Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 11:09   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life: Update from NHAI on page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Appreciate you following up on this diligently. Hopefully they will raze the walls down and prevent more accidents at this site.
Much thanks to my dad who doing the follow-ups diligently. Yes, now the visibility of oncoming traffic is better and hope it helps to avoid accidents.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:43   #107
BHPian

Arun, I saw your thread only today but going through every post has renewed the importance of buckling up before driving. My i20 keeps beeping till I wear the seat belt so I buckle up as soon I sit in the car.
RocketRaccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:01   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life: Update from NHAI on page 8

Update from NHAI: We received a call from NHAI saying all the required actions have been taken for the people crossing this section to get a clear view of the road. They refused to send a written communication with the actions taken though.

- There was a sign board at this intersection with the name of the town nearby for which people will have to take right/left. As per regulations, this should be placed at around 100 meters or more before the intersection so that people can slow down accordingly instead of braking at the last moment. They have now moved this board well before the intersection.

Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8-snap1.jpg

- Also, they have reduced the height of the parapet wall(both sides) on this bridge. Few weeks back, the height was reduced on one side only.

Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8-20160501_065650.jpg

There is a clear view now for both people crossing the road and as well as the drivers approaching this intersection. As mentioned before, they could have done a clean work while bringing down the height of the parapet wall.

Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8-20160501_065719.jpg

Here is the before pic with the sign board exactly at the intersection and height of the wall which was obstructing the view,

Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8-snapaccspot.jpg

IF this intersection was constructed according to the NHAI norms right at the beginning, numerous accidents could have been avoided and many lives could've been saved.

Last edited by arun_josie : 3rd May 2016 at 09:14.
arun_josie is online now   (46) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:11   #109
Senior - BHPian

re: Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Update from NHAI: We received a call from NHAI saying all the required actions have been taken for the people crossing this section to get a clear view of the road. They refused to send a written communication with the actions taken though.
Your persistence has paid off, well done and thank you!!

What about the cases though?
fine69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:33   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Your persistence has paid off, well done and thank you!!

What about the cases though?
Its pending at consumer court. I think it might take couple of years to end.

The one in high court(Public-Interest Litigation) is closed as court ordered NHAI to fix the irregularities on this intersection.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 22:36   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Official communication from NHAI

Official communication from NHAI:

Here is an official confirmation from NHAI that they have taken action and met the IRC67(INDIAN ROADS CONGRESS)regulations to make this intersection more safer. This response was after we raised a RTI request.

In this response they have agreed to take action on all similar intersections/accident spots as well, where the regulations are not met(those spots falling under Madurai jurisdiction).

Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8-img20160612wa0014.jpg

Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8-img20160612wa0013.jpg

Pics taken by them while reducing the height of the wall that was blocking the view. As per the above letter, "Alternative arrangement of Metal beam crash barrier will be provided at the earliest".

Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8-img20160612wa0012.jpg

Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life. Update from NHAI on page 8-img20160612wa0011.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 08:23   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Official communication from NHAI

A hard braking situation at the same accident spot/intersection during my previous drive to hometown. A careless trucker joined the highway without any indication.

arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks