Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 13:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I rode a Kawasaki Ninja 650 for the first time when I did the Official TD. Around 300 kms.
Only once did I hit speeds over a 100. It happened on an open stretch. As soon as I realized that the speed was in triple digits, I slowed down.

The bike was awesome fun to ride.
BUT I WAS RIDING ON A PUBLIC ROAD.

Grow up.
Driving is not a challenge.
Everyone crashes.
The faster you are, the higher the probability of it being the last one.
Very Well Said.
Just like someone has put up "Driver Development needs to Come first" Yes Road development is Vital, Traffic sense and pedestrian sense is Important, But with all the 500+ bhps on hand, such drivers need to go thru an exhaustive training of handling these kind of powers! Does anyone know, if, Anukool went thru any formal training on advanced driving or on handling such power. it also becomes a social responsibility of the dealerships to Impart such training, and why cant we in India take the lead, lest people on the Forum say where in the world do dealerships impart such training! We need to be Responsible Humans before we get behind the steering of a Super car with 500+bhp on hand.
Maybe wishful thinking, but the Government can stipulate a regulation on driver capability[training] whilst registering such super cars. Atleast the thought process begins somewhere.
These Super Cars are really meant for only 'track days' in our country!
Sorry, do not mean to hurt anybody here.
scooby05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 13:59   #77
BHPian

bblost you did a official TD on Public roads ? and reached only 100km on a Ninja 650 ??? STRANGE

Where else apart from Public roads do you get to Ride/Drive ?? You expect a person who has a Superbike or a car to take it to a race track every time he wants a spin ?

Commenting as "Grow up" is a Harsh way of commenting and it is a Personal Attack on a fellow member which is Rule No 6 of your Forum !

Its high time that Mods request people to stop commenting on this Lamborghini Incident topic

*Peace*
Old 21st February 2012, 14:18   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank
I might sound silly here, but why's everyone blaming the driver of the Lambo?

Some people/media are telling the story so confidentally as if they were the eye-witnesses and saw each and everything, from the scenes from inside till the crash, all live! (in spite of the fact that there were no eye-witnesses, isn't it?)

Secondly, the driver might have had the SEATBELT-ON.
I see no logic behind why won't the air bags deploy even if he did not have seat belt. In fact I am sure they deploy regardless.
RIP
Old 21st February 2012, 14:18   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
bblost you did a official TD on Public roads ? and reached only 100km on a Ninja 650 ??? STRANGE
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...de-review.html

Its was an official TD for a bike, which is the most popular 'sports-tourer' in the Kawasaki lineup.

Quote:
You expect a person who has a Superbike or a car to take it to a race track every time he wants a spin ?
Its perfectly fine to take any road-legal vehicle on any public road and drive within the limits set by law.

If anyone wants to push the vehicle to its potential. Take the vehicle to a track.
Public roads are not meant for this. They are not designed for high speed driving.

When something goes wrong and with high speeds, its definitively possible that it will.
Not only can one end up killing himself. But also end up seriously injuring or killing a completely innocent person.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 14:39   #80
BHPian

Sorry but had to chip in, given all the talk about how people should stay within the speed limits laid by the law, the law also needs to take into account changing times, infrastructure advances, technological advances etc. State highways have speed limits of 30 kmph approaching villages (note not in the village, approaching), and I actually once did slow down to see what speed that would be. It is unreasonable and no one there was keeping to it.

The accident is unfortunate, but it is what it is, an accident. Who knows where the culpability lies, because no one other than the driver may know what went wrong.
Old 21st February 2012, 14:42   #81
BHPian

Tell me how feasible it is for a person to take his car to the Track every time he wants to push his car to the limits ? Do we have tracks in every city ? NO

How many Super-car owners in India do not push their car to the limits in the city ? Are everybody taking their cars to the Tracks ? NO

Every person who gets a Super car will know how to Drive it(other's Views my differ) and they push their car to the limits on public roads and not everybody is meeting with the accident every other day.

Talking about the Speed limits even a Nano is not being Driven below the set Speed limit in the city.

When there are N no of people dying on the roads due to accidents why are no body creating threads here and bashing the person who is at fault ??

I see comments here from Typical Indian Mentality ! I'm repeating again Just because a Lamborghini is Involved just because he is a Rich Chap you guys have got an opportunity on a forum to talk anything against him without knowing the fact without Witnessing the Accident.

Finally It was in His fate it was in Cyclist fate that he has to meet with an Accident, he has to pass away in an Accident, Nobody in this World could stop the accident which had to happen..

Hoping a Speedy recovery to the Cyclist.

Lets Move on.

Last edited by Sportygellar : 21st February 2012 at 14:43.
Sportygellar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 14:50   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
Many things have been said here about the incident. I pray that the family of the deceased driver get the strenght to overcome the huge loss

I pray that they bring up their children with more responsibility in the future --- and that other families in such privileged positions have the sense to learn the lesson before it becomes their loss that they are grieving.

Tough? Unpleasant? Downright nasty? Maybe. But realistic. And useful for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Looking at the time this occurred, could it be a possibility that he momentarily dozed off?
That would be criminally irresponsible too. We are responsible for staying awake and alert when driving, and we are responsible for what happens if we don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
again to those people who are saying that he was doing "insane" speeds and also was "criminally rash" . If you ever get to drive a lamborghini ( if you own it or get it to drive it anywhere any how ) how many of you can put ur hand on your heart and swear that you would not do "insane " speed or be "criminally rash"
Sure. Hand up, hand on heart. I'd hope most Team-BHP members could do the same. I've done some silly things; I've no doubt that I'll do more, but there are limits.
Quote:
... 180 or any high speed that is claimed whats the point over fighting if its right or not - that car can do such speeds and handle it .
But it didn't. Or rather, the driver didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Now, who are WE to judge that 10mph above 40mph is an "agreeable breach"? You've crossed 40mph. You've broken the law. You were speeding. Period. Any other objective way to look at this? Nope.
True. And I've paid the price for that, In London: 35 in a 30 area.

If I'd been doing 120MPH, not 35MPH, I wouldn't have got a speeding ticket: I'd have been in court on a much more serious charge. Heavy fine, loss of licence, potentially even prison.
Quote:
People who can't accept this will continue bashing the dead person's soul.
Soul is nothing to do with it. This is not a religious or spiritual matter. Or a matter to be particularly nice about. And being dead does not absolve anyone from criticism.

It is easy to judge others. With this, as with any other accident report we read, the really important thing is to try to learn the lessons. Don't say, "Who wouldn't be tempted?" If we get the chance to drive such a car, lets remember this accident, and do so seriously and responsibly. Then, this death and injury will have served a purpose, and this young guy's soul might indeed rest in peace.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 15:42   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Soul is nothing to do with it. This is not a religious or spiritual matter. Or a matter to be particularly nice about. And being dead does not absolve anyone from criticism.

No one is asking you to be nice to him. Neither has anyone the right to be not nice and pass judgements.

Must he be criticized in order to learn lessons from this incident? I'm sure it can be done without that; and that's what I'm requesting out of members.
Old 21st February 2012, 16:18   #84
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tutu Dhawan shares the following information & pictures:

Quote:
This car only has a 3 point seat belt and it was not buckled up! As you are aware that these cars have Pre-tensioning systems on board; they are locked in their original position as you may notice from the Seat Belt Clips.

Inspite of all advice, Educated People refuse to put on seat belts and this is how they land up, with the driver having being thrown out of the speeding car. The carcase of the car will tell you all.
Attachment 891885

Attachment 891886

Attachment 891887

Attachment 891888

Attachment 891889

Attachment 891890

Attachment 891891

Attachment 891892

Attachment 891893

Attachment 891894

Attachment 891897

Attachment 891898

Attachment 891899

Attachment 891900

Attachment 891901

Attachment 891902

Attachment 891903

Attachment 891904
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01723201202191505.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01724201202191505.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01725201202191505.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01726201202191505.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01727201202191505.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01729201202191506.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01730201202191506.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01730201202191506.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01732201202191507.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01733201202191507.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01735201202191508.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01736201202191508.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01737201202191508.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01738201202191509.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01739201202191514.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01740201202191514.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01741201202191515.jpg  

Lamborghini LP 550-2 Balboni accident. Driver dead, cyclist badly injured-img01743201202191519.jpg  

Old 21st February 2012, 16:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
All over the forum i read posts like i was crusing at 150 in a civic\vento\polo and what not??????,a Lambo doing 180 is much safer than a 10L odd car doing 150km\hr.
Slightly different view. Doing a 150 on a regular car like Civic/vento may be (relatively) safer on Indian Public roads then in a low slug super car simply because of the better view of the road ahead and the obstacles in the regular cars.
Old 21st February 2012, 16:49   #86
Senior - BHPian

The pictures speak for themselves. The seat Belt was Not worn/fastened, and this is a crime, its also total irresponsibility on the part of the Driver.
A person takes a Super car out with hopefully empty roads at that hour and obviously goes over board on the throttle, not realising that at that hour his reflexes would also be low and ending up like this is immaturity on the part of the departed soul. RIP.
Am told the car had just clocked a few hundred kms. since new, in the last 5 months! So it seems he had not had enough experience with the cars capabilities/handling either.
If he was wearing the seat belts he would have been SAFE! check the cabin cage. And maybe even the cyclist would have been safer, had the driver been at the steering.

Last edited by scooby05 : 21st February 2012 at 16:51. Reason: missed a part.
scooby05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 16:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san;2688129

Many comments are suggesting the reckless driving of the departed soul, and[B
I am not sure how media arrived at gauging the speed [/b]at the time of accident.
Looking at the damage done to the car

(a) Is it possible to arrive at some speed bracket that the Lombi was doing at the time of impact?

(b) Would he have survived if he had buckled on a seat belt?

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 21st February 2012 at 17:02.
Old 21st February 2012, 17:15   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
It's very amusing. I see posts where something like "agreeable breach", or "breach within acceptable limits" is being spoken about.

Now, who are WE to judge that 10mph above 40mph is an "agreeable breach"? You've crossed 40mph. You've broken the law. You were speeding. Period. Any other objective way to look at this? Nope. An officer at law has every right to fine you. A lenient officer at law might forgive you for doing 10mph above 40mph, but the fact remains that you've broken the law.

People who can't accept this will continue bashing the dead person's soul.

Let's talk about driving techniques, car control, dos and donts, practising safety et al and that's OK, but we are NO ONE to pass judgement on Rishi.

Over and out.
Dude there is a difference in breaking the rules and breaking the rules so badly that you end up breaking somebody. Everyone here knows that in our country we have some unreasonable rules which can NOT be followed. Having said that it is the responsibility of the riders/drivers to stay within their limits. Unless you still maintain that breaking the limit by 5kmph or 100kmph is the same!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
Tell me how feasible it is for a person to take his car to the Track every time he wants to push his car to the limits ? Do we have tracks in every city ? NO

How many Super-car owners in India do not push their car to the limits in the city ? Are everybody taking their cars to the Tracks ? NO

Every person who gets a Super car will know how to Drive it(other's Views my differ) and they push their car to the limits on public roads and not everybody is meeting with the accident every other day.

Talking about the Speed limits even a Nano is not being Driven below the set Speed limit in the city.

When there are N no of people dying on the roads due to accidents why are no body creating threads here and bashing the person who is at fault ??

I see comments here from Typical Indian Mentality ! I'm repeating again Just because a Lamborghini is Involved just because he is a Rich Chap you guys have got an opportunity on a forum to talk anything against him without knowing the fact without Witnessing the Accident.

Finally It was in His fate it was in Cyclist fate that he has to meet with an Accident, he has to pass away in an Accident, Nobody in this World could stop the accident which had to happen..

Hoping a Speedy recovery to the Cyclist.

Lets Move on.
Just because it is not feasible to reach a track doesnt mean you make the public roads a track for yourself. You have a powerful machine, you want to push it to the limits, you dont have a track near you. So what do you do? Drive it at a 100kmph on Lavelle Road?

And I agree many supercar owners push their car to the limits on Indian roads and get away, This guy dint, sometime you arent so lucky, that is exactly why they are called accidents mate!

And what do you mean by Indian Mentality? In fact, in your terms, you are talking with that Indian mentality blaming the fate of the driver and the poor cyclist for all this and not the irresponsible driving!!
Baleno7811 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 18:02   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Update :
Lamborghini crash: Injured man could be paralysed for life - The Times of India

I feel extremely unfortunate for this guy. I cant even imagine what his family might be going through. With no mistake of him he was knocked down.
Thats what happens when a cyclist is riding along the middle of the road divider.
Old 21st February 2012, 18:09   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Thats what happens when a cyclist is riding along the middle of the road divider.
If a cyclist is riding along in middle of the road there is something in our cars called as " Horn" and " Brake" and " Steering Wheel".

With a proper use of above items coupled with " Human Brains" one can easily avoid hitting him.

In the above case the driver had lost his " Brains" which urged him to drive at 180kmph on delhi streets.

Agreed the car is capable of speeds, but the roads and surrounding traffic may not be capable of accommodating this kind of speed.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 21st February 2012 at 18:10.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks