Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2020, 09:41   #32131
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
3 people dead and 1 person critical due to an accident in Kuthiran. A truck "lost control" and hit 6 vehicles. While the accident was unfortunate, the death toll could easily have been much more (if more two-wheelers were involved).
Another Kuthiran accident!

I pray and hope that this is the last accident to happen here and that this incident will force the authorities to ensure the completion of that tunnel, which has been stopped for several years!

Rip to the deceased!
Old 31st December 2020, 09:47   #32132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
MG Gloster crashes into Honda Amaze.
So much for ADAS and other stuff unless this was not a Savvy version
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 10:13   #32133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You can see the ADAS camera and sensors on the windshield. It looks like a test drive vehicle and top spec going by alloy wheels.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 14:22   #32134
BHPian

Quote:
What are the odds that someone would've turned it off in this particular vehicle? I know I would. Unfortunately these systems can only add to the head ache when driving in Indian cities/ back roads. My response to ADAS for the moment is same as that of Shammi (Fahad Fazil) from the movie 'Kumbalangi Nights' : "USA okay... India NO!"
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 15:31   #32135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
An Audi car runs over a 1.5 year old kid.
Source : https://watchgujarat.com/india/gujar...-toddler-cctv/

The article is in Gujarati language, but video is there. I feel the Audi driver just could not spot the kid in front of his car and has purely driven over him accidentally. This incident is from Rajkot.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=lp1T...ature=emb_logo
This was just so sad to watch. RIP.
Old 31st December 2020, 20:17   #32136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For all we know, the ADAS (AEB) may have helped to reduce the impact of the accident.
Old 1st January 2021, 10:46   #32137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
For those who travel regularly on this stretch such an accident isn't something new, sadly ! Have seen so many ghastly accidents in that stretch and I'd blame the drivers not the road. The road is a pretty decently laid stretch and you can see people "flying" whenever they can while going downhill.

To the experts; this may need another topic, but I am wondering why this "brake failures are so common" among trucks in India ? The trucks especially the modern ones have a much reliable Air Brake system coupled with all the latest safety assist systems like ABS etc. Is it not "idiot proof" under emergency braking situations ?

If this needs a standard operating procedure along with "idiot proofing the safety system" it needs to be prioritized. The loss of life, property etc is too much to handle every time !

And it also looks like Bharath Benz is too complicated for Indian situations. Few major accidents in the recent times had Bharat Benz involved.

I have seen much bigger trucks (the Kenworth, PACCAR, Actros) climbing up and down steep inclines with heavy load in areas like the Hunter Valley, California Highways etc and hardly noticed such "brake fails". Of course accidents do happen everywhere but its not the same reason all the time.
Same. Brakes 'fail' in Indian cars/trucks extremely often. You hear stuff like 'truck went out of control'. Imo, this is a direct result of poor driving 'lessons', where the instructors often are terribly underqualified. I often listen instructors asking to use 'half-brake' in situations where engine braking is the norm. As a result newbie and more-often-than-not, 'veteran' drivers ride the brakes to the point of failure in critical situations like these, where you have overloaded vehicles and worn brakes. At that point, they are not even taught how to control/stop vehicles in case of brake failure. They panic and everything goes FUBAR after that.

The clutch plates also get worn prematurely due to improper driving(the vaunted desi 'half-clutch' method).

Licensing and driving lessons need major regulation and enforcement overhaul ASAP. This issue has been costing way too many lives.
stallmaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 13:25   #32138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
For all we know, the ADAS (AEB) may have helped to reduce the impact of the accident.
You are right. It might have.
I think such incidents really warrant an investigation to check the extent of effectiveness of this new tech which gets tom-tom'ed in the car ads. Especially for a vehicle costing 40 big ones. But alas - this is India
Old 1st January 2021, 22:29   #32139
BHPian

Hi all,

Had an incident today, was moving at very slow speed after dropping my wife and daughter and two drunk guys just came from nowhere and wanted to move towards right from extreme left side. Had my camera as proof.

Luckily the crowd was supportive, the traffic police asked me to get them nursed and leave. Took them to nearby hospital and left for home. Costed me 3k. Feeling sad.

Damage to car
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_6322.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_6323.jpg  

Last edited by smileline : 1st January 2021 at 22:41.
Old 1st January 2021, 23:49   #32140
BHPian

Ex India captain Mohammad Azharuddin met with an accident in Rajasthan. His car (looks like Hyundai Creta or Tucson) turned turtle twice. He escaped unhurt.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/80033010.cms
Old 2nd January 2021, 00:01   #32141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
Ex India captain Mohammad Azharuddin met with an accident in Rajasthan. His car (looks like Hyundai Creta or Tucson) turned turtle twice. He escaped unhurt.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/80033010.cms
It's the Santa Fe. Now no longer sold here.
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:59   #32142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Hi all,

Had an incident today, was moving at very slow speed after dropping my wife and daughter and two drunk guys just came from nowhere
But why were you asked to pay for them? You had the proof and they were drunk. You should have left them at hospital and asked them to pay by themselves. Humanity ends there but paying for those drunkards?
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:45   #32143
Senior - BHPian

An accident between truck and car near Gondal, Gujarat. Both vehicles caught fire and it's reported that three people died in the accident.

https://watchgujarat.com/india/gujar...d-highway-jam/

From the image it looks like the car rammed into fuel tank of truck.
Please note that the article is in Gujarati language.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 2nd January 2021 at 10:51.
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:41   #32144
BHPian

A clear case of brake failure, those 2 gentlemen were lucky enough to escape unhurt.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th January 2021 at 09:41. Reason: typo edited
vvivek85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:55   #32145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
A clear case of break failure, those 2 gentlemen were lucky enough to escape unhurt.
Why I don't understand is that if the guy had a steering failure too? I mean, if he could, he should have steered away from banging into someone's bike and almost pancaking two human beings.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks