Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:57   #1
BHPian

My Maruti 800 crash: A first-hand account

I met with an accident earlier this year. February 24, 2011. Lucky to be alive. But not lucky enough to make it without pain. 2 days in the icu, 7 days in the hospital, right femur broken into 6 pieces (now kept together with a tiatanium rod and umpty no. of nails), an open forehead (no internal injuries), a grave wound on my left knee. I have been on bed for the last 3.5 months. Now I am walking on crutches and really miss walking, running cycling and other basic things that represented me.

Please excuse me if it doesn't make sense to uou. Just felt like speaking up.

EDIT:

Follow up post with more details here on page 2

What I learned from the accident here on page 4
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti 800 crash: A first-hand account-sp_a07011.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2012 at 18:51. Reason: Adding direct link to follow up post. :)
Samridh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samridh View Post
I met with an accident earlier this year. February 24, 2011. Lucky to be alive. But not lucky enough to make it without pain. 2 days in the icu, 7 days in the hospital, right femur broken into 6 pieces (now kept together with a tiatanium rod and umpty no. of nails), an open forehead (no internal injuries), a grave wound on my left knee. I have been on bed for the last 3.5 months. Now I am walking on crutches and really miss walking, running cycling and other basic things that represented me.

My God! That looks horrific! I hope you a complete recovery soon. All the best!
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:

OMG! thats a very bad crash. Really you were very fortunate to make it out without any permanent injury.
Keep up the spirit and you will be on your legs soon. Wish you all the best
racer_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I met with an accident earlier this year. February 24, 2011. Lucky to be alive.
What happened? and where did this happen? Nothing is left in the car.

I know what it feels as I had gone through the same thing 1 year back.
shishir_bn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:09   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Dang son!!
you were basically sitting AT the spot where the apocalypse hit that 800!!

Recover well, buddy.
At least the worst is behind you, now it'll be the physio.
thats painful in its own right, but more on the mental level, what my gym instructor called "meetha dard".
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:10   #6
BANNED

Sorry about your plight Samridh!! Wish you a speedy recovery back to a normal life.

How did it happen?

--Ragul
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:14   #7
BANNED

Quote:

Oh boy thats a bad crash. In the hindsight though, don't you wish you were in a better car?
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:

Good Lords ! The 800 is in a real bad shape. I wish you a speedy recovery. Dont worry to much, I have 2 rods in both my femures and I walk and run and cylce too. (how those rods ended up in my legs - well a thread to come in some time, havent even put an intro yet)
the-rare-one is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:25   #9
BHPian

Quote:
You are one lucky man to have made out of that crash with minor injuries as I would call it. Look at that steel completely crushed, whereas you made out with just a broken femur and other injuries. Wish you a very speedy recovery.
How did you land in that situation?

Last edited by Tejas Ingle : 23rd June 2011 at 17:29.
Tejas Ingle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Now I am walking on crutches and really miss walking, running cycling and other basic things that represented me.
Wish you a speedy recovery back to running and cycling. Get well soon.

Quote:
Why do you say so? This is not a court-room. We are all friends and well-wishers.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I met with an accident earlier this year. February 24, 2011. Lucky to be alive. But not lucky enough to make it without pain. 2 days in the icu, 7 days in the hospital, right femur broken into 6 pieces (now kept together with a tiatanium rod and umpty no. of nails), an open forehead (no internal injuries), a grave wound on my left knee. I have been on bed for the last 3.5 months. Now I am walking on crutches and really miss walking, running cycling and other basic things that represented me. Please excuse me if it doesn't make sense to uou. Just felt like speaking up.
Get well soon Samridth. It is all part of life. Things will definitely be all right; me too pray for you.

Last edited by rajeev k : 23rd June 2011 at 20:03.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I also wish you a fast recovery both physically and mentally. Migrate to a more safe and robust car since the road conditions and traffic are becoming worse day by day and we cannot avoid travelling...
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:

OMG, thats a very bad crash. I am haapy to learn that you came out of that accident without any permanent injuries. I am sure you will be completely recovered soon and be back with your running and cycling. I know these are difficult times for you but just be strong and you will get back well soon.
Jammy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Oh boy thats a bad crash. In the hindsight though, don't you wish you were in a better car?
What makes you say that?
If he had to wish?,he would have wished to not to crash,rather than crashing in a better car

PS:Get well soon Samridh,may the force be with you
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope you get well soon.

I survived pretty much the exact same accident back in 2003, when I put my Zen into a tree. Same injury - right femur fracture. Same treatment - titanium rod in leg and nails.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed