Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2023, 17:27   #37471
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

A different kind of accident: car falls into water when being loaded into a ferry, in Assam. From another video by HVK, that ferry looks to have a narrow bed for the cars, and this car looks to have overshot and landed in water.

Last edited by condor : 8th March 2023 at 17:29.
condor is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 18:37   #37472
BHPian

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/98503788.cms

Here is another case of so called educated, sophisticated, upwardly mobile gentry ending up in a soup.
Having taken a life, wonder what conscience has to say about his driving habits.
Absolutely not the first time on breaking almost all traffic rules, fate has things to say now.
Arun yadav is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 21:39   #37473
Senior - BHPian

Accidents in India

Accident pictures of KSRTC bus carrying tourists to Munnar hills.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1678363133333.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1678363130247.jpg  

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 9th March 2023 at 21:42.
foby.sebastian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:01   #37474
Senior - BHPian

Caught On Camera: Accident between Congress' Digvijaya Singh's Car, Bike
Source: NDTV

Quote:
CCTV footage from the road showed the biker, who was coming from the opposite direction, suddenly take a right turn without stopping and checking for oncoming traffic. The Toyota Fortuner carrying Mr Singh, travelling at a high speed, hit the motorbike squarely and he fell off.

The driver of Mr Singh's car, Akhtar Khan, has been arrested and the car seized by the local police.
From the video, in my opinion, the fault clearly lies with the bike rider. Though the media reports say that car was traveling at high speed, I find it bit exaggerated. It was less than 2 sec from the moment the biker suddenly turned and the Fortuner fully braked after impact.

Not sure what scientific evidence police has to arrest the driver of the vehicle. He could have been made part of the investigation without being arrested.
AutoNoob is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:16   #37475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post

From the video, in my opinion, the fault clearly lies with the bike rider. Though the media reports say that car was traveling at high speed, I find it bit exaggerated. It was less than 2 sec from the moment the biker suddenly turned and the Fortuner fully braked after impact.

Not sure what scientific evidence police has to arrest the driver of the vehicle. He could have been made part of the investigation without being arrested.

I fully agree with you that the bike rider is to be blamed here as this happens way too often on undivided roads especially near villages. People just decide to take a turn or an u-turn without giving a hoot to who's coming at what speed.

But, we have seen time and again that politicians cars and convoys are driven rashly and in a very unsafe manner be it inside the city or out on the highways. Infact, I've never seen a politician's car being driven in a sane manner, doesn't matter if it's only the driver or the car is fully occupied.
Doonite is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:18   #37476
BHPian

Quote:
[b]Not sure what scientific evidence police has to arrest the driver of the vehicle. He could have been made part of the investigation without being arrested.
That is Indian police for you. If you are the car driver, you WILL be arrested irrespective of who was at fault. That is why big shots always have drivers.
ImranHyd is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:47   #37477
BHPian

Quote:
I'd say 90% biker's fault and 10% Fortuner, if only he was driving fast as mentioned in report. Otherwise the fault entirely lies with the biker.

The biker let the Bolero cross. Same he could have waited for the Fortuner as well.
Fortuner driver could not have noticed him because there was another bike crossing this biker, after which he started taking the right turn.
If you notice, there is a third biker as well behind this fellow who also seem to be wanting to cross the road, but he showed sensibility and did not attempt it.

Coming back to this poor fellow who got hit, he could have aborted his attempt easily. Had enough time to do so. Instead he started accelerating hoping to beat the Fortuner.

A lapse in judgement and he had a great fall. Hope no serious injuries.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 12:29   #37478
BHPian

Quote:

To be honest the fortuner was at normal speed although a bit faster as compared to other vehicles on the road. The biker is to be blamed here, I dont understand what the bikers think when turning like that, do they assume that there is a force field protecting them. I recently experienced such a turn by an auto driver near a shopping mall and my mom was driving the speed limit, he turned so abruptly that my mom had to brake with full force and use the handbrake too. Truly a dangerous experience for both us and the auto driver aswell.
Drivaholic@2727 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 13:15   #37479
tud
BHPian

Quote:

I'm really impressed by the security guard in the Bolero which was following the Fortuner at a safe distance. He was quick to comprehend the issue and jump out of the moving vehicle not only to look into the accident and take control of the rescue but also to protect the VIP (who was alighting) he was entrusted with.

Normally we would have been in a shock and taken a few seconds to come to reality but this guys shows he was trained and is alert.
tud is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 11:19   #37480
BHPian

The fault is clearly with the biker, I think everyone understands that.

Arresting the driver is the 'politically' right thing to do. Otherwise fingers will be pointed at the Digvijay Singh for abusing power and arresting the poor biker who got hurt and is the sole bread winner for the family, etc.
The driver will come out unscathed in no time.
Old 11th March 2023, 16:57   #37481
BHPian

Another horrific accident involving KSRTC Bus.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot-20230311-165034.png  

On4Wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 17:14   #37482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by On4Wheels View Post
Alas! The driver of the bus would have survived this accident, more to come from him. I wish the occupants of the car survived this.

I posted a video on my youtube channel in which someone tried to overtake me dangerously by crossing a solid double line.
I received comments like 'no overtaking on double line rule is out of syllabus' and most of the commuters doesn't know about it.

This is exactly why this accident happened. Police department is not a fool who waste money on painting solid double lines in accident prone areas where overtaking is the root cause.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 17:33   #37483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by On4Wheels View Post
Sigh, just sad to see so many innocents on board and on road having to bear the brunt of one man's folly

The car driver slammed his brakes upon seeing yama's vehicle in front and tyres locked up and swerved towards the impeding doom.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 17:34   #37484
BHPian

More pics and CCTV footage of the KSRTC accident that happened today. KSRTC bus driver squarely to be blamed here. The Xylo driver braked and locked its wheels. It had space to maneuver away with minimal damage, but lack of ABS proved deadly.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20230311-4.40.12-pm.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20230311-4.40.11-pm.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20230311-4.40.10-pm.jpeg

bejoy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 17:47   #37485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
I posted a video on my Youtube channel in which someone tried to overtake me dangerously by crossing a solid double line.
I received comments like 'no overtaking on double line rule is out of syllabus' and most of the commuters doesn't know about it.
Very true! Crossing the solid double yellow line is the main reason for this accident. The drivers of both the vehicles did this mistake here.

This is a common mistake most of the drivers do it on road. I think many drivers may not be aware about the importance of these line markings on the road. A few may be taking a chance to avoid downshifting of gear. The most disturbing part is that these kinds of accidents happens even in the state where traffic rules awareness is better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks