Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2021, 15:00   #33571
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Got as whatsapp forward

Lucky break for the rider. Tractor tyre ran over his head but helmet did its duty. Can't imagine his pillion's condition since she would have seen it unfold from close up. The man was able to stand on his feet. Hope he is fine and there were no after effects.

That huge Pothole hidden under the water is to blame. Primary blame goes to civic authorities though.
dsuman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 15:31   #33572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post

Got as whatsapp forward

Lucky break for the rider. Tractor tyre ran over his head but helmet did its duty.
He was lucky because that tractor trolley was not loaded which also helped in pushing the pillion and the kid away from the wheel. Would have been a different story if it was loaded with sand or stones.

Yes, without the helmet, even an empty trolley would have been fatal. His helmet was not strapped ether.

Last edited by tharian : 19th September 2021 at 15:33.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 16:21   #33573
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviK View Post
'Break free' gets a new definition !!
Amazed at the driver who got up and ran after his break away Truck!

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd September 2021 at 17:19. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
CarNerd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 16:41   #33574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post
Very lucky indeed!! Hope that guy is ok. If this sort of luck holds in this guy's life, he has nothing to worry! Can't blame the tractor guy for this.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 16:42   #33575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Amazed at the driver who got up and ran after his break away Truck!
Do these trucks have seat belts ?

If he was wearing a seat belt he would have remained on the seat to control the breakaway chassis.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 18:27   #33576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviK View Post
'Break free' gets a new definition !!
"I want to break free" by the Queen started playing in my mind after seeing this I hope the driver was ok.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd September 2021 at 17:18. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 18:39   #33577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
"I want to break free" by the Queen started playing in my mind after seeing this I hope the driver was ok.
You can see the driver trying to catch up with the engine at the end of the clip. He is slightly limping though.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 20:53   #33578
BHPian

The below accident was caught by my dashcam today. Miraculously the rider was ok and started abusing and got into a fight with the other biker involved.

My dashcam didnt capture the events leading to the fall since it was in its blindspot. All I could recollect from my peripheral vision is that the biker who fell down was much faster than the rest of the traffic and didnt notice the bullet rider who was also changing lanes in front of the eeco. They both collided when this moron tried to go in the gap between the bullet and the omni/eeco. He should thank his stars that the eeco was able to stop on time and I am thankful that no one was behind me as I had to slam the brakes to stop from ~50kph in an instant. The eeco driver was shaken and can been seen almost climbing the median, probably he was still coming to terms. A crowd had already formed and since the guy seemed ok and was in arguing mood, didnt bother to stop and I continued.

Last edited by nagr22 : 19th September 2021 at 21:01.
nagr22 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 14:43   #33579
Senior - BHPian

Had a minor accident while riding my scooter (Honda Activa) this morning. I have started from point A and while taking the turn front wheel skidded and I fell down with the scooter at point B. While riding I wear full face helmet all the time and helmet did touch the tiles saving my head. Scooter did not fall on me and I have minor pain on my left hand and knee.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20210920_105727.jpg

What I want to emphasize here is that wearing helmet irrespective of distance is important. I have gone hardly 10 feet with speed less than 10 kmph and used the same turning hundreds of times. Things can go wrong and there is a pillar right next to the place where I fell down.
airbus is offline   (89) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 15:19   #33580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Had a minor accident while riding my scooter (Honda Activa) this morning.
What I want to emphasize here is that wearing helmet irrespective of distance is important. I have gone hardly 10 feet with speed less than 10 kmph and used the same turning hundreds of times. Things can go wrong and there is a pillar right next to the place where I fell down.
Good to know that you were wearing your full-face helmet even for local errands. Lot of people really underestimate the utility of a good helmet. Particularly, in Bangalore, I see lot of them wearing plasticky, cap-like helmet just for escaping police. Even that is usually dangling with the strap not secured.

Off-topic: Stop the press! Airbus crashes in Bangalore. No casualties. One injured
srvm is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 10:57   #33581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post

Off-topic: Stop the press! Airbus crashes in Bangalore. No casualties. One injured
Imagine if a media outlet reads this and puts it on live TV with random stock videos of Bangalore and an Airbus A320. Quite a lot of them do not do fact-checking.
Bhargav7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 12:04   #33582
Senior - BHPian

Looks like shortcut proved costly for this truck driver. Instant karma!

Bengaluru: Truck collides with Mysuru-Mayiladuthurai Express

Quote:
“A truck (KA 02 9110) had trespassed on track Carmelaram-Heelalige at around 8.30pm on Monday. The loco pilot of incoming train no. 06232 Mysuru-Mayiladuthurai Express applied emergency brakes. However, the locomotive hit the truck”, said Aneesh Hegde, South Western Railway chief public relations officer.

He said that no injuries or casualties have been reported.

“It is reported that the lorry driver has fled abandoning the truck on the spot. Government Railway Police has been informed and FIR filing is under way”, he said.

He added that the divisional railway manager and senior officers of Bengaluru division reached the spot at 10.40pm with accident relief medical equipment and a doctor.

Hegde said the affected section between Heelalige-Carmelaram has been cleared.
airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 20:18   #33583
BHPian

DUMB DRiver

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dumb.jpg

Original Source: Facebook
Sarvodaya is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 22:14   #33584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
DUMB DRiver
Probably beyond that. Even someone dumb wouldn't approach a curve like that. But we do not know what caused him to be in that state in first place!

How easily a vehicle topples, something we seldom realize while sitting inside it.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 21st September 2021 at 22:16.
balenoed_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 23:43   #33585
Senior - BHPian

^^ The laws of physics toppled that car. The driver was either too dumb, DUI or some youngter taking a joy ride in someone else's car.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed