Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2013, 14:05   #76
BHPian

Re: Buses in India: Lack of Emergency Exits, a recipe for disaster?

With the recent bus accident I thought private bus operators will become more responsible and would have taken necessary precautions. But as per few news paper reports this was not the case. There are reports Andhra transport department seized a Volvo coming from Bangalore carrying crackers.

How can anyone play with the lives of passengers like this. I feel government should revoke the license of such operators and seize all their buses.

reference:
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...-overtime.html
Old 5th November 2013, 15:01   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
With the recent bus accident I thought private bus operators will become more responsible and would have taken necessary precautions....
Why not Govt. Buses. They do run without taillights, indicators and without any safety. They increase fares indirectly. They don't have even insurance covering them.
Old 5th November 2013, 15:22   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Why not Govt. Buses. They do run without taillights, indicators and without any safety. They increase fares indirectly. They don't have even insurance covering them.
I was mentioning about private operators only because of the report which was reported in the news paper.

No offense mate, I completely agree with you, even I have seen and I have traveled in buses with no tail light, indicators etc. Its just sheer negligence shown towards passenger safety.
Old 8th November 2013, 05:29   #79
BHPian

After fire, Karnataka corpn buses to have emergency measures like airlines

Quote:
Days after 45 people were killed when a private bus headed from Bangalore to Hyderabad caught fire, the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC), which operates a fleet of 500 luxury buses, has decided to implement a safety and emergency drill on the lines of that followed by airlines.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/af...lines/1192305/
Old 8th November 2013, 10:25   #80
BHPian

This is a good move and long overdue. For ensuring that able bodied people are seated next to emergency exits., I think their web bookings terms and conditions will have to include a clause that crew can ask people to shift from their pre booked seats if situation warrants. The computer can be programmed to exclude these seats from being offered to children. In the case of airlines these seats are most of the time not allowed to be pre booked and at check in the staff are required to ensure that these seats are released only to people who are eligible.

The most important thing is to regulate what is being carried in the luggage bay.
Old 8th November 2013, 11:10   #81
nbr
BHPian

One more bus catches fire ,this time a TATA

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=200069

Source: Daijiworld.com
Old 16th January 2016, 01:10   #82
BHPian

Note to Mods: please move this post to appropriate thread if needed.

Admittedly, I haven't taken an inter city bus in India in at least 15 years, but have an idea of the new age coaches now making travel speedy and comfortable.
I've noticed on this thread that folks in bus accidents couldn't get out on time as the hammer to break the glass was missing, leading to casualties
A design I see on London buses eliminates the need for hammers altogether. I am wondering if this design is present in Indian buses?
Attached Thumbnails
Buses in India: Lack of Emergency Exits, a recipe for disaster?-1452886816472.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks