Team-BHP - Accident victim lying on the road. Everyone just drives by!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accident victim lying on the road. Everyone just drives by! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/128701-accident-victim-lying-road-everyone-just-drives.html)

It was beautiful morning,and i was crusing on NH-22 on My CL500 for a breakfast run,few kms on the ride,and i spot long tyre screech\brake marks on highway,and something on road,just where they ended.
Being a Dog lover,i started feeling bad,but as i crossed the spot,i lost it,It was kid,lying face down(Pretty sure,the kid had passed away). on a highway at 6-30am,and vehicles flying past,with no one around to care.At first instance,even i rode past,since i was doing good speeds,but,i was shocked,as i had never seen anything like this before.I stopped,and rode back,and informed the cops,the highway Patrol gypsy and a bike was stationed,just near the spot on the otherside of the road,guided them to the spot and rode on with a heavy heart.

Since,it was the first time,i came across such an instance,informing the cops was the least i could have done,is there anything else,one can do,in a situation like this?.

How can one be so insensitive,to run over a kid,and drive on:deadhorse
As i said,the Patrol gypsy and bike were just on the other side of the highway,and the vehicle,would have braked pretty hard,creating lots of screeching noise,and cops never bothered to check.

I sympathize with you. I completely understand how you must have felt. But trust me, you did the right thing, and there is really nothing more that you could have done in this situation. It is an accidental death and is for the police to investigate.

Complaining about the cops not bothering is like hitting your head against a wall. Honestly, did you expect them to care?

As for the inhuman who did this, well, may he rot in hell..!! ( Please excuse the profanity. Forum rules restrict me from expressing what I truly feel.)

@akshay4587 - You did a good thing by informing the cops. I guess it was probably too late.

As for the guy who did this, the words we want to use can't be voiced due to forum rules and some of us having warnings for that.

It is a sad truth of the world today that people care less and less about others (be they humans or animals). What is sad is the people passing by and not bothering about the body on the road. I guess it may have been difficult to spot or they may have thought it was an animal, similar to you.

On a similiar incident, though not an accident, I saw a man falling down on to the road while I was in my morning walk couple of days back. Just to mention about the quick reaction time of Thrissur police - I called 100 at 0701 hrs, police control room bolero arrived on the spot at 0709 hrs also they arranged an amulance and the ambulance started to hospital by 0716 hrs. Came to know that the person worked as a security guard in one of the well known family (Alukkas?), police said that he fell may be due to dehydration or high bp.

You did the right thing akshay, and sadly, that is all that you could have done. Morality is an individual trait and having the guts to face the consequences of one's actions is an individual trait too. Many have it, a lot many more don't. The world is a funny place and we have to live with it. May we have the courage to do the right thing when it comes to us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pganapathy (Post 2953149)
It is a sad truth of the world today that people care less and less about others (be they humans or animals). What is sad is the people passing by and not bothering about the body on the road. I guess it may have been difficult to spot or they may have thought it was an animal, similar to you.

Also could be a lack of trust in the police.

What are the chances that you go to the police and inform them of a hit-and-run victim by the roadside and the police ends up accusing you of mowing down the child (probably even to fleece you)? Sadly, considering the "police stories" we comes across daily, it is not an irrational thought either.

Well done Akshay 4587
I sincerely hope that what you have done serves as a good example to the rest of the motorists in India. It is unfotunate that we have to share the world with vermin of the "Hit and run" kind.
Best Regards.
Ashok

akshay4587, you did the right thing and avoided other vehicles running over the kid. Last week a accident victim was run over repeatedly just because the driver who hit the victim sped away and others didn't care to stop and check the situation as you did.

Quote:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ctim-gunny-bag

TRICHY: A man, who was fighting for life after being hit by a vehicle, was repeatedly run over by other passing vehicles through the night on Trichy-Chennai bypass road near here. The incident came to light at daybreak on Wednesday when some passersby found body pieces scattered over a distance on the road.

Police said the man, walking along the road near Sanjeevi Nagar, was probably hit by a vehicle around 2.30am on Wednesday. As it was raining, either no one heard his cries for help or no one cared to stop.

The police got information from a passerby about the accident around 4am. When police reached the spot, they could not even confirm the gender of the victim initially. Then they recovered a pair of men's slippers and four shirts in a bag. Based on these, they concluded that the victim was a man. However, they are far from identifying the victim.

The traffic police have filed a case and are investigating. The body pieces have been bundled into a gunny bag and kept at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital in Trichy.

"It shows the extent to which people have become merciless. Even if he was found dead, a passerby could have informed police," lamented a traffic constable.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...cident-victims

WHile its sad, in many cases its the fault of the victim.
ex: a person crossing bypass road at 2AM. Is this a joke? Will you play with fire? Dont you care for your life? These are the same people who are trying to act too smart by claiming that microwaves are bad for health and then do such stupid things. (Microwave is random example to show that many people talk rubbish just to be popular in group and then also break the law and put their and others lives in danger.)

There has to be a law that you should 1st care for your life. If u dont care, dont expect others to care for your life. Ex: If a biker breaks signal and a truck kills him, then it should be fully bikers fault. Period.

So for people who jump to conclusions and talk abt rotting in hell, perhaps if you are in same situation, you will understand 1st hand about who's fault was it anyway.

Regarding the kid example. Here the parents themselves dont care for the kids, and you are expecting some random stranger to show sympathy? Parents (either poor or rich) are fully at fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subscrive (Post 2953432)
ex: a person crossing bypass road at 2AM. Is this a joke? Will you play with fire? Dont you care for your life?

Regarding the kid example. Here the parents themselves dont care for the kids, and you are expecting some random stranger to show sympathy? Parents (either poor or rich) are fully at fault.

With full respect to your views, the idea here is not to decide who was at fault ; the kid or the driver. It was a highway accident that the police should investigate.

But it was insensitive on the part of the people passing by seeing a dead body on the road and not informing the police.

Well Ahshay you did absolutely the right thing and that was the most that you could have done under the circumstances. It must have been really horrible for you to encounter such a thing in the morning.

Thanks Akshay for your action.

Quote:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...cident-victims

ex: a person crossing bypass road at 2AM. Is this a joke? Will you play with fire? Dont you care for your life? These are the same people who are trying to act too smart by claiming that microwaves are bad for health and then do such stupid things. (Microwave is random example to show that many people talk rubbish just to be popular in group and then also break the law and put their and others lives in danger.)

There has to be a law that you should 1st care for your life. If u dont care, dont expect others to care for your life. Ex: If a biker breaks signal and a truck kills him, then it should be fully bikers fault. Period.

So for people who jump to conclusions and talk abt rotting in hell, perhaps if you are in same situation, you will understand 1st hand about who's fault was it anyway.

I completely agree with you . You will also find bikes/scooters riding on the right side of the road late at night at a snails pace. There were so many times I had to suddenly brake while overtaking. But the question is different here. Cars slow down to witness the show but no one stops to help anyone. There are so many times a life could be saved by calling an ambulance or the cops rather than a victim bleeding to death if only someone just takes the initiative. However movies/ soaps/ experiences have instilled our minds with perceptions that it is such a hassle to do that thanks to corrupt and inefficient medical / cops.

We as a forum help each other with advice on cars and tell each other to protect the environment however I think we as tbhp-ians and most importantly as humans also need to help these victims whosoever fault it is, maybe we will be able to save a life. And the little hassle, if any, am sure will be worth it. There will definitely be someone who will take you as a hero, a savior.

Sugata

Quote:

Fully agree on this point I had the 1st hand experience of a Kid running on NH-8 at baroda after which the parents nor the kid was to be seen even though we risked our own to save the kid.

Here is the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...eturned-5.html

But at the same time a lot of people came to our rescue and helped us.

Nothing justifies a human being left to die on the side of the road. Our corrupt and mafia type police has made sure that good people who want to help either has to be rich with contacts or super poor who have nothing to lose. Everyone else has the fear of being taken for a ride.

There are exceptions, cops who are nice but I am yet to come across one!

Ouch. That's a bad thing to happen/see on the road early in the morning. You did the right thing in informing the police, though not much could be done for the poor soul. I just hope, whoever the person was; was identified. I don't want to discuss whether the police were wrong, or the attitude of the people was wrong etc. etc. Maybe the police need to do some soul searching (?)! (Am I expecting too much?)

The message I get loud and clear from this incident; is that whenever anyone needs any kind of help on the road, we need to stop and offer help.

KUDOS to Akshay for the good deed!
Had the police and other govt provided service deptt been so honest, responsible and efficient we would have become a developed country. We don't even have para medics on highways for those life saving first helps.
Anyways god bless the departed soul and provide solace and relief to the family.
God Bless All.

Well done Akshay. Wish all the guys showed the same thing. You did what was supposed to do. I experience something similar to this almost everyday. The route I take to office is pretty hectic and crowded with vehicles. I guess most of the people know how private buses are driven here. A normal 2 lane road is changed to 4 lane by these guys. The worst part is that I find lot of elderly people and women finding it difficult to cross the road. I see most of the cars just honk and pass them so close that scares the good life out of them. I always stop the car and ask them to cross the road. The smile on their face after we stop to let them cross is something that feels good to experience.