Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2021, 14:35   #32146
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
A clear case of break failure, those 2 gentlemen were lucky enough to escape unhurt.

https://Youtu.be/k8Cz95y63bY

One question, in this scenario if the driver changes the gear to the highest, will that not be enough to stall the engine and stopping the truck. Looks like the driver did not even try to alert by honking, may be a case of sleeping driver.
SKC-auto is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:45   #32147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
But why were you asked to pay for them? You had the proof and they were drunk. You should have left them at hospital and asked them to pay by themselves. Humanity ends there but paying for those drunkards?
True at that. They were bleeding and the policeman requested me to do so, and as health care worker I obliged.
smileline is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 10:37   #32148
BHPian

Horrific accident captured on Karimnagar - Hyderabad highway in Telangana. The accident victim passed away. I think if the Innova isn't equipped with a bull bar, the person on the bike would have survived.

WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 10:47   #32149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A clear case of break failure, those 2 gentlemen were lucky enough to escape unhurt.

https://Youtu.be/k8Cz95y63bY
Looks like the truck driver was sleeping.

That aside, the reflexes of the two guys is not all that great. One of them (the guy to the left) is just trying to bend his body to start with. And even after they hear the bad noise of the bike going underneath, I don’t see them both trying to get away soonest. Or perhaps the video is in slow mode and hence it appears the reflexes are slow.

This just shows how the mobile screens can be such a huge distraction. Both those guys were glued to the screens.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 10:54   #32150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Horrific accident captured on Karimnagar - Hyderabad highway in Telangana. The accident victim passed away. I think if the Innova isn't equipped with a bull bar, the person on the bike would have survived.
RIP to him. But regardless of whether the Innova had a bull-bar or not, the biker was a fool to do that. He shouldn't have darted across the road. It's this lackadaisical attitude of people towards good sense that ruin their own lives and others'. Also, it's best for car drivers to not maintain such speeds at junctions and other diversions.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th January 2021 at 12:56. Reason: typo
TheHelix0202 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:13   #32151
BHPian

Another one from the weekend.

Bus with wedding guests from Karnataka meets with accident in Kasaragod, 7 die

Quote:
A private bus, which was heading from Karnataka to Kerala’s Kasaragod for a wedding function, met with an accident in the district. Kasaragod District Collector D Sajith Babu confirmed the death of seven persons, including two children.

According to reports, the accident took place around 11.30 am near Panathur in Kasaragod. The vehicle is said to have fell from an elevated road, plunging into a house located below. However, according to reports, the house was fortunately empty at the time of the accident. According to visuals from the accident spot, the bus has been massively mangled, as it reportedly plunged from a great height. Some passengers were said to have been trapped under the bus.
Old 4th January 2021, 11:31   #32152
BHPian

Quote:
What a waste of life !!
These kind of bikers are a perilous menace , to themselves, and the other highway vehicles.

Being a regular highway driver, any bike on my line of sight alarms me, especially in the mornings and I prepare for their instant maneuver onto the highway just to be safe.

The Innova driver seems to have not expected any interference and did not slow down at all , but I think the blame should not lie on him in entirety !
poised2drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:39   #32153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
The Innova driver seems to have not expected any interference and did not slow down at all , but I think the blame should not lie on him in entirety !
That is the problem!. We MUST expect interference any moment from any direction.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:40   #32154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post

The only issue with the Innova was that bull guard. I do not want to place any bets, but maybe the extent of injuries on the biker would have been lesser considering that the bike took the impact first. But nevertheless, absolute lack of judgement by the bike rider. What a waste of life indeed.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 12:00   #32155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Looks like the truck driver was sleeping.
I doubt if the driver was sleeping, as at 13th second, the driver tried to signal with the headlights. But i am not sure if he had honked.
Old 4th January 2021, 12:24   #32156
BHPian

If you look carefully just after the impact, you can see the inside thermocol layer of the helmet being left behind, either it happened due to the fact the belt of the helmet wasn't buckled up and the helmet got removed due to the impact, because the head of the rider is above the bonet level of the Innova, so i don't think there was a direct impact on the helmet. I am just assuming things, anything could have happened at that speed.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 12:34   #32157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The foolish biker paying price of not judging the speed of Innova (was it legal though) & paying price with his life. Innova driver tried best to save the accident with frantic last minute hard braking it seems.

Moreover, the biker's helmet wasn't of good quality & doesn't seems to have been strapped up.
CARDEEP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 14:52   #32158
BHPian

A video I caught during a drive last week. Glad it didn't result in an accident to other vehicles.
SuhairZain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 07:44   #32159
BHPian

Tamil Nadu’s CM convoy met with an accident yesterday near Thoothukudi. This happened after CM’s car passed the spot, he is claimed to be sound and safe.

Related news

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/banglade...sid-n242163778
vvivek85 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 08:05   #32160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tamil Nadu’s CM convoy met with an accident yesterday near Thoothukudi. This happened after CM’s car passed the spot, he is claimed to be sound and safe.
Oh these convoys!
As if he is the POTUS.

No one cares if he is driving around the neighborhood. Exaggerated self importance, as if he is rushing to do some good work. This guy is going to the next spot for seeking votes.

Look at that speed! Damn! Triple digits, roads cleared, and still these illiterate buffoons manage to rear end each other.

The endeavour was rear ended, and I guess it hit the Innova subsequently. See how none of their cadres even cared to stop and check out the occupants.

Plus bullbars in both the Storme and the crysta. Clearly law is only for the poor and meek

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 5th January 2021 at 08:09.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (37) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks