Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 17:30   #106
BHPian

Re: Road rage on the Ring road (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rselva View Post
@ Pradshiv
I believe the guy got scared when you said you will report to the police and just pretended calling some cop he knew. It is hilarious to hear some one say dimunitive Vespa hit a car and ran away! I can't imagine what case a traffic police can file even if a Vespa did hit a car in traffic.
In all probability, it could be a call to one of his friends as we see in films!!

But on a serious note, if we take it verbatim, he has not mentioned the car, and could pose as a pedestrian who has just been hit and run, and then the case looks very bad.
raghu.t.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 18:10   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

Keep calm, move on and let Karma do it's job, is the only mantra that works well
Actually, the karma was quite instant. As I neared home and took a turn, the guy was still shouting and crossing the road and a TATA Ace did hit him.
Pradshiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 18:36   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradshiv View Post
. A guy in an old Maruti 800 started honking continuously and when he overtook me, he suddenly cut into my lane trying to shock me or something. Further ahead, when he slowed down, I got a chance to ask him to drive safely.
I must say this could have got him to his nerves.
There are some people on the road, who would go nuts if they were told their driving is causing danger to others on the road / to themselves.
They are so and so, hence whatever they are doing is absolutely safe & cool, even if they are committing suicide. Road rules are just for the beginners & not for them.
Like you said, there are not many such morons on the road thankfully, so it is easy to spot them.
Once we identify someone to be one of such people, it is for our own good, we give them priority and let them have their way. We need to understand that, it is not because of lack of awareness that is making them drive dangerously - they just do not care about rules for whatever reason, and they probably could be intoxicated as well. So, telling them to drive safely will only help the cause of giving them a vent for their frustration, anger, time pass etc - in the form of road rage directed towards the person who tells them they are not doing right.

Let them take care of themselves. Let us take care of us. If someone drive dangerously, let us give him the way and not bother about telling him about his driving skills, so we reach our destinations peacefully.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 09:32   #109
BHPian

Hmm.. disgusting experience. I am sure you are doing the right thing by getting over it. Remember the law of garbage truck ..read the story here if you don't know what it is https://sites.google.com/site/positivethinkingclub/the-garbage-truck-story
tortoise is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 09:40   #110
Senior - BHPian

I have been through many such incidents. A month ago in front of ecospace, a auto driver who was quite old kept squeezing towards me and I honked and signalled to him why he was doing it. It got him riled up and he tried many times to come ahead of me and once he was next to me, I lowered the window and told him what he was doing.

He became very angry and stopped on the left side and took photo of my number plate and called someone. Not sure what the heck he was doing. I kept my calm and moved on.

Even yesterday a guy who had the helmet hanging on the side of his bike squeezed between a bus and my car and the helmet touched my front bumper. I honked and gestured and he came next to me and said, "What, stop". I told him calmly that his helmet might fall off and he moved ahead

Not sure whats the issue with these guys, mostly ego related. Its better to move on unless you have group of guys travelling with you and you are ready to take them on (not violently ofcourse).

Its one thing I always keep reminding my wife since she drives alone. There is no point wasting our time and our mood on most of these lowly creatures.

Last edited by srishiva : 7th June 2016 at 09:42.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 15:45   #111
BHPian

Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

I try my best to stay calm in crazy situations. But, at times, I get ticked off when someone, who is behind my vehicle, starts honking when he can see that I cannot move any quicker than what I am doing without violating norms (cutting off someone etc). I wave my hand asking what? and they usually stop that nonsense. I always think I should stop reacting, but it just happens spontaneously :(

Last edited by bblost : 7th June 2016 at 15:48. Reason: Foul language is NOT permitted.
null is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 18:10   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Kudos to you for staying calm. No point in getting in to a fight with someone for whom ego is above everything else.

You shouldn't have bothered to advice the guy to drive safely. Such morons aren't in any mood to listen and it further enrages them.

Keep calm, move on and let Karma do it's job, is the only mantra that works well
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Hmm.. disgusting experience. I am sure you are doing the right thing by getting over it. Remember the law of garbage truck ..read the story here if you don't know what it is https://sites.google.com/site/positi...ge-truck-story
Wow.. That is really very sensible. Thanks. It made my day.
Old 27th June 2016, 19:20   #113
BHPian

Witnessed a road rage incident a few minutes ago. An Indica Vista, driven by a lean and thin driver enters a small bye-lane from the main road. The lane is just adequate for a car and a bike, not for two cars. There's one tea shop at the start of the lane and some elderly people (age group 40-50) are having tea there on the lane itself. Now this Indica fellow honks so that the people give him the way since there is not enough space for him to go owing to the tea drinkers occupying the lane. Now because this guy honks 3-4 times, one of them gets angry and comes and begins to pound on the bonnet and hurl abuses. Others join in too with the typical "Do you know where you are" dialogues. The driver is terrified, folds his hands, says sorry a few times and leaves the moment they give way.

Left me perplexed. As to why have we become like this. Why do we need to show the "local people" attitude? Why do we need to block the roads to make it inconvenient for others? Why do we need to abuse our power over perceived weak people? What is so wrong with asking for way through rational honking?

Last edited by TD_GHY : 27th June 2016 at 19:22.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 07:44   #114
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Francis Xavier Barretto for sharing this video of a mad man in Hong Kong.

GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 08:20   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
for sharing this video of a mad man in Hong Kong.
At first when he hit the car, I thought it was all "settled" but the driver in that white car was relentless for a revenge for whatever reasons!

He keeps returning only with one thing on his mind - To just kill the victim.

Even those who were trying to help weren't spared as he pounces his machine right on them too. There was absolutely nothing that anyone could have done here.

Looks like the biggest savior is the other Taxi that was parked in a way that he could only circle but not come closer again to knock them down while he was being lifted and pulled back into the car else am sure they both would have got hit again!

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th June 2016 at 08:23.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 20:28   #116
Senior - BHPian

There is some law in China where if you KILL a person while driving you only pay an affordable fine. But if you only INJURE the person you have to pay for full medical treatment and compensation which can be very expensive. This is why several people in China if they hit someone , reverse and run over the victim to make sure they are dead !
Ghastly but true. Not sure if this was the intention of the driver in this case.
Old 1st July 2016, 20:42   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
There is some law in China where if you KILL a person while driving you only pay an affordable fine. But if you only INJURE the person you have to pay for full medical treatment and compensation which can be very expensive. This is why several people in China if they hit someone , reverse and run over the victim to make sure they are dead !
Ghastly but true. Not sure if this was the intention of the driver in this case.
There are several such videos on youtube which showes people actually reversing or hitting the person again to make sure they are dead, Very disturbing actually, I can see several new videos everyday of china which has road rages etc, I sometimes feel china is just a developed India, If you know what i mean.
Old 2nd July 2016, 00:33   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
... video of a mad man in Hong Kong.
Not surprising at all considering they kick their women drivers in the face ...
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:47   #119
BHPian

Looking at roag rage incidents in russia and china, I have started to believe that Indian drivers are quite forgiving.
At least they dont resort to fights, if they are cut off in lane.
May be its got to do with lack of lane decipline in India or its a result of 'swalpa adjust madi' culture, here in Bangalore
Old 2nd July 2016, 10:00   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Looking at roag rage incidents in russia and china, I have started to believe that Indian drivers are quite forgiving.
At least they dont resort to fights, if they are cut off in lane.
May be its got to do with lack of lane decipline in India or its a result of 'swalpa adjust madi' culture, here in Bangalore

The difference between China/Russia and India when it comes to brutality of road rage is that we don't have as many cameras on the roads or the dashboards.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks