Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda City gets standard dual airbags, black interior variant

The 4th generation Honda City has been updated in India. Dual front airbags, along with rear seat ISOFIX and top tether anchors for child seats will now be offered as standard across the variant range. Earlier, the lower variants were equipped with a driver airbag only (ABS + EBD was standard across the range).

The City also gets a new VX (O) BL variant that sports all-black interiors, including black leather seats.

The VX (O) BL variant is positioned and priced alongside existing VX (O) grade that is available with a dual-tone (beige and black) interior theme. The variant is available with petrol & diesel engines, mated with five and six-speed manual gearboxes respectively. The black interior can only be opted for only with 'Premium White Orchid Pearl' and 'Alabaster Silver' exterior colours.

Honda City gets standard dual airbags, black interior variant-6.jpg
Tushar is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:13   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda City gets standard dual airbags, black interior variant

That is wonderful news! God Bless the Maruti Ciaz and it's strong sales which has forced Honda to make such a welcome move.

I checked the Honda website and yes, it is updated! So people, if you have booked the lower versions of the City, please double-check with your dealer and ensure you get the new model.

PS: Hyundai are you listening? Please equip the Verna (Base) and (S) with at-least 2 airbags! It might help your cause.

Last edited by nivatakavacha : 22nd January 2016 at 15:15. Reason: more info
nivatakavacha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:46   #3
BHPian

This is indeed great news. While everyone's talking about the safety features like airbags and ABS, I am more impressed by the availability of ISOFIX. ISOFIX should be made mandatory as it helps in keeping our child safe. Apart from that, Black interiors are a blessing. Forget about them making the interior space look limited, They make the maintaining of the interiors that much less painful. Wish my Linea had black interiors, what with a dark chocolate obsessed wife as a co-passenger and me keeping an eye on her habit so that the seats don't get messed up

No wonder as competition intensifies, consumers are the ones to gain.

Last edited by Vinodh_Gowda : 22nd January 2016 at 15:52.
Vinodh_Gowda is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:15   #4
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This is very welcome indeed! Whether it's the impact of Global-NCAP crash testing a few Indian cars or the need to pass the upcoming mandatory crash tests (not equivalent to NCAP tests), all manufacturers are waking up one by one and adding safety features across the range, either as standard or at least as an option. I hope standard availability becomes the norm soon, although even optional is welcome for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
PS: Hyundai are you listening? Please equip the Verna (Base) and (S) with at-least 2 airbags!
Although their website still hasn't been updated, I'm quite sure you must have missed this:

Quote:
The 2016 Verna is available in four variants – Base, S, SX and the SX (O). All variants now come with standard dual airbags. The base variant gets the option of a 1.4-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines mated to a manual gearbox.
Source: http://m.autocarindia.com/article.as...9418&type=News

The 4S Fluidic Verna has had standard ABS (with EBD) since the facelift and the 2016 variants get 2 standard airbags. So all 2016 Hyundai Verna variants come with 2 airbags & ABS as standard features!

Also, the top variants get additional side + curtain airbags (a total of 6 airbags), which makes the Verna the only car in its class to get them. The top variant (diesel only) of Nissan Sunny also gets side (but not curtain) airbags, for a total of 4. All others get only a maximum of 2 front airbags.

Last edited by RSR : 22nd January 2016 at 16:40.
RSR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:22   #5
BHPian

This is a great move. One more manufacturer going the standard safety features way. I hope they introduce this on the Jazz as well. I'm one customer that Honda missed out on because of the absence of the safety features in the lower variants of the Jazz. Also good to know is the inclusion of ISOFIX. Makes that much more safer for the kids as well now. Now I just hope people move over from carrying their kids on their laps.
farooq817 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:22   #6
BHPian

Welcome change. IMO it will be a great looking interior.

However, they have again skipped these changes on the CVT model. Why cant we have the option of a fully loaded CVT Petrol with black Option.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2016 at 09:47. Reason: Spacing
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:58   #7
Team-BHP Support

So manufacturers are finally realising that Black is back and you can't change that

The Ciaz with the black interiors RS model and now the City with the black interiors is a welcome change.

The Black cabin actually uplifts the cabin quality imo and hides some of the cheap fittings Honda and Maruti has used in the City and Ciaz.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:39   #8
BHPian

Nice to see Honda back to the ways of the 3rd Gen Model where safety features were standard across variants. Hope they cascade this to the Jazz/Amaze/Brio/Mobilio as well. So this may carry forward into the BR-V too? ( hope Hyundai is keeping an ear on the ground - the 2 base models of the Creta do not come with any airbags )
The Observer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:44   #9
BHPian

Come on Honda, do this in the JAZZ now. JAZZ CVT @ 8 lac on road in Mumbai will be a compelling buy. Currently only the top end JAZZ Auto comes with ABS Airbag.
manishkapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 09:15   #10

All black interiors with some nice lights inside the cabin with safety features for all variants is a welcome move. Hyundai must update their verna ASAP else it's of no use. Seems they want to join the party late. This is one category which is creating revenue losses to Hyundai and need to be addressed immediately.
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:01   #11
BHPian

Are these color options available on the automatic variants? Although I do not have a problem with the interior colors used currently, my preference is for all black interiors!

But why are they limiting these options to just 2 exterior colors?

Last edited by GTO : 25th January 2016 at 14:14. Reason: Typos
Old 23rd January 2016, 15:32   #12
BHPian

I'm glad manufacturers are offering different interior trims. Although restrictive currently, I hope the day isn't far when the customer can choose exterior and interior colors!

I for one would have liked my City with the black interiors.

All in all, a good move!
Old 23rd January 2016, 16:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

The previous gen Honda City had dual air bags as standard across all variants. And black interiors is a welcome move, was bit bored by beige interiors being used on City for a long long time.

Hope the pricing remains the same.

PS - So is this the change all about? What about exteriors? With Auto Expo setting in, I was hoping for a facelifted City to hit the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks