Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2020, 22:08   #31831
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
In a shocking development in the Audi Q7 accident case, Jaipur police have let off the accused, allowing her to leave

There were two girls, including Neha Soni, present in the car at the time of the accident.
Looking at their faces it seems as if they have done nothing, calling their fathers to save their a** typical rich brat behaviour. Not a sign of remorse on their faces, how? If the biker had rammed into their car the girls would have called their fathers and got him bashed up 100%.

One you are driving 120Kmph+ on a flyover where the speed limit is not more than 70kmph most probably, two you caused fatal injuries to someone and you don’t have a FIR registered against you? How?

Sad reality in our country.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 22:27   #31832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
A new Dzire overturned due to tyre blast.
A new car's tyre would not burst without any reason. In majority of the cases tyre burst is the result of the accident and not the cause of the accident.

Having said that, awareness of tyre health among Indian car owners is relatively low. Last week I saw someone replacing tyres of a car and those tyres were nearly 12 years old
airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 23:05   #31833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Unnecessary. It's not as if Maruti drivers drive more carefully due to them being "tin cans" (SMH). I can bet that none of the people in this thread went and had an accident, with the thought of their cars being "tank like" in their minds. Nope. Just idiots, or maybe a Schumacher complex.
What you said is true and but you missed the point of my post. A safer, well built car does infact give the confidence of pushing it harder.

Even if one doesn't think about being in an accident with a tank like built car but the feel of an Audi Q7 at 100+ kmph gives a lot more confidence to even idiots who don't have the skills to handle. While a lighter built car like a Wagon R, Datsun Go etc. at 100+ kmph does dampen that to some extent (to most if not all riders).

Having a safe car that too with backing from their relatives in such cases does boost up the pseudo confidence by a huge margin.
RavSam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 09:30   #31834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
A new car's tyre would not burst without any reason. In majority of the cases tyre burst is the result of the accident and not the cause of the accident.

Having said that, awareness of tyre health among Indian car owners is relatively low. Last week I saw someone replacing tyres of a car and those tyres were nearly 12 years old
I agree, I too posted the same view in one of my posts above, but new car tyres can burst due to manufacturing defects like sidewall damages, etc.

Please have a look at this post, A brand new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza with just 250 kms on the ODO has sidewall bulges on all 5 tyres (including spare tyre), I'm disappointed on how Maruti and MRF handled the issue.

Quoting his post below :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmaril View Post
I have been an avid reader of this forum since a long while and recently took up membership as for my first post, I wanted to put up a long one about my purchase experience of a brezza zxi+ dual tone on 17.10.20 from Sai Service,Chicalim Goa. The purchase experience and how I ended up choosing the Vitara Brezza over the Venue, then seltos and then the Creta 2020 was a long tell in itself. But that is now for some other time as one week in and I have already been through an horrifying ordeal at the ASC. Imagine the horror I felt when cleaning the vehicle on Dussehra 25.10.20 to find tyre bulges on all tyre sidewalls (including the spare wheel) with vehicle run for 250 km. As it was holiday, took the vehicle to ASC next day, where upon checking other vehicles with and without similar MRF Wanderer tyres no other vehicles were having the same issue. The problems started after the workshop manager flatly refused to acknowledge any issue, saying its a normal characteristic and that "all MRF tyres have bulges on the side walls where the joints are located".

Had to call up Maruti Service manager Mr Akhil Mahajan from Mumbai Office who again repeated what the workshop manager insisted. I finally received an acknowledgement on paper that indeed some undulations have been observed, only after I contacted Mr Sanjay Wali, CEO Sai Service, with Mr Yusuf informing me that he has lost his patience with me. This went on till 20:00 hrs so you all can only imagine the stress I had to face. My only issue is why they are so reluctant to acknowledge an issue in a brand new vehicle? and how could they so callously provide defective tyres to me without any care for the safety of my family? Because surely this should have been seen during PDI. I went against family and friends wishes when going for a premium maruti because I was warned of the neglect towards safety by Maruti, though after reading posts here I felt it would be a safe bet. But I think customer apathy is ingrained at Maruti and has lead to this criminal act of them selling me the vehicle with defective tyres. This has been an eye opener for me and I would like to bring it to the notice of all fellow bhpians too. What scares me is that had I not thoroughly cleaned my tyre it might have been too late

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20201026_2225483662.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4917568 (Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review)
Old 7th November 2020, 09:51   #31835

Quote:
I agree, I too posted the same view in one of my posts above, but new car tyres can burst due to manufacturing defects like sidewall damages, etc.

Please have a look at this post, A brand new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza with just 250 kms on the ODO has sidewall bulges on all 5 tyres (including spare tyre), I'm disappointed on how Maruti and MRF handled the issue.
Hi white Sierra. Pleased to inform you that I got my tyre replacement through dealer. I would just like to say to car buyers to thoroughly go through the PDI procedure. There is a thread here on teambhp with detailed procedure for PDI. Do not skip out on any steps and always try to perform even additional checks, never trusting the manufacturer over any point. If possible take a friend who is experienced/ preferably a mechanic with you. Because inadvertently some issues do creep up unnoticed in our mass market cars. But it is our duty to point them out before delivery otherwise it becomes a huge hassle because once the vehicle is delivered to you the dealer/manufacturer will be least bothered with anything. Please let me know your views on this.
Silmaril is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 12:57   #31836
BHPian

Quote:
new car tyres can burst due to manufacturing defects like sidewall damages
a sidewall damage is not always a manufacturing defect.
Sidewall damage happens if you hit a pothole / road undulation or scrape a curb. In technical parlance it is what we call CBU Damage / Cord Break Up.
A tyre has nylon+steel wires as a carcass for the rubber to bond with. When these break up the air pressure inside causes the bulge.

The below pic I've taken from a pdf from Continental Tyres, germany.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mrf-cbu.jpg  

WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 14:06   #31837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
a sidewall damage is not always a manufacturing defect.
Sidewall damage happens if you hit a pothole / road undulation or scrape a curb. In technical parlance it is what we call CBU Damage / Cord Break Up.
A tyre has nylon+steel wires as a carcass for the rubber to bond with. When these break up the air pressure inside causes the bulge.

The below pic I've taken from a pdf from Continental Tyres, germany.
Thanks for sharing, in the above article from Continental Tyres website, they mentioned that sidewall indentations are harmless, however, sidewall bulge itself might not cause a tyre to burst, but it would no longer protect inner layer, and if there's an impact at that site in future, it will lead to tyre burst. Quoting the same from a popular car website.

Can I Drive with a Bulge in my Tire?

If you notice the bulge once you’re at home, the answer is a very firm “no”. Unfortunately, any tires with bulges (in the sidewall or otherwise) are no longer considered safe. This is because the fabric of the inner tire can no longer protect your tire from bursting through pressure developed on the road. All you need is one small bump, sharp turn or even a hard brake for the pressure to rise in the tire and the bulge to turn into a bang.

Of course, if you’re in the middle of nowhere and find yourself with a bulge in your tire, you would have to drive- slowly and carefully- to your nearest garage to see about getting the bubbles in your tires fixed, ASAP.

https://www.carbibles.com/tire-bulge/

Also, many of my known tyre shops (Mohan Chandra wheel alignment center - very popular one in Hyderabad from last 30 years, Wheel Tech, Narayanaguda, Aditya Wheels, Banjarahills, 360 Degrees, Gachibowli) all of them recommended me against driving with sidewall bulged tyres.

And in the above post, I mentioned about a car with only 250 kms on ODO with 5 tyres (including spare) having side wall bulges, that would definitely be a manufacturing defect. I don't think anyone would drive and hit kerbs, potholes on a brand new car in just 250 kms, most surprising is that the bulge being present on the spare tyre too, which was never used.
WhiteSierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 22:46   #31838
BHPian

A Hyundai Verna hit an Advertisement Flag Post at high speed last night in Secunderabad. 2 of the 4 occupants lost their lives & the other 2 in the back seat are battle in hospital.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident2.jpg
jagadeesh.b is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:57   #31839
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, how fast was that car, to end up in such condition. May the departed RIP, sad end to life.
Old 9th November 2020, 18:46   #31840
Senior - BHPian

When will we learn to adjust speed based on visibility

Fog Leads to Accident at Yamuna Expressway; 8 Vehicles Crash Into Each Other, 2 Dead

Quote:
At least two people died after eight vehicles crashed into each other due to fog at Yamuna Expressway in Uttar Pradesh. The major road accident happened near Hathras around 7 am today. While two people died on the spot, several others were injured in the mishap. Pictures from the spot showed heavily damaged and crushed vehicles which were removed from the road using cranes.

"Seven-eight vehicles collided around 7:15 am today. Two people died on the spot, while some injured are being treated at a hospital," Hathras Superintendent of Police Vinit Jaiswal told news agency ANI. Yamuna Expressway connects international tourist destinations of Delhi and Agra. On the 6-lane expressway, vehicles are usually plying at a high speed.
Old 9th November 2020, 19:50   #31841
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

this is an annual ritual in north india, isn't it ? After reading about horrific pileups in Nov/Dec, the same guy would fly at 140 at 6am after exhibiting his machismo with comments like "ab gaadi tera bhai bhagayegaa.. dekhte raho..". Some lessons are never meant to be learnt. Innocents will continue sacrificing their lives to someone else's need to cling onto being "macho".
venkyhere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 20:12   #31842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
When will we learn to adjust speed based on visibility
Fog Leads to Accident... ... ...
And when will people learn to stop writing headlines like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
this is an annual ritual in north india, isn't it .
We are often talking about driving tests, road discipline and law enforcement in other countries, but, frankly, this used to be a regular ritual in Britain too. It probably still happens.

Motorway/highway driving is an absolute lose/lose situation in fog. Drive fast, not expecting anything stopped ahead and welcome to the pile-up. Drive slow, and welcome to the guy hitting your rear end at high speed.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th November 2020 at 18:21. Reason: As requested.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 00:30   #31843
BHPian

Came across this on facebook. Though I'm not sure if this is the official Haryana Roadways page.

WARNING : It's a graphic video

The damage just looks crazy. Apparently 6 people along with the driver lost their lives.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2020 at 10:53. Reason: Added warning about video - thanks
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 14:16   #31844
BHPian

Happened day before yesterday in Meghma, on the way to Sandakphu, Darjeeling. No casualties per facebook reports.

https://fb.watch/1Hnr9MQCnU/
sbanerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 15:12   #31845
Senior - BHPian

A car turning into a narrow downhill road in Kerala almost falls off the edge of the hill.
The driver made quite a few errors in making this turn.
BenjiRoss is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks