Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 14:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun Go to get safer - will get stronger body, airbags, ABS

Actually the only news was that Datsun "Was working towards improving the structural strength". Whether they actually did it is not yet certain, more so since there has been no upward revision to the prices to reflect the change on the structural rigidity.

The 15k rise can be solely attributed to the addition of the Airbag. This is not very convincing.
Old 17th June 2015, 16:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Actually the only news was that Datsun "Was working towards improving the structural strength". Whether they actually did it is not yet certain, more so since there has been no upward revision to the prices to reflect the change on the structural rigidity.

The 15k rise can be solely attributed to the addition of the Airbag. This is not very convincing.
No, this has been implemented and is not just a news. The steel used for making white body has a revised tensile strength of 520 MPa

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rbags-abs.html
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 16:38   #48
BHPian

This is pointing back to this same thread (which says Datson Go to get). Where is the source that says they have done it? I'd be very happy if they've done it, but need the correct impeccable source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
No, this has been implemented and is not just a news. The steel used for making white body has a revised tensile strength of 520 MPa

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rbags-abs.html

Last edited by jetti : 17th June 2015 at 16:41.
Old 17th June 2015, 16:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Apart from adding airbags, the manufacturer is working on a stronger body shell for the car with the use of higher grade steel and reinforcements. The metal used in the car has now got a tensile level of 520 mega pascal - 200 mega pascal more than earlier. Side beams on both sides have been added to beef up the car's strength and rigidity. Nissan is also providing ABS on the Go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Quote from the earlier post. Have marked the important words in bold, which leave a lot to interpretation. For me, I got confused with "working on" and "has now got", and paid more importance to the former.

If they actually have already started using high grade steel which is 200 mega pascal more than earlier, it is better. Just that I did not see the cost being passed on to the price of the car and this is the sole reason for my interpretation as such .
Old 17th June 2015, 18:13   #50
BHPian

I agree. This is a good move but would like to wait for the actual NCAP results before popping the champagne. However there is no doubt that Nissan knows how to make safe & robust cars so it shouldn't be a problem.

The only question remains, What happens to those who have already bought the car? Or do they deserve to suffer for just not caring enough about safety before buying the car?

Hopefully this also makes companies like MS take safety more seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nug1 View Post
Well done Nissan. This is encouraging to see action based on feedback they received from the NCAP results.

This gesture gets even more amplified when seen in complete contrast to Maruti's Chairman ridiculous and irresponsible statement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks