Team-BHP > Road Safety


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2020, 16:27   #106
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Lyon
Posts: 54
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Sub-15 lakh cars with 6 Airbags in India

Bumping up an old thread, I think there are many new entrants in under 15 lakhs(on road) list now:

Sonet
Venue
Aspire/freestyle/figo/ecosport
City
Yaris
XUV300

Anything else I'm missing?

And which one out of these has best Euro NCAP or IIHS ratings? ( I think Asian, Australia, Brazilian NCAP don't count)

Last edited by Aditya : 11th October 2020 at 17:27. Reason: Typo
Gurgaon_lyon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 18:10   #107
BHPian
 
akash_v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Pune | Mumbai
Posts: 852
Thanked: 2,214 Times
Default Re: Sub-15 lakh cars with 6 Airbags in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgaon_lyon View Post
Bumping up an old thread, I think there are many new entrants in under 15 lakhs(on road) list now:
And which one out of these has best Euro NCAP or IIHS ratings? ( I think Asian, Australia, Brazilian NCAP don't count)
Technically speaking, Euro NCAP or IIHS ratings are actually invalid in India since most cars in India are usually based on a different platform than the ones sold abroad.
Let us take the Sonet & Venue. In India, they are based on a modified K1 (Santro) Platform, whereas in North America they are based on an Accent/Verna platform IIRC.

So, as per Indian standards, the XUV3OO has the highest crash test rating followed by the Nexon & Altroz.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 12th October 2020 at 18:11. Reason: Quote Shortened!
akash_v12 is online now  
Old 13th October 2020, 03:17   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 3,103
Thanked: 5,101 Times
Default Re: Sub-15 lakh cars with 6 Airbags in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Technically speaking, Euro NCAP or IIHS ratings are actually invalid in India since most cars in India are usually based on a different platform than the ones sold abroad.
So true Euro NCAP or IIHS ratings can only be safely applied to cars that are CBU/CKD or above the 20 lac price range where they are not specifically designed and engineered to suit our country's needs per se.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Let us take the Sonet & Venue. In India, they are based on a modified K1 (Santro) Platform, whereas in North America they are based on an Accent/Verna platform IIRC.
That is seriously impressive if it is true because IIRC, the current gen Verna/Accent is based on the Elantra platform and thus enjoys a huge bump up in driving dynamics and composure when compared to City/Ciaz or previous generations of the car.
IshaanIan is online now  
Old 13th October 2020, 04:44   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central IL
Posts: 2,748
Thanked: 6,040 Times
Default Re: Sub-15 lakh cars with 6 Airbags in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgaon_lyon View Post

Anything else I'm missing?
If you're buying a cars among the listed one, I'd pick Yaris as Toyota will generally not make modifications which would compromise structural integrity. This is a safe assumption based on their commitment with the Etios & Liva.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Let us take the Sonet & Venue. In India, they are based on a modified K1 (Santro) Platform, whereas in North America they are based on an Accent/Verna platform IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
That is seriously impressive if it is true because IIRC
Please check this thread out: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...kia-sonet.html
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 10:23   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Lyon
Posts: 54
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Sub-15 lakh cars with 6 Airbags in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
If you're buying a cars among the listed one, I'd pick Yaris as Toyota will generally not make modifications which would compromise structural integrity. This is a safe assumption based on their commitment with the Etios & Liva.
This again would be an assumption, though I kind of agree with that perception but some real data would be more helpful.

Also I'm trying to search forum for a list of price vs safety in Indian cars but search is not bringing up much except this thread. I think it can be a good pointer for car search in each segment.
Gurgaon_lyon is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks