Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 11:19   #33376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The amount of [i]'vehicle lost control' [/I]headlines I see for incidents in India makes me think we've secretly not only mastered self-driving cars, but also given them egos since they don't seem to care for traffic rules either.
Is it due to increased drunken driving cases? Due to Covid, police isn't able to test for drunken driving.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:22   #33377
BANNED

Thank you sir for detailed explanation Any electronics/technologies cannot help in all instances, it's every individual responsibility to drive sensibly.
Old 31st August 2021, 11:38   #33378
Team-BHP Support

Seems like the car was really flying! 150 KPH plus? Don't think anything will save in such a crash, the internal organs will get shattered at this kind of impact esp without safety belts.

https://twitter.com/rakeshprakash1/s...577042433?s=08
Jaggu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:43   #33379
BHPian

What I have learnt after driving in Delhi/NCR for last two decades is to leave enough gap for the car to come to a stop but not enough for another car to squeeze in.

Another thing which I generally follow is to keep a keen eye on 3-4 vehicles ahead of me. If I see them slowing down/braking, I lightly tap on my brakes to reduce speed and also to warn vehicles behind me to slow down in anticipation of coming to a dead stop. Works well with my varying speed commute over DND.

This however doesn't work with commuting over two wheels, no amount of maintaining pace and gap is respected by fellow car drivers who push us around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
The Innova driver, who was the reason for this entire chain of events, fled as soon as he got his car disentangled from the scooty probably fearing a police case. The rest of us were left with 50+ thousands worth damages in our cars. Hence folks, IMHO, please leave adequate gap in front of you in all scenarios.
setuniket is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:43   #33380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Seems like the car was really flying! 150 KPH plus? Don't think anything will save in such a crash, the internal organs will get shattered at this kind of impact esp without safety belts.

That was some serious speeds . Forget Audi Q3 even an Iron man suit might not be able to withstand the levels of force created by that fully loaded pocket rocket. Any sane/sober person would be thinking a 1000 times before doing HALF those speeds in the narrow speed breaker and pothole ridden roads of our Urban jungles. Thank God these entitled VIPs did not take out some innocent bystander(s). My only concern now is for the building that might have got irreparable damage due to this hit...comparable to that of an asteroid falling from the skies

Last edited by venbas : 31st August 2021 at 11:50. Reason: Typos
venbas is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:44   #33381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Is it due to increased drunken driving cases? Due to Covid, police isn't able to test for drunken driving.
Best not to speculate on that aspect, but 7 people in a 5 seater so definitely not enough seatbelts (even generously assuming the 5 available were used), being driven like that in an urban area, I definitely question the sanity of someone doing that, sober or otherwise.

Makes me wonder if any of the passengers objected to being potentially (and as it unfortunately turned out, fatally) endangered like that.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:48   #33382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Is it due to increased drunken driving cases?
Of course. Koramangala has more pubs than entire Mysore city. 7 people in a 5 seater at 1:30AM in the morning. If I'm the passenger in that car, I better be high enough to black out.

There's no way I'm driving a car like that. If in case I absolutely have to, I would either put everyone in backseats and drive slower than snail, or if possible, call a cab, tuck them in, and pay the driver an extra 100 to get them home safely.

People drive like maniacs even without being drunk. So, to be honest I feel accidents / stupidity ratio is very less.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:56   #33383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What is that black thing coming out of rear window after the impact? Is it a dog/wheel/steering wheel?

edit: looks like front wheel.

Last edited by Latheesh : 31st August 2021 at 11:58.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:58   #33384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What is that black thing coming out of rear window after the impact? Is it a dog/wheel/steering wheel?
It looks like one of the tyres that got broken off from the car.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 12:46   #33385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
An horiffic accident in Bangalore last night: Joint Commissioner of Traffic, Dr BR Ravichantegowda, has made a statement to TV9 in connection with the horrific accident at Koramangala late night. The incident took place around 1.45 pm to 2 pm. All 7 people in the car were killed in the crash. 6 people died on the spot and one died on admission to hospital. The cause of the accident was too fast. Accidents occurred due to negligent, fast driving. Car collided with footpath cotton 2 bollards. They later reported that the wall of the adjacent building had been hit
By the way the car is a Q3, which means it's a five seater. And seven occupants in it and no one seemed to have worn the seat belt as the post crash video shows no airbag deployment. In all likelihood, it must be a case of drunken driving. The footage doesn't show tail light flashing before crash which means the driver was still throttling it.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 31st August 2021 at 12:48.
Old 31st August 2021, 12:49   #33386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
By the way the car is a Q3, which means it's a five seater. And seven occupants in it and no one seemed to have worn the seat belt as the post crash video shows no airbag deployment. In all likelihood, it must be a case of drunken driving. The footage doesn't show tail light flashing which means the driver was still throttling it.
DMK politician's family were in the car. RIP.

Quote:
Prima facie, it looks like that the car was being driven fast and in a negligent manner. We are yet to know whether they were drunk
Old 31st August 2021, 12:49   #33387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
That was some serious speeds . Forget Audi Q3 even an Iron man suit might not be able to withstand the levels of force created by that fully loaded pocket rocket. Any sane/sober person would be thinking a 1000 times before doing HALF those speeds in the narrow speed breaker and pothole ridden roads of our Urban jungles. Thank God these entitled VIPs did not take out some innocent bystander(s). My only concern now is for the building that might have got irreparable damage due to this hit...comparable to that of an asteroid falling from the skies
It was good to see that no innocent pedestrian lost their life because of the maniacs behind the wheels.
sunbaj is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 13:23   #33388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
It was good to see that no innocent pedestrian lost their life because of the maniacs behind the wheels.
One of the main reasons why I am hesitant to go out after mid-night till around 5 am or so. Not sure what kind of pleasure they derive by driving like this. Audi is known for safety but nothing can save if people drive like lunatic. If one of the six passengers reminded the driver, the outcome could have been different, I guess.

There is a number plate photo in this news, but I can't find the number in mParivahan, wondering if VIP numbers are hidden?

Quote:
The police told TNM that the group was driving around the city. An official said that there were three people sitting in front and four in the backseat.Police said none of the passengers were wearing a seat belt and the airbags did not deploy on impact in the car, which bears a VIP number plate. Six died on the spot and another died in hospital. A post mortem is being carried out at St John's Hospital in Bengaluru. The Adugodi police have registered an FIR.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 13:31   #33389
BHPian

Quote:

The speed in which the car is going and dashing is horrible. Def 120kms/hour.
No wonder the tyre came out tumbling just like that. The tweet says 7 ppl died in the crash. So it hit ppl on the road too, is it?
Old 31st August 2021, 13:43   #33390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anees_Offl View Post
The tweet says 7 ppl died in the crash. So it hit ppl on the road too, is it?
No pedestrian was hit, there were 7 people inside the Audi Q3, a car meant for 5 and all without seatbelts.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks