Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 20:07   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Very bad accident indeed. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
What happened to the Innova and other Swift occupants?
The swift guys had a broken front wind shield, the innova had a hugely damaged front. But all of them ran away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Samridh- it's amazing and admirable that you do not bear any bitterness towards anyone for your accident, just goodwill for the Samaritan who helped you! Get well soon, mate!
Thanks, noopster. Are you saying I am a nice human being??

You can praise me please

If I am trying to earn brownies for good conduct, add to it the fact that I gave a no-objection to those guys and also did not lodge a F.I.R against the fellows.

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th June 2011 at 12:58. Reason: Back to Back post within 30mins, Please use Multi-quote button when quoting more than one post. Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 20:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Samridh buddy you are a brave man. God has been very kind and make the most of it in life. Judging by the pic of the 800 it was hard to make out that anyone could ever have come out alive of that car. GET WELL SOON!! And go for the VENTO or any other car now (WITH AIRBAGS)
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 21:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ samridh - get well soon, and get back to driving real quick!

Regarding people who do not come forward to help - I believe we are all to be blames - people, police, hospitals.

Police - You save someone and you are then grilled with such ferocity as if you have killed someone, and then you are asked to cough up money to get you out of that so called 'mess'!

People - The apathetic attitude that people are gaining day by day and low value of human life in India doesn't help either.

Hospitals - Can you believe that government actually had to pass a law stating all accident victims must be given emergency care regardless of finances or a police FIR! Ain't this supposed to be common sense?
2 friends of mine (one now no more with us) got into a car accident - the other guy was holding him in his arms and begging the doctor to take the unconscious victim, only to be told to stop the 'drama' and bring a police FIR - only then an accident victim can be taken in!

Last edited by blackasta : 24th June 2011 at 21:08.
Old 24th June 2011, 21:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samridh View Post
By then my peers arrived and so did the police. (Police was very helpful al through probably because I am lawyer and/or I work for a one of India's better law firms).....

....I have dared to write in such detail so as to knock at the door of every reader's conscience, that no matter what happens thereafter, never leave an accident victim in pain. Since the balance of convinience always weighs heavier in favour of humanity (It is just an appeal ) !
Dear Samridh, I also join you in requesting every bhp member to show kindness to the accident victims. Every second is precious for them. Also, by helping them, you are saving a family behind him. So, please do not think of 'your seat getting spoiled' etc at the time of witnessing an accident.

One more request to Samridh. Lawyers do a very responsible job of helping the public by studying deeply all aspects of an 'issue' and trying to prove the truth. I believe that majority of the lawyers do it sincerely and truthfully. But, I have seen some lawyers (may be a very small percentage) who fly, like flies, to the accident spot and then to hospital then to the house and relatives of the victims trying hard to capture the accident case from the victim. Repeatedly reminding them about the present mental strain and agony of the victim and family also do not send them away. They still hang around. It is true that we will require their help in subsequently resolving the case, but, the way each 'SUCH' (I again say, a small percentage) lawyers compete each other to grab the case is too brutal. Kindly send a message to such a MINORITY also to leave the victims till they regain a mental and physical balance.
Old 24th June 2011, 22:47   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The swift guys had a broken front wind shield, the innova had a hugely damaged front. But all of them ran away.
When the police start prosecuting this criminally dangerous driving, just because it is criminal, and regardless of whether any complaint is made by victims, our roads may become civilised, and the kind of driver who, I suppose, didn't care whether you were dead or alive, might have some fear, if not respect.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 17:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
My God! That looks horrific! I hope you a complete recovery soon. All the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
OMG! thats a very bad crash. Really you were very fortunate to make it out without any permanent injury.
Keep up the spirit and you will be on your legs soon. Wish you all the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Dang son!!
you were basically sitting AT the spot where the apocalypse hit that 800!!

Recover well, buddy.
At least the worst is behind you, now it'll be the physio.
thats painful in its own right, but more on the mental level, what my gym instructor called "meetha dard".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Sorry about your plight Samridh!! Wish you a speedy recovery back to a normal life.

How did it happen?

--Ragul
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rare-one View Post
Good Lords ! The 800 is in a real bad shape. I wish you a speedy recovery. Dont worry to much, I have 2 rods in both my femures and I walk and run and cylce too. (how those rods ended up in my legs - well a thread to come in some time, havent even put an intro yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
You are one lucky man to have made out of that crash with minor injuries as I would call it. Look at that steel completely crushed, whereas you made out with just a broken femur and other injuries. Wish you a very speedy recovery.
How did you land in that situation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Wish you a speedy recovery back to running and cycling. Get well soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Get well soon Samridth. It is all part of life. Things will definitely be all right; me too pray for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I also wish you a fast recovery both physically and mentally....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
OMG, thats a very bad crash. I am haapy to learn that you came out of that accident without any permanent injuries. I am sure you will be completely recovered soon and be back with your running and cycling. I know these are difficult times for you but just be strong and you will get back well soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
PS:Get well soon Samridh,may the force be with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Hope you get well soon.

I survived pretty much the exact same accident back in 2003, when I put my Zen into a tree. Same injury - right femur fracture. Same treatment - titanium rod in leg and nails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Get well soon Samridh. All of us Tbhp-ians will pray for a speedy recovery and are by your side if you need any help from us. I have been in a terrible crash too. Physical wounds will heal, the most difficult part is getting over your mental trauma. Do not let this incident lower your spirit in any way. Take care brah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Well said Samridh, it was good that his true instinct took over and prevented his inhibitions in helping out.

I have a recommendation for you if it is not too much trouble. Try to create a thread for your recovery and post your progress here on tbhp. Several of us have been through something like this (in varying degrees) and may be able to participate in your recovery from remote locations. Some of us will then have recommendations for you too, which you may feel free to incorporate or ignore!
Most importantly, this thread could then provide you the relevant focus on your recovery. It will allow us bhpians to see the progress and mention it to you. Sometimes progress is not evidently noticeable when you see it everyday. Its like seeing a kid grow every day vs. seeing the same kid after 3 months. A lot of positive changes are noticed when you see a kid after some time. Only a suggestion!
Get well soon dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Hi Samridh!That was a horrific crash. God Bless Mr. Mehta who came to your aid. Wish you a very very speedy and complete recovery. God bless you an hang in there tiger!! You will be 100% ok in no time!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Hi Samridh, really unfortunate of this to have happened for no fault of yours. While I appreciate the good samaritan who came to your aid at the right moment, I also cannot digest the fact that there are people who are out to rob you of your belongings during an accident. Wishing tou a speedy recovery !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
So do both the Swift drivers, for totally failing to take in what was happening or about to happen, especially the driver on Samridh's left, who seems to have contributed to an accident through pure mischief, and yet, he was probably the only one to drive clear out of the situation and disappear without a scratch.

Best wishes for you continuing recovery, Samridh. If you do want to share, it seems a good idea to have a thread for your accident, and its aftermath, legal and physical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Samridh- it's amazing and admirable that you do not bear any bitterness towards anyone for your accident, just goodwill for the Samaritan who helped you! Get well soon, mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Samridh, thats a bad crash. I am glad that you were (relatively) less hurt.
Its due to the kindness of Mr. Mehta, that you are here to tell the tale, however horrifying it may be.

Best wishes for your recovery mate.

Very well said indeed. Point surely noted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Very bad accident indeed. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
hey samridh.

Am glad that you survived.

Btw. if you need anything. please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Samridh buddy you are a brave man. God has been very kind and make the most of it in life. Judging by the pic of the 800 it was hard to make out that anyone could ever have come out alive of that car. GET WELL SOON!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
@ samridh - get well soon, and get back to driving real quick!
Prologue

I hate it when people begin a thread or post some interesting/vital information in a post and then leave it midway and never complete it. Probably, the saying "dukh me simran sab kare, sukh mein kare na koye.......", adeqately explains the fraility of human nature.

Thanks

But I just could not have ignored the heartfelt good wishes I got here on team-bhp post my car accident (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2403030).

I have quoted some of the posts and I sincerely thank you for these kind words. Believe me or not, every time I was sad/depressed many of your posts came to mind wherein I was reminded that its not something that I won't recover from. You guys told me that you have and so I can. It was very helpful for me to look at the other side of the coin.

A Recap and some timelines:

Accident - February 24, 2011
Surgery - February 25, 2011
Moved out of the ICU - February 28, 2011
Discharged from the hospital - March 3, 2011

Bed Rest (No movement i.e. no horizontal or vertical movement) - February 24, 2011 - March 15, 2011 - I was not allowed to even allowed to fully sit down during this period for the risk of internal bleeding/soft tissue injury/ stiches

First day that I stood up on my non injured leg (with three men holding me two crutches. I tood for a minute. Felt dizzy and thought I would fall, so I sat back) - March 20, 2011

Laerning to hop on crutches (Basic practice to use two arm crutches and one leg to move my 90kg body) - March 20, 2011 - May 14, 2011

1st time I took the stairs (with one hand on a physio's shoulder, one crutch and weight on the unaffected/healthy leg) - April 20, 2011 (i.e. when i returned to my own house in Gurgaon which is on the 2nd floor)

New physio appointed (as doctors were distraught at my slow recovery - i.e. only 30 degree knee bending) - April 25, 2011

90 degree knee bending achieved - May 30, 2011

Re-joined office - June 20, 2012 (two crutches and the injured leg non-weight bearing)

Partial weight (20-25%) bearing on injured leg (still using both crutches) - 1st week of August, 2011

Partial weight bearing stage 2 (50%) (still using both crutches) - Novemeber 15, 2011

Full weight bearing (100%) (still using both crutches) - January 10, 2011

Full weight bearing (100%) (using single crutch) - February 5, 2012

Doctor confirmed bone union - February 15, 2012

I walked for the first time without crutches - February 24, 2012 (threw them away as I just couldn't stand them anymore. Though i couldn't stand too well myself. )

Booked a new car - April 29, 2012

Took delivery of the car - May 2, 2012

Installed a great great music system - May 5, 2012 (read http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...oda-rapid.html)

A note on my present state -

I can walk without 'much' discomfort. My ankle is the weak link, the thigh seems to be stronger.

Aim 1 - Next step is to attain flexibility. Planning to join a dance class in the coming days so as to infuse agility in the broken leg.

Aim 2 - Hit the gym n train on cycles to improve speed and strength.

Aim 3 - Get back into shape by hitting my weights again (no squatting for now).

Thanks for all your support and love!! If any of you have any questions I am always there to answer them for you!!

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th March 2013 at 15:55. Reason: quote tag's fixed
Samridh is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 17:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all you support and love!! If any of you have any questions I am always there to answer them for you!!
Welcome back! I still think this deserves a separate thread. However, I do understand you may not want to relive any of these moments.
Wish you many safe miles with your new car.
Keep us posted and yes, some pics will be great too
Ankles and knees are notoriously bad to heal, so dont stress yourself too much and plase check with doctors before you do any exercise. We have one each of a broken knee and ankle at home, so speaking from a bit of unfortunate experience.

Edit: I have already seen your other thread, so please ignore my demand for pics. I will post there to ask for more!

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th July 2012 at 17:36.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 00:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

@ Samridh

Just read your story and after seeing the crash pictures it is quite miraculous that you survived the crash. Hope you re-gain your health and fitness like before soon. I too had a crash a while ago and have come to realise that in case there is an accident on the streets, I must help rather than passing by.

Last edited by noopster : 19th July 2012 at 10:22. Reason: Retained only relevant part
Old 19th July 2012, 09:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all your support and love!!
Its very heartening to read about your recovery. This makes me think how strong the human spirit is, putting even steel to shame. You moved on and got a new car which just shows that your spirit was unhurt. This will always be a motivation to me. Congratulations for the car and a new life.

Keep Livin, Keep Revvin, Drive safe.
Best Regards,
Tejas
Old 19th July 2012, 09:44   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

My Maruti 800 crashes: A first-hand account

Sorry to hear about your experience Samridh- do get well soon.

From your account it looks like you did everything right though nobody would have really blamed you if you'd swerved in the way of the teenager in the Swift who wasn't allowing you to pass.

The picture of the smashed car is very disturbing. Am glad you were able to walk out of it and are able to post about your experiences.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:39   #41
BHPian

re: My Maruti 800 crash: A first-hand account

So good to know that you are back up and running from that horrific crash. Truly admire your spirit; keep it up buddy!
Masda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 11:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Happy to note that you are back to normalcy and is behind the wheel again. The suffering you had is over and this would be the beginning of happiness to you now onwards.
Forget that as a read chapter and be with the times. Hope you would now write about your new car and the experience thereon that too with pics.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 12:22   #43
BHPian

Dear Samridh,

It's heartening to read what you've gone through for a year. I can understand the pain as i was into an accident and was @ home for around 2 months.
I'm happy that worst is over and now you've recovered. Yes gyming best for you to reduce weight and get strength on the legs.

Wish you a full recovery soon buddy and thanks to people like Mr Mehta.
akas_chauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 12:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Just read through thw whole thread. That was a real horrific carsh, getting hit by two cars at the same place.
And am so so glad that you have fully recovered and are now back on your two feet.
And hurray to your spirit and your new car!!
Am so glad that it all ended well for you!!
You have a got a second life, live this to the fullest !!
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 13:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I have dared to write in such detail so as to knock at the door of every reader's conscience, that no matter what happens thereafter, never leave an accident victim in pain. Since the balance of convinience always weighs heavier in favour of humanity (It is just an appeal ) !

Re all the good wishes that you guys have posted - I can only say thank you.
Get well soon Samridh.
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks