Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 12:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent gets additional features - ABS now standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
The dealer might be holding some old inventory which was not equipped woth ABS and will be trying to sell it as such by misquoting. Try visiting another showroom in your city to find out the truth and better still get the vehicle's VIN to trace its month of production.
Thanks. This is what I am also thinking. I will clarify with the dealer regarding this before making the booking. I would like to take the latest version with ABS instead of the older one. Will check with other dealers in my city as well.
Old 30th September 2015, 13:49   #17
BHPian

Has the Xcent prices increased or has Hyundai managed to put the ABS with the same price?

Hyundai please add airbags too.
(I think they are waiting for the next compact sedan to get released!)
Old 30th September 2015, 14:01   #18
BHPian

Strange they have equipped all variants with ABS when airbags are still not provided in all variants. ABS is an important feature but airbags are a must these days. VW and Toyota have provided airbags across all models. Airbags being axed for ABS is a daft idea in the Indian context
Old 30th September 2015, 14:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
C1 segment is going to be crowded now, with each manufacturers gearing up to release sub 4m sedans.
As far as we know, VW (Polo CS), Tata (Kite Sedan), Renault / Nissan (something out of their CMF-A architecture), Chevrolet (Beat CS) have future plans for compact sedans, while there is already the Dzire, Amaze, Zest and Aspire in competition.
With the increase in the number of new releases, except for Dzire (being market leader), all others will settle down to 3K units or less per month. My opinion is that, having safety features or not having them will not affect their sales aspect a lot. If we get the data of how many % of Aspire buyers actually buy the top version with 6 airbags, the answer will be clear.

Having said that, I do believe that all the manufacturers should come forward to add at least 2 airbags, ABS, front & rear fog lamps, rear wiper/washer & rear defogger as their standard offering in all the variants of their cars. These should be standard & not the ones offered in top version alone.
Old 30th September 2015, 15:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Last week I went to a Hyundai showroom. The sales executive said the S version doesn't come with ABS. But the Hyundai web site says ABS as standard across all variants including the Base variant. Can someone throw any light on this? Thanks.
This is what I was told too. I test drove the Xcent last weekend. The base and the top variant (SX) come with ABS, but the mid variant S doesn't. The sales guy said the earlier model had ABS in the mid variant but its now removed.

BTW, how does the poor Latin NCAP rating of the grand i10 reflect on the Xcent? would the Xcent bodyshell be just as unsafe as the grand? Any insights would be appreciated!

Last edited by veyron_head : 30th September 2015 at 15:25. Reason: added a few words
Old 30th September 2015, 18:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Has the Xcent prices increased or has Hyundai managed to put the ABS with the same price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
This is what I was told too. I test drove the Xcent last weekend. The base and the top variant (SX) come with ABS, but the mid variant S doesn't. The sales guy said the earlier model had ABS in the mid variant but its now removed.
I checked with a dealer. Indeed ABS has been made standard across variants.

For the S version I am interested in, the older car without ABS has an on-road price of Rs. ~6.60 lacs. The same version with ABS now costs Rs. ~6.81 lacs on road. So there is a price hike of Rs. ~20k. (I don't think the earlier car got a price reduction of Rs. ~20k now)

It seems recently there were changes in features, variants, and prices for some models, esp. Eon, Xcent, and Elite I20.

This is all mighty confusing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks