Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 19:06   #46
BHPian

Re: Would ABS or Airbags have helped? Data from Hundreds of Indian accidents analysed...

Somebody should come up with a proximity sensor which identifies other vehicles (primarily two wheelers) which cut across diagonally and onto a collision course.

I see a lot of two wheelers (TW) being driven like they walk around in their house. Weaving around traffic, overtaking on the wrong side without thinking they will be on the blind spot of a truck/bus driver. In fact, I observed a large number of TW - Heavy vehicle accidents involve the smaller vehicle being hit from the left side of the bigger one. When I in a small car find it difficult to spot a TW suddenly sneaking from the left side, just imagine the plight of the truck or bus driver.
vivriti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 12:34   #47
BHPian

Re: Would ABS or Airbags have helped? Data from Hundreds of Indian accidents analysed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
Somebody should come up with a proximity sensor which identifies other vehicles (primarily two wheelers) which cut across diagonally and onto a collision course.

I see a lot of two wheelers (TW) being driven like they walk around in their house. Weaving around traffic, overtaking on the wrong side without thinking they will be on the blind spot of a truck/bus driver. In fact, I observed a large number of TW - Heavy vehicle accidents involve the smaller vehicle being hit from the left side of the bigger one. When I in a small car find it difficult to spot a TW suddenly sneaking from the left side, just imagine the plight of the truck or bus driver.
This is specially true in Chennai where two wheeler riders seem to think that it is legal to ride anywhere that the bike is able to go (wrong side of the lane, on pedestrian footpath, sneaking between two stationary vehicles at a signal that have may be a foot of space between them). Also, the increasing number of illegal bike racers on roads like OMR, Velachery Main Road, Gandhi Mandapam Road after about 9 pm is positively hair raising.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks