Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 00:07   #33301

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Well - I would blame the traffic policeman for ignoring the multiple violators.
The problem remains - Our law enforcement is apathetic to road and traffic rules.
Our accidents are as much a failure of enforcement as they are of public attitudes, awareness, arrogance, and apathy.
AttyBhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 18:52   #33302
Senior - BHPian

This is a strange one: Motorcyclist killed after being hit by flying peacock

May his soul rest in peace.
Old 16th August 2021, 19:44   #33303
BHPian

Quote:
Delhi: Man on bike dies after Chinese manjha slits his throat
https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...hroat-7456202/

Always dread this and quite a few of these incidents happen.
Old 17th August 2021, 15:00   #33304
Senior - BHPian

A semi-trailer fell off the carriageway several feet down onto the service road on the Western Express Highway at Jogeshwari East in Mumbai.

SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 20:39   #33305
BHPian

Yet another Brand new Automatic car accident, 1 Dead.

As per the news, this accident happened at pollachi where a daughter gifted her father ( a farmer) with a brand new suzuki XL 6 with automatic. The farmer, who had no experience of driving an automatic car, drove it for the first time along with his grand child. He shifted to R mode thinking it to be a gear shift and stamped the accelerator pedal which made the car to fall into a 65 foot dry well. The driver passed away and the kid survived with injuies.

jeganatu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 03:22   #33306
Senior - BHPian

Found below accident video in instagram. An accident due to a stupid mistake of the auto driver. Hopefully no major injuries to the people.

Source link : https://www.instagram.com/p/CSooaFil...dium=copy_link
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 09:47   #33307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Found below accident video in instagram. An accident due to a stupid mistake of the auto driver. Hopefully no major injuries to the people.
This is a really old video that has already been posted and discussed on this thread.
Old 19th August 2021, 10:14   #33308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
This is a really old video that has already been posted and discussed on this thread.
Ah ok. Was not aware.
Old 20th August 2021, 17:51   #33309
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Found this post accident video involving an XL6 on my YouTube recommendations. From what I could gather, going by the comments made by the video poster, the car rolled over multiple times after climbing the divider at speeds ranging from 90-110kmph (claimed by the driver) supposedly due to the driver dozing off (someone claims the cause to be a tyre burst at the start of the video). The car had 6 occupants (including 2 kids) all of who sustained minor injuries. Although I don't have the relevant expertise to comment on this aspect, going by the visuals, the structure seems to have held up fairly well.

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 20th August 2021 at 17:58.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 18:55   #33310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=qXZePjwFcJo
From what I could gather, going by the comments made by the video poster, the car rolled over multiple times after climbing the divider at speeds ranging from 90-110kmph (claimed by the driver)
The driver always claims a lower speed after a crash. It wont be so easy here as the ECU records the speed the last 20 seconds.

I saw a car once that had been standing still and just after I passed him, heard a crash. He had accelerated on to a bus to driving on to the main road. This bus had waited for me to pass before he drove on to the main road..

This was an obvious case of insurance fraud and he lost his drivers licence for causing the accident. His speed was recorded at 66 km/hour. His claim was 40.

Last edited by Indian2003 : 20th August 2021 at 18:56.
Indian2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 20:51   #33311
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
The driver always claims a lower speed after a crash. It wont be so easy here as the ECU records the speed the last 20 seconds.

I saw a car once that had been standing still and just after I passed him, heard a crash. He had accelerated on to a bus to driving on to the main road. This bus had waited for me to pass before he drove on to the main road..

This was an obvious case of insurance fraud and he lost his drivers licence for causing the accident. His speed was recorded at 66 km/hour. His claim was 40.
Yeah well, that does not happen in India because drivers are rarely prosecuted severely for stuff like that if there is no loss of life. If anything, drivers (especially if they have survived the accident without any major injury) tend to inflate their speeds for the sake of bragging rights. In this accident for instance, I find the claimed speed of 90-110kmph to be too high from the condition of the car after the crash. A speed of 60-70kmph would be more apt IMHO.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 21:05   #33312
BHPian

I happened to travel from Trivandrum to Kochi via Aleppey today. Saw three accidents on the way one right in front of me and two recent ones.

1. Near to Attingal. There is a road which slopes down an incline which meets the National highway on a slight curve. A middle aged couple was coming down the slope at decent speed on an activa and taking the turn to cross the highway, without even checking the traffic. One middle aged guy on another activa was moving along the highway in front of the car ahead of me. In both cases only the males had their helmet on. Next I see is that the guy going on highway crashing into the couple taking the turn on the highway. All fall down, with the activa coming down the slope sliding a good 10-15 mtrs on the highway dragging both rider and pillion. The other one also falls down but with much less severity. Thankfully it's early morning and there was very less traffic on the highway. I stopped the car safely on the side to check on them. Within a minute a small gathering of people from the nearby homes had gathered and they were giving the injured chair to sit and water. I saw that both the helmets were lying in the road, maybe it was not strapped on and the lady had bruises on her face wouldn't have happened if she had been wearing a helmet. Since there were enough people to help already I left after finding out that they were only slightly injured. Maybe they were more shocked than injured. Lucky them this time and this might prompt them to be careful in future.

2. Second one was near cherthala. A vehicle transport container had fallen down the embankment of the highway. Seemed to have happened just hours ago.

3. Third one was only just a little ahead and seems to have happened just minutes before with a loaded truck jumping the divider and damaging it's front wheels, like, there weren't there anymore.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 13:27   #33313
Distinguished - BHPian

Poor woman, braking gone wrong

PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 13:51   #33314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Poor woman, braking gone wrong
Significant part of the blame should go to the cops who have barricaded the left lane and almost caused a 3 car pile up!

The lady seems to be untrained about how to handle panic braking in a two wheeler. Panic braking is one of the key skills that I made my wife practice while she was learning to ride a scooter. It sounds silly to us men but if you consider the strength of (or lack of) women, it is very difficult for them to balance a two wheeler at slow speeds and it becomes even more difficult when there is sudden change in dynamics of the bike during panic braking. My wife used to hate those training sessions when I used to make her slam the brakes starting from ~10kph and gradually increasing the starting speed and repeat. She almost fell a few times and within couple of days she got the knack of stopping from 40kph in split seconds in a straight line without falling. Trust me, it was very difficult for her initially and if not for this practice, she would have most likely fallen in a real life panic scenario.
nagr22 is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 14:15   #33315
BHPian

Whenever i see people (women mostly) riding a two wheeler with their feet straight down on the sides, i dread how easily they can break their legs and get injured with even minor accidents.
AnandB is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks