Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 16:15   #36916
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Why is it that any fatal accident by Vehicle is mentioned as involvement of a Car, Bus, Truck etc. but if the Car happens to be a BMW, it is specifically mentioned as a BMW ?

I feel it is the envy of the Public against the rich owners of BMW that their accident gets notified by BMW as if BMW is notorious, whereas there are many times more accidents caused by other makes.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th November 2022 at 09:47. Reason: spacing
Amrik Singh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 21:58   #36917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
One nasty looking accident! Like a homing missile that was locked on to a poor unsuspecting rider :(
Racing with lack of proper riding skill. Straight line wannabes who couldn't handle a slight curve. I hope the innocent rider who was at the wrong place at the wrong time got away without life threatening injuries.
Old 28th November 2022, 23:03   #36918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Racing with lack of proper riding skill. Straight line wannabes who couldn't handle a slight curve. I hope the innocent rider who was at the wrong place at the wrong time got away without life threatening injuries.
Even I hope the innocent rider made it out without debilitating injuries.

On the topic of skill - public roads are really not the place to show off the skills. Even if one is a licensed racer. It's purely lack of respect for fellow drivers/riders, lack of respect for rules, lack of respect for conditions - basically lack of civic education which results in these incidents.
theabstractmind is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:52   #36919
BHPian

Quote:

One nasty looking accident! Like a homing missile that was locked on to a poor unsuspecting rider :(
Quote:
I hope the innocent rider who was at the wrong place at the wrong time got away without life threatening injuries.
Is just me or do you guys also see innocent rider's helmet coming off right after the impact? If that's the case, maybe the poor fellow did not strap the helmet properly. Very unfortunate.
MyLife_MyCar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 11:06   #36920
BHPian

Quote:
Truly nasty! Wrong place at the wrong time, is all I can say about it.

Quote:
I hope the innocent rider who was at the wrong place at the wrong time got away without life threatening injuries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
Even I hope the innocent rider made it out without debilitating injuries.
Sincerely hope so. Towards the end of the video, he seems to be landing facing forwards. Hope he landed on his body / hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Is just me or do you guys also see innocent rider's helmet coming off right after the impact? If that's the case, maybe the poor fellow did not strap the helmet properly. Very unfortunate.

Yes I think you are right. His helmet seems to have come off.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20221130_10h49_44.jpg

Also, the nth pillion rider doesn't seem to have worn a helmet.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20221130_10h39_25.jpg

And the dude seems to have slammed his head hard.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20221130_10h50_28.jpg

The n-1 th pillion looks to have slammed his back onto the autorickshaws front wheel. That looks like a nasty back injury!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20221130_10h52_24.jpg
GeneralJazz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 22:02   #36921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
A car's dash cam footage is out showing the accident from the front and rear Dash cams:

https://Youtu.be/7gBcbcQbA2g
This was caused due to the driver switching off the engine to save fuel -

Quote:
A victim of the multi vehicle collision on Navale bridge in Pune city shared the dash cam footage of the terrifying accident. A probe into the major accident that happened on Sunday night revealed that the truck which went on to hit 40 vehicles did not have a brake failure, but the driver had turned off the ignition to save fuel, the police said following an assessment by Regional Transport Office. While there were no fatalities in the accident, it left 15 people injured and 30 vehicles damaged. The truck driver and Driver's assistant are arrested by the police.
Old 30th November 2022, 22:27   #36922
BHPian

A vehicle is seen rolling on the street presumably due to tyre burst. Was in hindi could not make out. There are other angles in which some body is seen sliding on the road. Was it the vehicle passenger thrown out of the vehicle or did the vehicle hit a pedestrian ?

Name:  Roll.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  232.0 KB

https://www.bhaskar.com/local/rajast...YBACDP4h1kAAAA
Sarvodaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 14:09   #36923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
A vehicle is seen rolling on the street presumably due to tyre burst.
2 people in SUV were apparently going to visit someone in the hospital. They were hit by another vehicle (as per the passenger in the vehicle).

After the hit, both the driver and passenger were thrown out. The passenger had a fractured leg, the driver appeared fine and after checking on the passenger, he ran away from the spot. The lady is admitted in hospital and refused to register complaint against the driver. (In the video, the person rolling on the road is the female passenger, the driver is thrown towards the divider).

The report further states the the SUV was speeding.

There is no mention of the vehicle that hits the SUV.

Last edited by NG_EV : 1st December 2022 at 14:12.
Old 1st December 2022, 14:46   #36924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Why is it that any fatal accident by Vehicle is mentioned as involvement of a Car, Bus, Truck etc. but if the Car happens to be a BMW, it is specifically mentioned as a BMW ?

I feel it is the envy of the Public against the rich owners of BMW that their accident gets notified by BMW as if BMW is notorious, whereas there are many times more accidents caused by other makes.
It's not really a surprise considering most BMW drivers are jerks, world over according to numerous surveys.

For source, read this: https://engineerine.com/why-bmw-driv...worst-on-road/
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20221201_144503.jpg  

DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 19:19   #36925
Team-BHP Support

Maybe these publishers haven’t met Scorpio and Fortuner owners
Turbanator is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 22:42   #36926
BHPian

Laughter unlimited!

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 08:27   #36927
BHPian

A 19 year old rider and his 17 year old pillion died in an accident in Chennai when they were riding at 114kmph in city roads. They skid and fell when a load auto took a U-turn in front of them. The load auto driver was arrested. The 19 year old deceased didn't have a driving license.

Two young lives lost because of their recklessness. RIP.

1. Driving above speed limits and that too at 114kmph in city roads is a recipe for disaster. Single important reason for crash.

2. Driving without a valid driving license.

3. Load auto misjudged the speed of the bike and took U turn. Vehicles take U turn inside cities while the road is not clear expecting the other drivers to slow or stop for them.

4. Dual channel ABS is must in motorcycles. Even if you ride carefully and within legal speed limits, dual channel ABS will ensure you don't skid easily.

Last edited by Arwin07 : 2nd December 2022 at 08:34.
Arwin07 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 09:08   #36928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Maybe these publishers haven’t met Scorpio and Fortuner owners
Nor are they aware of our cab drivers and a special species called Temp travellers and Toofan drivers. [Or, do we classify these last two as pilots as they fly low?]
FORTified is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 09:39   #36929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
3. Load auto misjudged the speed of the bike and took U turn. Vehicles take U turn inside cities while the road is not clear expecting the other drivers to slow or stop for them.
I don't think there was any misjudgement by the load auto. The load auto guy (also bikes, cars, autos) simply start making turns like this expecting those coming in the straight road to slow down for them. It is a very common, dangerous driving practice and is especially true for places where medians have gaps for turns but without signals.

This happens a LOT in Chennai and especially on that specific road. The turning vehicles even keep inching forward, blocking a full lane until flowing traffic is made to stop for them.

This of course does not reduce any blame on the 2 wheeler driver. That was a dumb, mindless stunt that went wrong and ended in the worst outcome possible.
asmr is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 10:16   #36930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
A 19 year old rider and his 17 year old pillion died in an accident in Chennai when they were riding at 114kmph in city roads.
I was doing 3 digit speeds on my Honda Unicorn on the ECR in 2009 when the same thing happened to me, except I'm alive to tell the tale. A Tata Ace pulled in, in my path. At my speed, there was no scope to brake or maneouvre any which way. I braked briefly and let go of the bike; with its greater momentum, it went ahead of me and T-boned the Ace first. I followed suit shortly thereafter and struck the Ace's goods guard-rail/scaffolding head first. Miraculously, the helmet did its job very well. If my neck or spine suffered any damage, I don't know about it till date. The bike was still rideable (it was wobbly) to the nearest Honda service center.

Q: What did I do wrong?
A: 1) Leave alone the illegality of my actions; I exceeded the limits of the machine that I was riding. It is important to know the abilities of your bike/car and to not test its limits.
2) I didn't expect the unknown. If the road ahead is clear for now, it is not guaranteed that it will remain so. Anything can happen at any time. It is crucial to respect the unknown.

Q: Why did I do it?
A: I was young, depressed and frustrated with life. Everything was going wrong and had gone wrong for me. Hitting triple digit speeds seemed like one thing that I could at least achieve credibly. And I'll admit, I had this weird notion that my life was over. (Yes, things were bad for me at the time...not the least of which was coping with my mom's passing - and there were other depressing things to cope with as well.)

Q: Did I ever do it again?
A: Never again, not even on any of the cars I've driven. Once you crash and cheat death, you become this paragon of driving virtuously!

Q: Did the load carrier do wrong in my case (and in the current accident's case)?
A: Yes. But the crossing load carrier in both the cases only bear ~25% of the fault, for crossing without looking.
locusjag is offline   (49) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks