Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 13:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

Refer Anand123's posts couple of pages before and I can see the steel rods piercing the RH door. Even if he was wearing a seatbelt, the speed and the impact (and piercing rods thus) are enough to kill him.

And please guys, don't bash a dead person around. Just take away lessons and pass on to others.

RIP Mr Rishi and get well soon Kishan! God bless!
ssh1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 15:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

Whats happened is really sad and the family loss caused is beyond retrieval. A life has been lost. RIP Mr. Rishi. May God give enough strength to his family and dear ones to cope through the difficult times.

Hope the existing owners of hyper cars in here will learn from this accident and use their cars safely.
Old 20th February 2012, 16:10   #48
BHPian

In my opinion owning a supercar doesnt justify you to do 180 clicks on public roads whatever time of the night/day it might be.That too killing/seriouly injuring someone else while going at high illegal speeds in my eyes is no worse than murder.Having perused the last 3 pages there is no harsh critisicm of the fact that he was doing loony speeds.most of the posts are talking about seatbelts,learning to control the car at speeds and what not? I think our country should have a strict rule such as cancelling your license if you are caught speeding a certain percentage of speed above the limit.
aditya116 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 18:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Update :
Lamborghini crash: Injured man could be paralysed for life - The Times of India

Quote:
The 45-year-old cyclist who was injured in the Lamborghini car crash in south Delhi early Sunday may be paralysed for life, doctors said Monday.

AIIMS apex trauma centre chief Dr. M.C. Misra said the man was conscious but has suffered multiple injuries and paralysis of all four limbs.

"He has fractured his ribs and has received multiple injuries to his upper spine, chest and brain. All his four limbs are paralysed and he may suffer from paralysis for the rest of his life," Misra said.
I feel extremely unfortunate for this guy. I cant even imagine what his family might be going through. With no mistake of him he was knocked down.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 19:22   #50
BHPian

Well atleast his family can claim money for their well being from the Lambo owners family ( not taking any sides ) but if a Tata indica driver at hit him , his family would get nothing . There are a lot more Tata indica drivers who worked as labourers and just became drivers because of better salaries and do t know how to intros a car that can do 130 kms an hour which is equally dangerous ..and the sad part is that they are all over the country causing deaths almost everyday , but nothing is done about them or spoken because it's not a Lambo

My heart goes out to Kishan and his poor family , but a lot more needs to be done for road safety for all road users , just speed control is not enough . That's why in some countries people get a ticket for going slow ..as it causes people to overtake at higher speeds
mlcarrera is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 20:13   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but a lot more needs to be done for road safety for all road users , just speed control is not enough .
Speed control is a good start, but really, we are not talking about speed control. Speed control is keeping within the speed limit, or, at least, exceeding it (few are perfect) by a small margin.

Driving at twice, thrice, or even bigger multiples of the speed limit is way beyond simple speeding: it is criminally irresponsible recklessness. It does not matter if it is an Indica or a Lambo, and it doesn't matter if the driver is an inexperienced kid or a seasoned rally/track driver.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 20:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The guy who died was a dear friend of mine and from what i hear is that he was indeed not wearing a seat belt. I just dont see the point of a Ferrari or a Lambo in Delhi honestly ! We dont have the roads and pedestrians dont follow any rules ! Losing a friend like this is difficult to deal with and may his sould rest in peace.

He was a balanced guy who enjoyed life although i have to blame Delhis roads and also his choice of vehicle in this tragedy. Possibly he would have been safer in an expensive sedan that would have been higher above the ground level and also been a lot more solid in build.
Dude, you friend had no business doing 180 odd kph on a public road to begin with let alone the fact that he wasn't wearing a seat belt. It's sad that a young life was lost but please lets not forget the real reason behind the incident.

Had he been driving at a sane speed perhaps the accident would not have happened at all - or might not have been fatal for anyone. So lets accept the fact that your friend had to face the consequences for his rash actions and stop blaming roads/traffic/pedestrians etc since they were not really a factor here!
singhsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 21:05   #53
BHPian

I don't understand why people are bashing the owner / the way he drove the car.

Agree what he did was a Mistake for which he has repented, He has Lost his life.

What more has to be done now ??? I feel sad for the Cyclist too ! There are thousands of people dying on Indian roads have you ever bothered to know why it happened how it happened. Just because he had a lamborghini and he was speeding you guys are just bashing a person who is no more.

On the other hand, If he was driving hard on the streets and if you have witnessed it, you would have applauded and shouted in excitement taken pictures and would have told to all your friends that you saw a lamborghini and the exhaust was Brilliant bla bla bla.... here Instead of shouting @ him you would have appreciated the way he drove and things.

Let this Discussion come to an END, Our Condolence with the Family and the Driver R.I.P

Last edited by Sportygellar : 20th February 2012 at 21:07.
Sportygellar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 21:10   #54
BHPian

I might sound silly here, but why's everyone blaming the driver of the Lambo?

Some people/media are telling the story so confidentally as if they were the eye-witnesses and saw each and everything, from the scenes from inside till the crash, all live! (in spite of the fact that there were no eye-witnesses, isn't it?)

Secondly, the driver might have had the SEATBELT-ON. He might have been unconsious after the injuries and could have escaped out of the car on his own, for air or open space may be. Seems highly unlikely to happen but, who knows? Unless no one confirms of him flying outta car, we can't leap to conclusions. So, spare the departed soul on this...

Then there's the question of speed limits and responsibility. For those who are blaming the driver being irresponsible for speeding-up, I hope they have never ever ticked anything above 80kph/100kph in their cars. I don't think if any one of the country's best stretch/expressway allows you to go beyond that figure. But still, there shall be no denying that almost all of us max out our cars without caring for a lot many things and about the consequences that might follow later. We all think- I can MANAGE. 150kph=150kph, whether it's done in a Lambo or an Alto.

There might be race-tracks around us now. But, at 5am in the morning, with empty roads in sight and a Lamborghini's 550 horses at tap, it would have been very hard for anyone to resist himself from speeding-up! Could be easy to control for any one who raids the track regularly and have awareness, or keeps himself updated about track days. But for a business man with work, this is the only time he can unleash his car...Also, it's only been less than a year since the track has opened, it is yet to gain popularity among 'normal' people with 'abnormal' cars.

Just my 2 cents into this whole matter. Apologies if it felt unappropriate.

Last edited by Shivank : 20th February 2012 at 21:32.
Shivank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 21:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsid View Post
Dude, you friend had no business doing 180 odd kph on a public road to begin with let alone the fact that he wasn't wearing a seat belt. It's sad that a young life was lost but please lets not forget the real reason behind the incident.

Had he been driving at a sane speed perhaps the accident would not have happened at all - or might not have been fatal for anyone. So lets accept the fact that your friend had to face the consequences for his rash actions and stop blaming roads/traffic/pedestrians etc since they were not really a factor here!

I agree sir, no one should be driving at that speed and thats why i replied to another Bhpians post saying these cars dont belong on our roads. The fact is that we dont have the roads for these cars and you will almost certainly put ures and others life at stake when you're driving one ! I dont believe in people saying drive the car responsibly ! Please note that its a supercar that was meant to be driven in a certain manner and that is what all supercar drivers end up doing. Im not saying that if your can can do 200km/h, do it !! No not at all. Im just saying that dont get a a lambo or a ferrari when you know you cant enjoy it and be a responsible citizen (people always succumb to temptation). A fellow BHpian said go to the budh circuit and drive fast ! Its a great thought but after a long day of work, do you think any of the owners are going to do that ? They just want to play with their toys for a little while and get back to work the next day . All of us Bhpians are so passionate about cars and specially supercars but i think we all need to understand that our country does not provide the infrastructure to drive these cars responsibly and i still stick by what i said, you cannot drive these cars responsibly ! You can be responsible by not getting one. If someone tells me dont cross 120km/h, then why on earth should i pay 3 cr for a car that could do 300 ! I mean there are so many nice cars out there which are more comfy and safer in terms of driving.

Another point, where in India can one drive these cars and have fun? (except for the circuit) Do they really make sense ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
I might sound silly here, but why's everyone blaming the driver of the Lambo?...

...Just my 2 cents into this wole matter. Apologies if it felt unappropriate.

I said exactly the same things that you did and im so happy to see another BHpian agree with my view.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th February 2012 at 22:01. Reason: Also, avoid quoting entire posts as it may inconvenience small-screen and mobile users. Thanks :)
nik_kapur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 21:40   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsid

What's your authority on 180 odd,or even 6 kmph ?
Which of his rash actions have been highlighted?

I seriously don't understand how people are lynching on the way to the courthouse.
He may be at fault,maybe not.
But this?
This just sounds like aaj tak.
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 22:14   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Generally speaking... such speeds on city streets are, simply, indefensible.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 22:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys, stop bashing a person who is no more in this world.

Yes it may his faut, may not be as well. We dont know yet. If its his mistake he has paid the price.

Now pl dont talk about wearing seat belt, its his life and his wish. Who are we to even talk about that. he didnt wear, he paid for it.

Hope Lambo owner's family will take care of cycle guy's expenses. Thats the only thing "to be done" in this whole story.

...and yeah those people who are talking about "speeding", i really hope they never exceeded the speed limit !!

I am quite sure we all have exceeded the speed limit, why blame him just cos he was in a Lambo.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 22:46   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Another point, where in India can one drive these cars and have fun? (except for the circuit) Do they really make sense ?
sorry to disagree, i don't agree with India is not matured enough for these super exoticas. i guess there are highways which are capable of hitting 150+ in india. In that case nobody in the world should not buy these 200mph+ rides with 90mph legal limit except few such as Autobahns.

Last edited by RIC.BURNS : 20th February 2012 at 22:47.
RIC.BURNS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 23:26   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
i guess there are highways which are capable of hitting 150+ in india.
Some roads are capable. Most people are not.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks