Team-BHP - Mitsubishi recalls 2,400 Cedias over airbag inflator defect
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Mitsubishi recalls 2,400 Cedias over airbag inflator defect (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/172604-mitsubishi-recalls-2-400-cedias-over-airbag-inflator-defect.html)

Mitsubishi Motors has recalled approximately 2,400 Cedia sedans in India. The vehicles covered in the recall were produced between 2006 and 2008, and the cars are being recalled to refit the passenger side airbag. This is part of a global exercise by Mitsubishi Motors - Japan, relating to airbag inflators.

Mitsubishi will undertake these replacements free of cost at HMFCL - Mitsubishi dealerships across India in a phased manner, starting from January 25, 2016. Customers can check if their car has been affected by placing an enquiry at the nearest authorized dealer. Alternatively, owners can send in a mail to customersupport@hmfcl.com with the vehicle's chassis number to understand the applicability. Other Mitsubishi vehicles in India have not been affected by the airbag inflator issue.

Mitsubishi recalls 2,400 Cedias over airbag inflator defect-1.jpg

*Image for representation only.

Interesting,and that's quite some commitment from Mitsubishi, for a car whose production ceased few years ago! I can't recollect a similar recall in India, or am I missing any? Whatsoever, good to see some news around the Cedia, it was a fab machine indeed!

Welcome move. Always happy to see manufacturers correcting errors free of cost.

Honestly, it's very easy for even a small manufacturer like HM-Mitsubishi to run a recall in India today. First, there's no damage to reputation as recalls have become commonplace and everyone is doing it. Second, with such a tiny dealer network, I'll be surprised if even 300 Cedias come in for correction. The models in question are now 8 - 10 years old and their owners (now the 2nd or 3rd owner) will either be un-contactable, unaware or simply not interested.

Yep. Mine is 8 years old, first worshipper, but as GTO said, simply not interested. Just because, when they remove and refit I am not sure it would have the same integrity, as most of their trained technicians have moved to Hyundai / Mercedez / Nissan etc. in Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3898466)
Welcome move. Always happy to see manufacturers correcting errors free of cost.

The models in question are now 8 - 10 years old and their owners (now the 2nd or 3rd owner) will either be un-contactable, unaware or simply not interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajaTaurus (Post 3898473)
Yep. Mine is 8 years old, first worshipper, but as GTO said, simply not interested. Just because, when they remove and refit I am not sure it would have the same integrity, as most of their trained technicians have moved to Hyundai / Mercedez / Nissan etc. in Chennai.

I am the 2nd owner of my 2008 Cedia. Though i am yet to be contacted, like you both have mentioned, I am just no longer interested. They do not have even the most basic of spare parts at their service centers and after ordering a steering oil kit around 1 month back, I am yet to receive it. When it's difficult to get parts that are important for the car to continue running on the road, there is no use rectifying the air bags.

I am seriously planning to sell my Cedia while Mitsubishi is still having operations in India.

This is good news. I have a Dec 2006 Cedia. I am not sure at the moment if I would like the air bag replaced.

Are those all the Cedias sold in India?

Sorry couldn't resist:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3899157)
Are those all the Cedias sold in India?

Sorry couldn't resist:uncontrol

In 3 years between 2006-2008. Assuming it sold 800 cars a year, extrapolating it makes it a total of 6000-7000 cars max lol:.