Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 11:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Attention: New Maruti Suzuki Swift Brake Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
One look at the new Swift brochure may get us to the problem.

I had mentioned this in the old thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2470529

Attachment 826549

Look at Brake Assist. It is not present in the L & V.

I wonder why Maruti didn't see this coming, considering MSIL had recalled the 1st Gen. Swift DDiS for a bigger brake booster under warranty. Why would Maruti want to repeat history?
i dont think it means there is no brake booster assistance.

even my alto has the brake booster assisted brakes.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:02   #77
BHPian

I have booked a Vxi, will it be possible to add a brake booster/brake assist on taking delivery? I should have booked the Zxi but was in a serious dilemma if I had to spent 1 Lakh extra and I could get a Vdi at the price of a Zxi. In order to avoid all such confusion, I picked up the Vxi.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:18   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I have booked a Vxi, will it be possible to add a brake booster/brake assist on taking delivery? I should have booked the Zxi but was in a serious dilemma if I had to spent 1 Lakh extra and I could get a Vdi at the price of a Zxi. In order to avoid all such confusion, I picked up the Vxi.

BRAKE BOOSTER for alto costs 2300 or 3300(dont remember xactly),it surely wont cost 1lc for swift.
I would suggest you buy swift's / or even bigger brake booster from *** OR AUTHORISED Spare parts, get it installed outside.
I am running a swaraj mazda's brake booster (13inch dia) in my getz crdi for past 1year.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:51   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
BRAKE BOOSTER for alto costs 2300 or 3300(dont remember xactly),it surely wont cost 1lc for swift.
I would suggest you buy swift's / or even bigger brake booster from *** OR AUTHORISED Spare parts, get it installed outside.
I am running a swaraj mazda's brake booster (13inch dia) in my getz crdi for past 1year.
We have also booked a VDi. Is it possible to install brake booster from another car? Will it affect the warranty?
Old 15th October 2011, 12:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
ok my mistake, i didnt mean to say that the brake booster would cost 1 lakh. I shall ask MASS if I can get the new SWIFT's brake booster installed on my Vxi. (Zxi's brake booster on the Vxi). I am sure that should be possible. I wonder why maruti has done away with their Vxi + ABS model!
Old 15th October 2011, 13:19   #81
BANNED

Any thing is possible,changing brake booster is the easiest one.
Surely warnty would no longer hold,because maruti guys would not like it.
Be assured if maruti is offering a car without a brake booster,dsnt mean it would have bad brakes.

You can see through the warnty period,then if you feel like you can get the booster job done anywhere(if your car is non-abs model).
Although I have put in a booster thats much larger than stock,i would not advice you to do such experiments.
My car eats disc pads like butter toasts,and there is no feel in the pedal,it just sinks and sinks.
Half an inch or may be 1inch oversize would be great.

I am quite sure MASS guys would refuse to do so.
I am also sure you would not require a booster if company has sent the product to market without it.booster is not a fancy item,it is put in the car if it is needed.

Last edited by dustom_99 : 15th October 2011 at 13:27.
Old 16th October 2011, 02:11   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Be assured if maruti is offering a car without a brake booster,dsnt mean it would have bad brakes.
Hey, I dont think the new Swift(<ZDi) doesnt have the brake booster. I think they are inadequate.

Let the users confirm.
Old 16th October 2011, 18:59   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hey, I dont think the new Swift(<ZDi) doesnt have the brake booster. I think they are inadequate.

Let the users confirm.
The New Swift does have a brake booster, All versions have one. 100% confirmed about this.

Last edited by humyum : 16th October 2011 at 19:15.
Old 17th October 2011, 09:01   #84
Team-BHP Support

Update: Apologies, I couldn't make it to the service station over the weekend. I'll try and fix an appointment for the next.
Old 17th October 2011, 10:06   #85
Team-BHP Support

One question, when you say vdi has no "brake assist", does it mean there is no "assist" at all. i.e. the heavier your foot, the better the brakes, like old amby and all?
If its the case, its shocking. I think even indica has power assisted brakes, and so do cars like santro.
Old 17th October 2011, 10:39   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
For a fair comparison, the previous generation Maruti Swift (used for comparison) should have brand new brake pads, right?

Just my two cents.
Jokers sitting at Pratham motors and Marutis local representatives changed my cars break pads last time when i reported the issue car was hardly clocked 26K kms that time, Pads are still having 70% life.
No change in breaking even after that and after long fight I lost hopes from this crap car co. and decided to not to buy any cars from them in future. Also decided to not to go again to arrogant Pratham motors.
SWIFT VDi BREAK SUCKS BIG TIME, hope Maruti and their jokers around are listening this thread.
Just to clear the doubts around , All swift comes with break booster but older models have small booster hence breaking sucks which they sorted out in 2010 onwards models, few lucky people got free replacement in many cities and for few specially Bangalore guys till now no luck. I even offered money but after seeing this thread they are very careful on accepting the break issue.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 17th October 2011 at 10:44.
Old 17th October 2011, 11:44   #87
Senior - BHPian

I did not find any problem with break system of Swift. I did drive the car from MAdurai to Rameswaram in a moderate road. It was fine and it was equally good as my Ritz VDI Abs.For that car the breaking is enough to control the car even in 100kms speed.
Old 17th October 2011, 11:55   #88
BANNED

Your Swift is below 2010 model?
Are you feeling the break bites which is normally found in cars with good breaks?
As Swift before 2010 model behaves just like drum break car it doesn't have the character of front disc breaks.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:00   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

Let the users confirm.
Did you have a chance to drive the ZDI on highway??

Please clarify, what you mean by inadequate.

As far as my experience goes on the highway with my ZDI the booster works fine and there are no scary incidents as with the VDI.

The brakes work perfectly well even at speeds well above 100 KMPH.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:07   #90
BHPian

Very disappointed to hear about this issue. Moralfibre, good to know you had an uneventful trip eventually. I fail to understand when manufacturers will stop compromising on the braking aspect in a car. This is taken too lightly and putting people's lives at risk. For a diesel car, Brake assist should be provided in all trims IMO, not just the ZDi. Skinny tyres, lack of brake assist/ABS/EBD are the perfect recipe for ineffective braking. And there is no ABS option too in the V variant. Shameful, just not acceptable.

I have the '06 ZXi and the brake assist/ABS/EBD combination works really well. Brakes have good bite even after 5 years. I have braked hard at moderate speeds few times to feel the ABS at work.

Why would the braking in the new Swift get worse is anyone's guess. MUL claims the ABS unit in the Z variants is the smallest in any car. Now will that have an adverse effect on the braking capabilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The whole circuit right from master cylinder to the splitter (F/R, L/R), valves etc etc. Aren't they different? atleast i have seen that in my Vdi the system is very simple and basic.
You are probably preferring to the EBD, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I honestly agree. It is not only the ldi or vdi which is suffering.
As moral fibre had quoted me , the car which i was driing was the zdi.The brake boost / assist is all a crap. The braking was rubbery and non assuring in zdi too!!
Could be an issue with the car you drove. Surely, it can't be as bad as the L/V variants unless there was a problem with the TD car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
One look at the new Swift brochure may get us to the problem.

I had mentioned this in the old thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2470529

Attachment 826549

Look at Brake Assist. It is not present in the L & V.

I wonder why Maruti didn't see this coming, considering MSIL had recalled the 1st Gen. Swift DDiS for a bigger brake booster under warranty. Why would Maruti want to repeat history?
They obviously don't believe in the saying "A stitch in time saves nine".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks