Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2023, 14:57   #37216
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Did the “Family Man” survive? Surely on TV the “Family Man” survives all kinds of villains. Just curious about when the Family Man is the villian himself…
Old 15th January 2023, 15:43   #37217
BHPian

Happened infront of me ... Looked like both parties are at wrong. But the biker coming from right approached u turn from wrong side and at a very hight speed.
Few seconds delay, and they would have hit me at T.

FalconRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 17:07   #37218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The tractor carrying hay played an important role in blinding both the drivers.
The tractor played no role in the accident: it just happened to be there. It was one of the many vehicles other drivers can't see through, and they should act accordingly.

The Tempo driver didn't seem ready to stop, tractor or no tractor!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 17:43   #37219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
An accident I saw under the Mandya bypass. The tractor carrying hay played an important role in blinding both the drivers.

Skip to last 2:20 for the incident.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=yFhfy3sQQ5E
We have to be careful while crossing visibly clear roads at intersections, even when we are assumably alone on the road, let's say at 2 am in the night.

In this case, there is a clear intersection, traffic is not visible due to this tractor and still the tempo traveller approached at such a high speed. What should have been a stop-go situation, culminated into a near fatal accident.

There was a restaurant on the edge of Faiz road in Delhi, from where I used to catch my school bus in early 1990s.

This 'closed' restaurant had so many cars and trucks visiting it during the night, that I cannot remember exactly how many times I had seen police taking out the vehicle debris (sometimes dead bodies) early morning when I reached there to catch the bus.

Main reason for accidents was: Overspeeding at night, thinking I am the only one on the road.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow/3748615.cms

This 2008 report shows how unsafe late night and early morning time is, contrary to the safe time mentioned in GOIs report recently.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 18:38   #37220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconRed View Post
Happened infront of me ... Looked like both parties are at wrong. But the biker coming from right approached u turn from wrong side and at a very hight speed.
Few seconds delay, and they would have hit me at T.

https://Youtu.be/VLpa1nX7kRs
Yup, both parties were at fault to an extent. The biker taking a U-turn just blindly entered the other road, and also the other biker it seems didn't slow down for the junction.
Old 15th January 2023, 20:27   #37221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
We have to be careful while crossing visibly clear roads at intersections, even when we are assumably alone on the road, let's say at 2 am in the night.

In this case, there is a clear intersection, traffic is not visible due to this tractor and still the tempo traveller approached at such a high speed. What should have been a stop-go situation, culminated into a near fatal accident.
Tempo traveller says everything if you are in Karnataka. What else can you expect?
Old 15th January 2023, 20:47   #37222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Yup, both parties were at fault to an extent. The biker taking a U-turn just blindly entered the other road, and also the other biker it seems didn't slow down for the junction.
'The other biker' was coming from the wrong side. The guy taking the U turn was looking towards the left as is logical. He may not have expected a bike from the wrong side
mallumowgli is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 14:04   #37223
Senior - BHPian

Fatal accidents on newly widened NH160 :Sinnar - Shirdi route

Improved infrastructure is a double-edged sword.
While you get to enjoy the obvious benefits of smooth ride, fatigue-free driving etc. there are the associated ill-effects of overspeeding resulting in accidents, sometimes fatal.

On the busy NH160 highway, road widening has been carried out by NHAI on a rapid scale.
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) had started widening in Oct'20 and is about the complete the project by March this year.

But check this news - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/96979198.cms

alongwith the YT video:

..and probably few more such that have happened in the recent past, that brings to the fore as to whether adequate precautionary measures on these so-called super fast highways are being taken to mitigate such accidents.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 14:47   #37224
BHPian

Came across this on my twitter feed. While there is no dearth of morons, what irritated me is Tata Motors liking this stupidity.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20230116144401.png  

StepUP! is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:00   #37225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
A vast majority of all folks in general are highly impatient while driving on our roads. There is no medal to be won, nothing precious to be gained by saving that 5 minutes or an hour by risking everyone. Hope this realization dawns on our road users.
Well the medals and gains are as follows:
1. People praising you as an "expert driver who drives fast."
2. Buddies praising you that you beat Google Map's estimated travel time.
3. Ego boost with imaginary game points you get when you overtake a car. More points for overtaking bigger, more expensive and faster car than yours.
4. Impressing your opposite sex partner.

One can add many more.

RavSam is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:27   #37226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Well the medals and gains are as follows:
3. Ego boost with imaginary game points you get when you overtake a car. More points for overtaking bigger, more expensive and faster car than yours.
It's funny. When I drive my wife's Brio, usually I am left alone but in my X3, everybody wants to race me and put me in my due place
CosmicWizard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 00:08   #37227
BHPian

A Horrible Accident involving a Skoda Kodiaq and a Toyota Fortuner near Salem Tamil Nadu. The Skoda goes into flames and the Fortuner is hit quite hard on its front end. Both the passengers on the Skoda are alive. A local News channel reported that Fortuner came and merged into the bypass without looking at the oncoming traffic and BHAM!!!.

Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 13:39   #37228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
A local News channel reported that Fortuner came and merged into the bypass without looking at the oncoming traffic and BHAM!!!.
How can that Fortuner guy look into the traffic if all of the windows are tinted literally black? I hope at least the windshield is transparent.

Also, both of them are on the main lanes, not bypass. Fortuner probably tried to do a U-turn without checking on-coming traffic or just didn't care about on coming traffic. If any "merging-in" is happening, you either rear-end someone or T-bone, not head-on.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 14:23   #37229
Senior - BHPian

A lucky car driver.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-85cf84ce3a2345b7b50be9d1ee611ea3.jpeg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-de3a65a410e94dd6abbd5d77e4df0e49.jpeg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4ab24e6da2bc481e91fa0f3642042ace.jpeg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-c28658bd8ae84a19b6e20dbe3c6e249e.jpeg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fd6aa0a6b3244b31862099fccb8f8afa.jpeg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3ba7fbfc32474f56b501a2b26e0668ed.jpeg

Last edited by ecenandu : 17th January 2023 at 14:27.
ecenandu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 14:58   #37230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
A Horrible Accident involving a Skoda Kodiaq and a Toyota Fortuner near Salem Tamil Nadu. The Skoda goes into flames and the Fortuner is hit quite hard on its front end. Both the passengers on the Skoda are alive. A local News channel reported that Fortuner came and merged into the bypass without looking at the oncoming traffic and BHAM!!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
How can that Fortuner guy look into the traffic if all of the windows are tinted literally black? I hope at least the windshield is transparent.

Also, both of them are on the main lanes, not bypass. Fortuner probably tried to do a U-turn without checking on-coming traffic or just didn't care about on coming traffic. If any "merging-in" is happening, you either rear-end someone or T-bone, not head-on.
My guess is the Fortuner was either coming from the wrong side in the opposite direction of the Skoda, cutting across to the correct side, or crossing from that side lane when the Skoda hit it and then deflected onto to the divider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks