so I let them attend to the formalities.

Phew, what an experience!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd October 2019 at 10:02. Reason: Corrected for typos & readability. Thanks.
honeybee is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 14:33   #29649
Senior - BHPian

This accident happened in a crowded road at Solan. Looking at the cctv capture, it looks like the pedestrian didn't expect the bike to come so fast on this road. She miscalculated and tried to outrun it across the road.
As per news reports, the bikers absconded and the pedestrian was injured.
The local news report is here: https://m.himachal.punjabkesari.in/h...cident-1063530
Old 4th October 2019, 17:52   #29650
BHPian

Rohit Shetty seems to be filming in my city

I am tempted to just leave the pictures here and read everyone’s guess as to what happened.

But anyhow since I don’t want to be mean - Tree from adjoining property fell on the car, partially impaled it and lifted it off the ground when it (the tree) settled onto the boundary wall.

Thankfully, this happened in the middle of the night and no one was injured.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2a19a03d37af4046a429cdfb899a1b73.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2019 at 19:08. Reason: Correcting image orientation
fordfreak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 17:57   #29651
BHPian

BenjiRoss: This accident happened in a crowded road at Solan. Looking at the cctv capture, it looks like the pedestrian didn't expect the bike to come so fast on this road. She miscalculated and tried to outrun it across the road.

Quite too fast for such a busy street. Recipe for disaster.

Last edited by djjebs : 4th October 2019 at 17:58. Reason: Error
djjebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 19:44   #29652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjebs View Post
..miscalculated and tried to outrun it across the road....
Almost everyone on our roads are eternally in a hurry. Smaller the vehicle, greater the urgency.

Going by same logic, the pedestrian was in an even greater hurry than the biker and paid the price.

Reminds me of a comment by a Japanese "Indian people always in a hurry, but never on time"

Hope people learn to plan better, take it easy on our roads, follow rules and prioritize safety above everything else.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 4th October 2019 at 19:55.
for_cars1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 22:12   #29653
Senior - BHPian

Received on social media. Did not get much information but it appears that accident happened on NH-37 near Demow in Sivasagar district of Assam.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-t1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-t2.jpg  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 22:24   #29654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Received on social media. Did not get much information but it appears that accident happened on NH-37 near Demow in Sivasagar district of Assam.
The cabin looks intact and as long as the passengers were belted, they would have survived.
bigben is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 02:03   #29655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
This accident happened in a crowded road at Solan. Looking at the cctv capture, it looks like the pedestrian didn't expect the bike to come so fast on this road. She miscalculated and tried to outrun it across the road.
As per news reports, the bikers absconded and the pedestrian was injured.
The local news report is here: https://m.himachal.punjabkesari.in/h...cident-1063530
For me, clearly biker is at fault. On such a narrow and busy road he appears to be over speeding a lot ( I mean really a lot ).

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th October 2019 at 07:50. Reason: edited quoted post

Most Viewed