Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2021, 08:41   #32161
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Tamil Nadu’s CM convoy met with an accident yesterday near Thoothukudi. This happened after CM’s car passed the spot, he is claimed to be sound and safe.
Bunch of idiot drivers and a tin-pot politician with an exaggerated sense of self importance. All I can say is ahahahahaha!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:31   #32162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tamil Nadu’s CM convoy met with an accident yesterday near Thoothukudi. This happened after CM’s car passed the spot, he is claimed to be sound and safe.
Good Lord! That's a convoy? Looks more like a parade of vehicles coming out of the factory with chili rubbed where the sun doesn't shine!

Haven't they heard of this thing called a bus?

What a colossal waste of things. Traffic would have been blocked, cops on duty and still they manage to crash!
deathwalkr is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:09   #32163
Senior - BHPian

How do they manage to crash into each other when they have the whole road to themselves? With cross-traffic held up for you, you can reach your destination superfast even doing a sane 70-80 kph. But, no, they just had to drive at breakneck speed. Wonder if the bosses direct their drivers to gun or the drivers drive like maniac to please their bosses.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:48   #32164
BHPian

Quote:
The only thing that came into my mind was the movie shivaji the boss i have seen convoys here in jaipur as well, but the sheer number of vehicles and the speeds at which they were traveling is unmatched, maybe we need a real life Shivaji now.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 12:01   #32165
BHPian

It took 2 seconds of that video for anyone watching to mentally prepare for an accident from the way they were driving!.

TN Formula 1 drivers !.

I see a temple adjacent to the road. Justice done immediately.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 12:48   #32166
Senior - BHPian

Now I wonder, who pays for the repair. Is it our tax money that will be used to pay the insurance and excess in these cases?
Old 5th January 2021, 12:52   #32167
BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/wkGGgN8l8nM

Related news

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/banglade...sid-n242163778
What a sheer waste of public and natural resources. I could count 25-30 fuel guzzling cars in the convoy. There should be a legislation on the number of cars that a person can use in a convoy.

With so many cars and with every driver thinking he is a king of the road and driving so fast, accidents are bound to happen.

Thank god, no innocent life is lost.
cormodore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 12:59   #32168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
As per the news report quoting RTO officials, the driver had just joined this transporter agency couple of days back. The slope is so steep there that it needs to be taken in the lower gears and as per RTO inspection of the mangled bus, it was stuck in the top gear.

Carelessness along with lack of experience has caused this accident and resulted in the loss of innocent lives.
Thanos-VV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 14:42   #32169
Senior - BHPian

As long as we deify politicians at any level from corporator to the very highest level, these things will not change. A convoy is just part of the power projection. Same goes for celebrities.
fhdowntheline is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 16:29   #32170
Distinguished - BHPian

Reminded me of Mysore Road returning to BLR on a long weekend Sunday evening :-)

But seriously, there was no doubt an accident was going to happen given the way these big SUVs were traveling
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 18:00   #32171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would have been the happiest if the first car in the convoy braked and all the other cars in the convoy crashed into each other. Would have been like a videogame.

The only thing these brilliant people are good at is this. Put a double pair of loud horns outside the front grill and everyone should disappear when they honk and then there are these other brilliant people who impersonate them who probably have some distant uncle in politics who would have lost the elections multiple times, but still travel in a white SUV with the number plates that have some random association leader mentioned on it with tinted glass and all his family follows suit so that when you confront them, they blurt out some name and threaten you. TN is the worst of the lot in this regards.

Everytime I travel to Chennai, I have to encounter one of these hero's and with a KA registered car, it is their obligation to push me off the road regardless of the traffic on the road.

Last edited by tharian : 5th January 2021 at 18:24.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 18:04   #32172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Everytime I travel to Chennai, I have to encounter one of these hero's and with a KA registered car, it is their obligation to push me off the road regardless of the traffic on the road.
I seem to see such vehicles in karnataka and any other state in India. Or is TN unique in your experience?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 18:22   #32173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I seem to see such vehicles in karnataka and any other state in India. Or is TN unique in your experience?
I usually do trips to Kerala and TN (Chennai), few into southern AP. I haven't faced any such issues in KL nor AP. In fact, most of the times I have experienced this is between the Ranipet and Chennai stretch.

I used to frequent Velankanni which is through interior TN, haven't experienced any hostility on those stretches either, but once I did on the return from Coimbatore with a SUV with tints and loud Addon horns.

I guess it is also due to the traffic density. I've noticed these things happen when I get to overtake one of these guys when they don't expect it and then it is 'game on'. And also when in a jam and I don't let them through because I cannot disappear into thin air just because they blast their loud horn.

Mods: Please delete if deemed OT.

Last edited by tharian : 5th January 2021 at 18:30.
Old 5th January 2021, 19:34   #32174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos-VV View Post
The slope is so steep there that it needs to be taken in the lower gears and as per RTO inspection of the mangled bus, it was stuck in the top gear.
True that.

This is a stretch that I occasionally use to get into my native in Kerala. Madikeri - Kasargod via Bhagamandala (Thalacauvery). Very narrow roads with numerous twists and turns (but scenic though). Even in a car you have to watch out the speed. And we do it only day time as it is an isolated stretch through forest. Hundred percent sure that this is a driver error.

A bus with 60+ passengers, new driver with not familiar with the route and over speed, surely, will go down the cliff, and that happened.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 20:24   #32175
BHPian

Another Bus accident in tamilnadu.

Looks like the background voice is implying that the accident is caused by the lorry crossing the road?
sram is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks