Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2020, 12:45   #31216
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Tata Harrier accident toppled at Haryana.
Old 1st August 2020, 21:51   #31217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
You gotta love the narrator. He begins talking in a serious tone about people who record videos when they come across an accident and makes an earnest appeal.... an appeal that they remember to film in landscape and not portrait mode!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 22:18   #31218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
You gotta love the narrator.
Boy, I feel sad for that commentary than the accident itself. What was he trying to explain? Shoot in landscape..Tata build quality..send him videos of accidents..put comments for his video..! I didn't quite understand.

Also makes a comment that there is no much damage. I guess the repair charges will sure be in 6 digits.
Old 1st August 2020, 22:39   #31219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I know of an incident where a Business man in his 50s in a known circle passed away in a blink of an eye. He was sleeping in an Innova with seat reclined and seat belt on. The driver braked hard to avoid something and the person snapped his neck on the seatbelt. There was no accident or a shunt. That is how fragile we are.
I have always known that reclining in a moving vehicle is dangerous. I would never allow someone to do it in my car. I never imagined this scenario, though.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 23:28   #31220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
A car washed away in Anantapur while crossing an overflowing rivulet -
The occupants of the car were rescued by the locals. Luckily the depth does not seem to be very high. There was a full video going around in whatsapp which showed the locals rescuing them.

But its plain stupidity to venture when the flow was quite high.
nagarjun is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:52   #31221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
One can hope against hope, but that does not seem survivable. This is what happens to a car at about 60 :
This guy seems to be doing the same, approximately, but with bendy breaky bones and crushable tissue.
That is why I never understand why so many people happily ride a two wheeler on busy streets at high speeds not realising how dangerous it is. A simple fall means you can be crushed under a vehicle driving next to you or behind you. I can understand that the very poor have no choice but I never understand why the middle class and above would want to drive two wheelers. Driving slowly on an empty road near a beach or going to a neigbourhood store in a narrow alley might be less risky but commuting on it daily seems foolhardy. Any other alternative like a car, metro or bus should be chosen where available. In this very case, the person would have likely survived in a car.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:31   #31222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
What! why?

Yes, It may be advised to stay away from a road, but then classifying it as a rule is quite dictatorial.
There are countries that have this as an enforced rule. Messages are clearly posted not to stop on the shoulder unless it is an emergency or breakdown. In other words no loitering allowed. In case you are stopped the next cop to pass by will switch on his emergency lights and stop and ask what's up. Meantime other road users are trained to move over and leave a lane's worth of space OR if not possible to move over then they HAVE to slow down to a safe speed; not complying to this will lead to hefty fines and license cancellations.

We should be accepting the same ideology as much as we can for our own safety within the limitations of our infrastructure of course.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 19:28   #31223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I can understand that the very poor have no choice but I never understand why the middle class and above would want to drive two wheelers.
Whilst it is still acknowledged as one of the most dangerous forms of transport, there are many places in the world where two-wheelers, even powerful ones, are driven with great skill and attention to road and traffic. There is no reason to drive a two-wheeler and die of stupidity or ignorance.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 20:24   #31224
BHPian

Got this on whatsapp. The accident happened on Indore-Khandwa-Icchapur highway (or whatever remains of it)
Looks like a drunk driver behind the wheel, just before it rammed into the bike and tractor, the guy recording the video was asking the biker to overtake the truck running amok, luckily for them that manouvre couldn't be done and these guys were saved.

WasavaTyres is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 20:43   #31225
BANNED

Old 2nd August 2020, 20:58   #31226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
Bike Accident happened at Tirupati.
It's almost like a suicide than an accident. Who rides this fast in a curve? You don't have to hold a Masters degree in physics to know effect of centrifugal force in a curve. The impact must have killed him in blink. It's like taking a metal baseball bat straight to forehead in full swing. And look at the width of the median. Starved of space, medians in most inner-city streets are lamp-post wide. If the median were 2 feet wider, his head would have cleared the lamp-post and he would have rode past the lamp-post. He might have still fallen off his ride but at least he would have lived.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 22:18   #31227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
That is why I never understand why so many people happily ride a two wheeler on busy streets at high speeds not realising how dangerous it is. A simple fall means you can be crushed under a vehicle driving next to you or behind you. I can understand that the very poor have no choice
While it is true that two-wheelers are inherently less safe and those who cannot afford a car are indeed at a disadvantage, what happened here has little to do with poverty. It's just a guy who refuses to wear a helmet (if you can afford a bike, you can certainly afford a helmet) and rides at speeds where he simply can't control his bike. His fate was inevitable and the main positive is that he didn't hurt or kill innocent bystanders in the process.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 23:14   #31228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Got this on whatsapp. The accident happened on Indore-Khandwa-Icchapur highway (or whatever remains of it)
Looks like a drunk driver behind the wheel, just before it rammed into the bike and tractor, the guy recording the video was asking the biker to overtake the truck running amok, luckily for them that manouvre couldn't be done and these guys were saved.
Perhaps the biggest fear of driving on road, especially highways, is that you can get into an accident even for no mistake of yours. This is what happened to those people on bike and the tractor.

What is the best one can do in such situation?

I think nothing much can be done. Except that, put on hazard lights, slow down immediately after checking the IRVM, observe the vehicle's behaviour. If its still not steady, slowly drive down the ditch and anticipate and drive further away.

In this situation I think the bikers behind the truck should have gone closer to the truck keeping safe distance, to the truck's right and then should have kept on honking continuosly. Could have attracted the attention of truck driver. They keep honking inside the city when its not required much, but when required they were too busy making the video and just waiting to see how will it end
Hope those people survived.

Last edited by navin : 3rd August 2020 at 13:38. Reason: No need to include video in quoted post
Old 3rd August 2020, 07:01   #31229
Senior - BHPian

Link to Tata Tiago & Maruti Swift accident that occurred on 12th July 2020

https://fossbytes.com/maruti-suzuki-...-100-km-h/amp/
Old 3rd August 2020, 07:04   #31230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Looks like an old accident, the Verna is old model & unregistered (HR Temp Registration). Plus many people are wearing jackets & winter wear.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd August 2020 at 11:47. Reason: removed video link from quoted post
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks