Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 23:30   #16
BANNED

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
This is why it is so important to give training to owners for their car. They must learn how to go from a 150-300BHP Mercedes or whatever luxo-barge they own to their 500+ BHP supercars and must learn their limits.

The BIC should open up its doors to people who wish to learn their cars and to know its limits on road and on a track.

Rest In Peace for the owner.

Let's hope this is the last time such sad news is borne to us.
I'm not critiquing what you said but just because someone owns a Lambo doesn't mean he/she has respect for the car. Remember not everyone with $$$ is an enthusiast. I imagine only those who think like us(bhpians, enthusiasts) would pay a visit to the track with a car like that

500 HP is scary power on any road in any country. It's a nasty accident but it looks like he could have been alive had he taken the right measures. It's not a terrible accident. Severe, but not terrible.

Obviously this guy didn't care much , nor did he fear the car. Now he paid the ultimate price.

Anyway, hope he can R.I.P .
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 23:34   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639
The Lambo had a 5 point harness and not a regular seat belt. Highly likely that the driver did not bother to buckle up since it's not as easy as putting on a regular seat belt.

Overdrive magazine claims that the driver didn't wear the belts and was thrown out of the car upon impact.
Yea some indians find our normal seat belts to be a pain to put on because of the sheer laziness so i guess you are probably correct in assuming that he never used to put the seatbelt on as it was a 5 point belt.
Old 19th February 2012, 23:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys from what has been said is that owner has passed away because of metal rods of the bus stop hitting his body causing instant death.
No seat belt here also could have saved his life.

Its sheer bad luck which caused such a terrible incident which led to the owner loosing his life.If the car would have been a different angle there would have been a lot of chances of him coming out alive.

May the Lambo Owner's Soul Rest in Peace.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 23:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Lambo had a 5 point harness and not a regular seat belt. Highly likely that the driver did not bother to buckle up since it's not as easy as putting on a regular seat belt.

Overdrive magazine claims that the driver didn't wear the belts and was thrown out of the car upon impact.
Nope. The Balboni has a regular 3-point seatbelt.
But yeah the only reason for the death seems to be seat belts being not buckled.
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 23:49   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Nope. The Balboni has a regular 3-point seatbelt.
But yeah the only reason for the death seems to be seat belts being not buckled.
Your right. I saw the pics and those stripes across the front seats looked like the straps of a 5 point belt.
Old 20th February 2012, 00:20   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Guys from what has been said is that owner has passed away because of metal rods of the bus stop hitting his body causing instant death.
No seat belt here also could have saved his life.
The metal rods pierced into him, probably because he was thrown out of the car? Had he worn seat-belts, he would have stayed put in the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Its sheer bad luck which caused such a terrible incident which led to the owner loosing his life.If the car would have been a different angle there would have been a lot of chances of him coming out alive.
When you're speeding in city-limits, what are the odds? The odds would be heavily stacked against you. I'd understand if he was driving slowly. Now that would be sheer bad luck.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 00:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

The guy who died was a dear friend of mine and from what i hear is that he was indeed not wearing a seat belt. I just dont see the point of a Ferrari or a Lambo in Delhi honestly ! We dont have the roads and pedestrians dont follow any rules ! Losing a friend like this is difficult to deal with and may his sould rest in peace.

He was a balanced guy who enjoyed life although i have to blame Delhis roads and also his choice of vehicle in this tragedy. Possibly he would have been safer in an expensive sedan that would have been higher above the ground level and also been a lot more solid in build.
Old 20th February 2012, 00:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics of the LP550-2 VB, Sirish Chandran posted on Fb.
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-401300_10150541654262126_618387125_9195928_2080235286_n.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-396339_10150541654617126_618387125_9195930_174759756_n.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-403064_10150541651542126_618387125_9195922_1019664558_n.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-422478_10150541652997126_618387125_9195925_297496288_n.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 20th February 2012 at 00:36.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 00:50   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The guy who died was a dear friend of mine and from what i hear is that he was indeed not wearing a seat belt. I just dont see the point of a Ferrari or a Lambo in Delhi honestly ! We dont have the roads and pedestrians dont follow any rules ! Losing a friend like this is difficult to deal with and may his sould rest in peace.

He was a balanced guy who enjoyed life although i have to blame Delhis roads and also his choice of vehicle in this tragedy. Possibly he would have been safer in an expensive sedan that would have been higher above the ground level and also been a lot more solid in build.
Or maybe he should have just avoided speeding on a public road altogether. Especially considering that we have our own F1 track now, in Delhi.

One shouldn't blame the car or the conditions for this tragedy. There is nothing wrong with owning a Lambo, and Delhi has one of the best roads in India. He should have worn the seat-belt.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th February 2012 at 00:56.
suhaas307 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 01:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The metal rods pierced into him, probably because he was thrown out of the car? Had he worn seat-belts, he would have stayed put in the seat.

When you're speeding in city-limits, what are the odds? The odds would be heavily stacked against you. I'd understand if he was driving slowly. Now that would be sheer bad luck.
Suhaas,no-one has stated proper facts and What has actually happened.
We really dont know if he was thrown out of the car and then hit by the rods or hit by the rods on the drivers seat.
Yes,if was wearing seatbelts he wouldnt have been thrown out but he still could have got pierced by the rods on the drivers seat with the seatbelts on.

God only knows what has happened.I would not like to jump to conclusions unless someone tells us what were the series of incidents in this accident.
cityvic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 02:14   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

The airbags wouldn't have deployed if the seat belt wasn't fastened.
Old 20th February 2012, 03:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The airbags wouldn't have deployed if the seat belt wasn't fastened.
In many cars they DO deploy even if you are not wearing your seat belts but you risk very severe facial and spinal injuries if the aribag deploys and you are not wearing your seat belt at the time.

(Pitt Chronicle: Airbag and No Seatbelt a Bad Combination in Accidents)

However, this is worthless now that the driver has already passed away. May his soul rest in peace.

May all who hear about this incident LEARN THEIR LESSON AND DRIVE RESPONSIBLY no matter which car they are driving. If your car is the safest car in the world you have to still be careful because the other car you hit might not have the same safety as yours.

Lastly, my prayers for the defence less cyclist who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited by Vijayraj1890 : 20th February 2012 at 03:05. Reason: capitalization was not added.
Old 20th February 2012, 04:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

its very easy for all of us on the Internet to say what we hypothesize since the illfated driver is not here to tell us what happened in that split second when it all went wrong.

Killer BRT claims Lamborghini driver, cyclist critical says of a rather sordid impact by the steel railing - in which case, no belts, nothing would have helped.

I would rather not post the text here lest it offend sensibilities.

though the dailymail clearly faults the driver for not wearing seat belts: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome...=feeds-newsxml

Last edited by phamilyman : 20th February 2012 at 04:06.
Old 20th February 2012, 05:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I find it shocking that the dailymail writes in bold that the airbags failed to activate due to not wearing the seat belt. I mean, can't they see that in the pictures the airbags have got activated? We cannot really comment whether the seat belt was worn or not but the airbag deployment is clearly visible. Drivers of supercars need to realize they must not speed within city limits. Control is key.
carfreak77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 07:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post

My condolences to the family nik. Its unimaginable how much pain the parents and family would be going through at the moment. RIP the ride and the rider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks