Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2024, 17:11   #961
BHPian

Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsirdar View Post
Wondering whether summer heat also plays a significant role?
What summer heat?! The climate has become quite good in Bangalore.

This Varthur-Sarjapur area of Bangalore have become godforsaken place. It has become an identity of sorts for the locals there to engage in road rage.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 11th June 2024 at 17:12. Reason: words
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 20:56   #962
BHPian

Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Of all the road rage incidents that have been coming to spotlight in Bangalore, this is the most deplorable - An ambulance driver transporting a critically ill toddler attacked by a bunch of goons near a toll plaza in front a few policemen, the reason for the provocation beingthe ambulance driver was driving fast and overtook the Innova car!

https://www.indiatoday.in/cities/ben...408-2024-06-10

The video shows how the attackers are undeterred even when the policemen arrive at the scene. Also, the policemen's attempt to diffuse the situation looks meek. I have always maintained that the incidents being highlighted in Bangalore is no less or no more than what happens in other cities, but this incident leaves me with a sour feeling and dents my trust on the ability of the city police to keep law and order in check!
Out of all the road rage incident that we get to hear in Bangalore, this one is extremely distressful. In general, I have seen people giving priority to ambulance in worst of Bangalore traffic. I am sure this is an isolated case of ambulance being targeted for doing its duty.

I really felt sad for the parent of infants. They were literally begging to perpetrators. There is no mention of infants current condition. But lets hope that infant is doing alright.
VaibhaoT is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed