Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 09:07   #1
Team-BHP Support

Euro NCAP's Best-in-Class Cars of 2012

Euro NCAP has announced the 2012 top choices for safety and the recommended vehicles in their class.
Some of these cars are relevant for Indian market, or will be in 2013 – BWW 3, Volvo V40, Hyundai Santa FE etc.

There are no Japanese entries in the list, but I am pleasantly surprised with the presence of Hyundai Santa FE there (as the Best in Class Large SUV). Its commendable the way the Koreans have evolved as a manufacturer in the recent years.

Here is the link to the full list:
http://www.euroncap.com/bestinclasscars2012.aspx
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 09:22   #2
BHPian

Considering the fact that India has the highest road accidents and road fatalities, its high time our government took measures to curb this.

1. Better emergency healthcare services post accident.

2. I think the EU has made a minimum of 6 airbags and ESP( Electronic Stability Control) safety features compulsory for all new cars being produced. Our governmemt can start this trend by atleast starting with ABS and making it compulsory!

3. As our country is dominated by 2 wheelers, the most effective and viable safety feature for a 2 wheeler in my perspective is ABS. This is because most of the accidents i have seen is due to skidding. I believe this can drastically reduce the number of road accidents.

4. Better roads and traffic flow management. Well, this is a long term goal and can't be implemented fully overnight. But its high time our government took it up seriously.
sharc_biker is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 10:12   #3
BHPian

Re: Euro NCAP's Best-in-Class Cars of 2012

All good points sharc biker, but I think there's a couple more which are even more important : driver-rider training and driving-riding license test procedures.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 8th April 2013, 12:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Euro NCAP's Best-in-Class Cars of 2012

Good to see the new 3 series topping the Large Family car segment & beating a VOLVO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks