Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 18:02   #33331
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
As per the news, this accident happened at pollachi where a daughter gifted her father ( a farmer) with a brand new suzuki XL 6 with automatic. The farmer, who had no experience of driving an automatic car...
If one's gifting something that a recipient doesn't know how to operate safely, and can endanger life & limb when operated incorrectly (as unfortunately happened here), they really ought to gift some sort of training too.

Imagine gifting something out of gratitude that inadvertently costs the recipient their life. Terribly sad.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:20   #33332
BHPian

A Ford Figo was involved in a accident today on 100ft Road, Indiranagar. A bus and another car was also involved in the accident. The Figo was rear-ended by the bus maybe. The way the Figo is crushed looks scary and I hope the occupants have survived.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20210826wa0008.jpg

Ford has drastically cut down on build quality of Figo and its variants (read as Aspire and Freestyle)
Funny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:32   #33333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
A Ford Figo was involved in a accident today on 100ft Road, Indiranagar. A bus and another car was also involved in the accident. The Figo was rear-ended by the bus maybe. The way the Figo is crushed looks scary and I hope the occupants have survived.

Attachment 2198366

Ford has drastically cut down on build quality of Figo and its variants (read as Aspire and Freestyle)
From the image, it looks like a Freestyle. I am surprised how such a severe accident could occur in the heart of a crowded place like Indiranagar.

Too much over speeding?
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 19:56   #33334
BHPian

Quote:
Not just rear-ended but looks like the Figo got sandwiched between two heavy vehicles. The damage on the front indicates that it has go below a truck without rear crash barriers.

Quite scary, never imagined such an accident can happen on a busy road like that. The location is just at the end of the down ramp of the Domlur flyover.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 22:55   #33335
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:

My guess :
From the looks of it, I think a truck and a bus would have been descending the main 100ft road down ramp, and this freestyle must have tried to enter from the left service road (another ramp descent). He must have wanted to switch to the rightmost lane on the 100ft road as quickly as possible and tried a squeeze-slingshot in between the truck and bus. Something must have caused the truck to brake suddenly, taking both the freestyle and the bus by surprise - mega sandwich, with the bus carrying enough gravitational pull from the downward slope (even if regular city speed) so as to render his braking even slower, and pulp the car into the truck from behind.
venkyhere is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 01:03   #33336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
...how such a severe accident could occur in the heart of a crowded place like Indiranagar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Quite scary, never imagined such an accident can happen on a busy road like that. The location is just at the end of the down ramp of the Domlur flyover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
My guess :
From the looks of it, I think a truck and a bus would have been descending the main 100ft road down ramp, and this freestyle must have tried to enter from the left service road (another ramp descent).
Very likely that was the case. Though it is usually a busy road, the traffic on fly over used to be only sparse and the momentum from the ramp descent by a heavy vehicle is enough to cause such a damage to the car.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-domlur.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 13:16   #33337
BHPian

Bridge collapse near Dehradun. Looks like there were no fatalities.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1431158284908564480

The Dehradun Rishikesh road is closed as a result. Doesn't look like it will reopen anytime soon as the bridge is certainly irreparable.
YD14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 13:57   #33338
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
Bridge collapse near Dehradun. Looks like there were no fatalities.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1431158284908564480

The Dehradun Rishikesh road is closed as a result. Doesn't look like it will reopen anytime soon as the bridge is certainly irreparable.

It looks like a local passenger bus is upside down with wheels up in the air. I am surprised there were no casualties with the roof crushing the peoples heads when it turned turtle. I would expect at least a few with head injuries...
Old 27th August 2021, 17:43   #33339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
It looks like a local passenger bus is upside down with wheels up in the air. I am surprised there were no casualties with the roof crushing the peoples heads when it turned turtle. I would expect at least a few with head injuries...
No local passenger bus. Just two small trucks (Tata Ace) and a van carrying goods were involved. Only one of those small trucks was overturned.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20210827_173957.jpg

Source
YD14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 02:30   #33340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Most of the folks do not follow the simple rule - Don't overtake when you can't see what's ahead of the vehicle in front of you
Both the driver and the and rider is at fault here but more the riders fault. One should never overtake in front of a side street. You never know if someone is driving there. The driver too should have looked in his rear view mirror before turning right.
Old 28th August 2021, 17:23   #33341
BHPian

From Facebook, He is safe as per the comment.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-figo.jpg

Quote:

Attachment 2198366

arungeorge is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 17:45   #33342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A Ford Figo was involved in a accident today on 100ft Road, Indiranagar....
Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
From Facebook, He is safe as per the comment...
That's a ghastly accident and I'm so glad there weren't any casualties. Although rare this proves that safer cars are relevant even in our unpredictable cities.

Even though the new gen Figo family isn't as well built as the older gen., its GNCAP score is at the upper end for 3 stars (10.5/17 and 4 star starts from 11/17), plus those crucial 6 airbags that probably saved him.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 28th August 2021 at 17:58.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 17:48   #33343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
Both the driver and the and rider is at fault here ... ... ... The driver too should have looked in his rear view mirror before turning right.
Checking the mirror would have been good defensive driving. It could save damage to the car, and the potential of endless grief with an injured biker. But fault? No, Absolutely not. The driver is indicating and his road position is correct. The biker, as per my previous post about signals, is ignoring all that and doing his own thing. Biker's fault 100%.

Leaving fault aside. the practical reality on the roads today is that it is the responsibility of all drivers (including other bikers) is to keep bikers alive and uninjured. Expect them to be where they should not be, and to do what they should not do. Actually, never mind just 2-wheelers, better expect the same of people on 4 wheels. And 2 feet.

Super-defensive driving is the order of the day. It is the only way to not have many, many badly spoilt days.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 11:00   #33344
BHPian

Never a good feeling when you have to pen down your own accident experience on this thread. Was rear-ended today morning en-route Lonavala as I was out for a peaceful Sunday morning ride.

This happened on the newly constructed Govandi - Mankhurd flyover, everyone had slowed down as there was an oil spill up ahead, and a police van had just arrived trying to slow everyone, as a few motorcycles had skid up ahead.

Person in the i20 was not paying attention to notice people slowing down and smashed into a scooter, collecting me as well, and both of us slid about 25m down the road. My bike however had slid a lot more, and lodged itself under the police van. Thankfully, the riding gear and helmet was what saved me from severe injuries, with only a few scratches on the knee and hip. Scooter rider though wasn't as lucky, and was quickly taken to the hospital in the same police van.

The flyover was closed thereafter, and I managed to get back home, with a few bits and pieces broken on the bike. Attaching a few pictures I managed to click before heading back.

Cheers,
TheDarkKnight

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0542.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0550.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0540.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0549.jpg
TheDarkKnight is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 14:48   #33345
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2198366

According to this news, all people are safe.
Quote:
Luckily, however, it has been reported that the person inside the vehicle is safe and only sustained ‘minor injuries’ in this accident. While the Ford Freestyle was totally destroyed in the crash, it kept its driver safe and secured.
https://www.carblogindia.com/ford-fr...-buses-safety/
lsjey is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks