Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2021, 22:21   #33226
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Would like to seek the comments of the members on this situation, a traumatic experience for the car driver IMO. Such a reckless parenting also needs to be strictly dealt by the law is what I believe.

Last edited by VKumar : 1st August 2021 at 22:22.
VKumar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:19   #33227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Would like to seek the comments of the members on this situation
Every driver's nightmare. The best preventative measure is good observation.

As to parenting, the child looks too young to be out there on the road alone. I was a lot older when I was beaten for running across a pedestrian crossing without stopping and looking first --- and this was 1950's Britain: a gentler and slower time.

PS: I do wish you'd mentioned the contents. I've been skipping many of the videos in this thread for the past several months. Might be covid isolation/lockdown, but I've become over-sensitive.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 1st August 2021 at 23:21.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:46   #33228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would like to seek the comments of the members on this situation, a traumatic experience for the car driver IMO. Such a reckless parenting also needs to be strictly dealt by the law is what I believe.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=FbBdRygxTCQ
This is the kind of situation that makes people sweat even in an air conditioned environment. The kid is on a parked bike initially and a figure which seems to be his father (T-Shirt with helmet) is seen crossing the road. The kid follows and this happens. The sad situation in many cases is that a mob forms (jobless youngsters) and start trashing the driver. What is the point in proving later who is right/wrong after getting life changing injuries.
TrackDay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:56   #33229
One
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=FbBdRygxTCQ
This incident reminded me of something I had long forgotten- happened with me driving when I was learning to drive a car (training school car). The kid was fortunately not this young which saved me from getting lynched and him from getting hurt. He was probably in his teens and he suddenly just ran across the road. He narrowly missed an auto and landed right in front of me. The fact that I was learning to drive saved both of us as my speed was low. Infact i was amazed to see that at my speed (must have been in first at 10-15 kmph), a person running could still get thrown quite a few yards.

Today I was driving carefully in Gurgaon roads in rains and a cycle guy a car ahead of me almost fell in front of that car due to the water levels. It would not have been the fault of the car driver who was driving cautiously. On the other hand, I saw people drive in rains today as if it was a regular day, coming from Bombay, I was surprised to see them drive like this.

Last edited by One : 2nd August 2021 at 00:03.
One is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:13   #33230
BHPian

Quote:
I am feeling sorry for the driver. I think it is in city limits, so the driver could be driven at a less speed is what I could take it as the retrospection for me.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 10:53   #33231
BHPian

Another Creta accident but honors shared by a squid on scooty!!!

Multiple shades of Indian driving on display! To start with
1. The New Age locomotive on 4 wheels aka Creta. Either the Creta was meant to be a locomotive that will not even slow down/stop for an Ambulance(Refer the Ambulance vs Creta encounter on this same thread) or the drivers of Creta seem to have locomotive background nowadays

2. The Quintessential squid/pullingo on Scooty. No helmet or safety gear. Reckless speeds and turning/merging onto lanes/highways without a care in the world. Ready to embrace death with a smirk. Both the bike and the rider are ready to give up their souls just to prove Darwin right again and again and again!

3. The Good Old Bulleteer. The whole world might have shifted from beneath your feet in split seconds. But all you care is about the scratches or puff of dust on the unflustered Bullet.

Last edited by venbas : 3rd August 2021 at 11:07. Reason: Typos
venbas is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 11:20   #33232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
https://Youtu.be/OVNItFUfPHU

Multiple shades of Indian driving on display! To start with
1. The New Age locomotive on 4 wheels aka Creta. Either the Creta was meant to be a locomotive that will not even slow down/stop for an Ambulance(Refer the Ambulance vs Creta encounter on this same thread) or the drivers of Creta seem to have locomotive background nowadays

2. The Quintessential squid/pullingo on Scooty. No helmet or safety gear. Reckless speeds and turning/merging onto lanes/highways without a care in the world. Ready to embrace death with a smirk. Both the bike and the rider are ready to give up their souls just to prove Darwin right again and again and again!

3. The Good Old Bulleteer. The whole world might have shifted from beneath your feet in split seconds. But all you care is about the scratches or puff of dust on the unflustered Bullet.
The biker just behind the autorickshaw missed it SO closely!
N.A.GTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 11:20   #33233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When did this riding along the wrong side and then merging onto the main road start? Don't they realize they are riding on the wrong side and creating havoc unnecessarily?
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 11:54   #33234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
The biker just behind the autorickshaw missed it SO closely!
Agree that gives way for 3 more types of characters on our Roads
4. Guarded by the Angels dude - In the wrong place at (nearly) the wrong time. But gets saved thanks to a Guardian angel working overtime behind his/her back.

5. The daredevil guy(Auto/Tuktuk) - Will make a move if there is a space/gap howsoever small. Though to be honest in this case the Auto wallah did not stand a chance against the Squid on Scooty.

5. The Safe guy or the Thad guy in TEAM BHP lingo - The Blue Ertiga/Baleno that was driven pretty defensively to stop in the nick of time instead of adding fuel to the carnage on the road. Hope that guy was not lynched by the mob for the accident caused by someone else!

Last edited by venbas : 3rd August 2021 at 12:03. Reason: Typos
venbas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:03   #33235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
When did this riding along the wrong side and then merging onto the main road start...
The car driver would have missed the scooter merging into the road from the right due to the blindspot created by the A-pillar of his car.

These instances of small vehicles cutting across from the right are reckless but pretty common. All 4 wheel drivers need to be extra cautious with an extra pair of eyes around the blindspot.
for_cars1 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:19   #33236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In this case, car seems to be Hyundai Venue.

Would blame the guy on the scooter for the accident for sure. Wide open throttle from the wrong side of the road !

Last edited by giri1.8 : 3rd August 2021 at 12:29.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 16:00   #33237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The car driver would have missed the scooter merging into the road from the right due to the blindspot created by the A-pillar of his car.
The car was far behind while the scooty guy was trying to merge, there's no way car driver was not aware of this guy.

The guy who's merging in, should be aware of what's coming behind him. Because the scooty was exactly in the middle of the road, and car just brushed against him, nothing worse happened. Imagine a car T-boning a scooty, things could have been a lot worse.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 17:02   #33238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
5. The Safe guy or the Thad guy
What? Who is this Thad guy?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 17:25   #33239
BHPian

Accident in Bachupally, Hyderabad

Hyderabad police released this video recently. May be felt graphic, please use discretion.
skumare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 17:52   #33240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Warning : Video is Graphic

This is a case of a drunken helmetless motorcycle rider who crashed into a tree.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=meN6K-T3ppg
Anyone else find it unlikely that this splendor looking bike was travelling at 110-120kph as the Police are reporting? I really hope our cops become more educated as to the causes of accidents rather than blaming speed for everything.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed