Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2014, 18:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra, Sunny to be recalled over faulty airbags

Bumping a dormant thread, any updates from anyone. @GTO & Dr. any updates from your end? If yes could you provide details?
Old 19th November 2014, 16:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
After many an e-mail from me, the customer care responded and wanted my contact number and vehicle registration number.
Can you share the Email address here? I have mailed them twice on the address given on there website under the recall category and haven't even received a customary acknowledgment yet. Absolutely ridiculous behavior.
Old 20th November 2014, 16:58   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Well finally Nissan service centre decided to mail back and as with thoma above they asked me for the car details which I had shared with them already in every mail I sent. Anyways after sending the details once again, they have mailed back today saying that my car is not part of the recall. My car is April, 2012 make. Hence honestly I am unsure whats going on here as there recall notice clearly states that cars made in 2012 are part of the recall. Anyways for now I guess, I will have to just enjoy the car.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 19:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hence honestly I am unsure whats going on here as there recall notice clearly states that cars made in 2012 are part of the recall.
Call me pessimistic, for the same reason above, I'd be surprised if we get to know at least one recall.

The mail id was the one from their website. But at least their website now says about the recall, albeit, with some strange wordings (see the one in bold)!

Quote:
Nissan is conducting a voluntary recall campaign on Micra and Sunny vehicles in India regarding a driver airbag concern that was reported to Nissan by airbag supplier Takata from May 2010 to July 2012.
No incidents have been reported associated with Nissan vehicles. To ensure Nissan India Quality standards, we will voluntarily correct affected cars without any cost to customers.
Quote:
Safety first. Always.
Indeed!
Old 21st November 2014, 14:59   #20
BANNED

Just dropped an email for my 2011 model Micra petrol. Let's see what they have for me.

Tried their twitter account, but they directed me to send email.
Old 21st November 2014, 16:39   #21
BANNED

(Sorry moderators for back to back post, but can't resists to post)

That would be one of the quickest reply from customer care in email format. My car does not fall under recall category.
Email sent at 21 November 2014 2:57 PM and received at 3:11 PM.
Old 21st November 2014, 16:59   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

This is strange. They mentioned cars between 2010 and 2012 are affected. So did they have selective batches of faulty parts even during this tenure? Can we trust the customer care team completely?
Old 21st November 2014, 18:33   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Can we trust the customer care team completely?
Exactly. May be what we are getting is a standard reply to avoid media sensitization.
Just pray that we never have to use the feature.
Old 21st November 2014, 19:28   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Exactly. May be what we are getting is a standard reply to avoid media sensitization.
Just pray that we never have to use the feature.
Exactly echoed my thought process right now. I am now left undecided and unsure about the safety aspect of my ride. Only calming thing in my case is that the car is used exclusively within city limits.
Old 25th November 2014, 17:47   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nissan's typically lame way of handling matters.

A responsible manufacturer would have a VIN-check tool on their website (as some others have) where you can see if your car is part of the recall. Not Nissan, they're either sleeping, busy with the export market or thinking of launching yet another brand in India.

The incompetent dealer doesn't have a clue. Upon prodding him, he says that my car isn't part of the '1st list'. He's waiting for the '2nd list' and can't confirm whether my car will be on it or not.

Basically, he spoke a lot....but gave no real information at all.

Quote:
So did they have selective batches of faulty parts even during this tenure?
Frequently the case. Not necessary that all cars manufactured in a certain period are defective.
Old 26th November 2014, 08:18   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A responsible manufacturer would have a VIN-check tool on their website (as some others have) where you can see if your car is part of the recall.
That is how an owner should be able to check if his vehicle falls under the recall list or not. That is a foolproof method & is a lot easy for the end consumer as well as the manufacturer.

VIN check was very handy when Ford recalled the Figo for Rear Twist Beam Replacement recall, while my car was not on the list, upon verifying it in person, they did change the RTB.

Even globally I think manufacturers would be sticking to this method. Surprised to see Nissan opting out of it.
Old 26th November 2014, 08:51   #27
BANNED

As I remember, when they had the break cylinder recall issues, they had a VIN check link on their website. Wondering what happened this time. Are they afraid of media negative publicity?

Most Viewed