Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 11:56   #61
BHPian

Re: Can you have a fully-loaded vehicle without power-windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford-driver View Post

I would like to advice from my fellow BHPians about what to do. Is it possible to request Ford to give the top variant with manual rear-windows.

Or shall I again buy the base variant which now has Air bags but no ABS. I would be happy for the advice.
Always buy the variant that has ABS & the most number of airbags. Go for the titanium+ model which comes with 6 airbags. You can never be short of any safety features.

I hope Ford doesn't read your comment & start providing us the top model without power windows.
Old 27th August 2015, 19:57   #62
BHPian

Re: Electric locking & window mechanism. Boon or bane for Safety?

I would prefer anyday, abs, airbags and strong body structure over fancy electric locking and electric windows.

Going by recent incidents, that in case of accidents/fire/water ingress, usually electric switches conkoff, always mechanicals will the last thing to fail in devices, unlike in electricals/SW
Old 29th August 2015, 10:15   #63

Re: Can you have a fully-loaded vehicle without power-windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Always buy the variant that has ABS & the most number of airbags. Go for the titanium+ model which comes with 6 airbags. You can never be short of any safety features.

I hope Ford doesn't read your comment & start providing us the top model without power windows.
Thank you for your advice. I will go in for the top model and I have written to Ford about my concerns regarding the issue of a sure exit during emergencies if the auto-lock fails. Usually nothing would happen but rare events do occur.
ford-driver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks