Team-BHP - What safety equipment does your car have?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   What safety equipment does your car have? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/157254-what-safety-equipment-does-your-car-have.html)

Of late there have been several arguments and debates related to safety on many a threads. Many forum members (including myself) have been accused of adopting a condescending attitude whenever we have demanded that Indian cars be made safer. I found the overall approach a bit too subjective, and I thought I should make it more objective by designing a poll.

While taking the poll, please select the option applicable to your daily drive or most frequently used car (in case you have more than one). I do hope I have provided all applicable safety kit options in my poll.

This forum takes safety very seriously, and we have always promoted safe driving. I think it is high time we started promoting safe cars as well.

Thanks.

This will make more sense if we had the option of (Seatbelts + ABS) as I believe most cars have ABS than airbags.

A good topic to begin with. However, why restrict it to private vehicles only? Why India cannot have strict safety rules for public transport vehicles like cabs, vans and buses too?

An additional question, how many of you wear seatbelts when sitting in the middle or the back and request others to do so as well?

All my cars have 2 airbags + ABS and more. The only one not to have them is the Innova and the next vehicle to replace it will most definitely have all of these too.

To be honest it is futile to discuss how many balloons are there in your car. Rather we should ask how many of us regularly wear seat belts. Most of the Indian population still wears a seat belt only for escaping a challan and not otherwise. And the cities ( which includes most Indian cities) where the law is not enforced, you won't find a single guy wearing the belt. Heck they don't even respect traffic signals here in Vadodara and Ahmedabad!!

I drive the modest Wagon R CNG. Though I value Airbags and ABS very much, since Maruti in all its wisdom decided to provide the factory fitted kit in only its base version, had no choice but to go for it.

Whenever I upgrade, I will ensure that the next car has all the safety features. Even if this means I may have to stretch my budget, will wait for a couple of more months but then this safety loaded option will be non negotiable!!

I will never buy a car without airbags and ABS. The more airbags, the merrier.

When I bought my Spark in 2008, I was on a tight budget and also not as informed as I was when I bought the Rapid. I got the Spark LT without the (O)ption pack, which would have included ABS and an airbag (and alloys). I regretted that later, and am much happier now with the Rapid. My next car will have ESP and at least 4 airbags (side) as well, as one may be careful to not end up crashing, but could very well be crashed into.

A key factor in my decision to go for a used Civic over a Brand new Dzire VXI was safety features.

But yes, the Civic does provide a lot more :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by latentpotential (Post 3571573)
An additional question, how many of you wear seatbelts when sitting in the middle or the back and request others to do so as well?

The question can also be : How many of us leave the seat belt latches out in the middle or back after getting new swanky seat covers?:Frustrati

I have a habit of wearing the seat belts (for a simple reason that it helps keep me stay comfortable in the seat) but, find the belts missing in my friend's car altogether when I have to sit back. As a result, either I drive the car or make sure I sit in the front.:)

My car has ABS+Seat belts.. I should have gone for Airbags as well.

Please add ABS+Seat belts in the poll option as may cars have ABS but no Airbags.

My car has seat-belts only.
It was my mistake for not considering other safety features (neither they were available in the segment from any manufacturer) when we purchased it back in 2007.
However my next acquisition is going to have them for sure, I will simply not buy a new car if I cannot afford it with all safety features enabled.

We brought a zen in 2000 and that did not have any safety options. But I took my Fiesta with ABS and Airbags and all my future car purchases will be with all the safety options. No compromise on safety.

I think with roads opening up and vehicles moving faster and faster, safety is all important. Another major issue is incoming vehicles driven rashly (often with drunk drivers), should they bang right into you.

T-Jet

We bought our present car in 2002, when not too many options were available. The car was a Zen and it came with 5 passenger seatbelts. My next car will have all safety features built-in, i.e. Airbags, ABS, etc. If I cannot afford a new car with these features, I would prefer going the used car way for them. This is all I can say in my defense.

Thanks,
Saket