Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 10:50   #16
BHPian

re: Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!

I welcome this move from Hyundai though it's just from sales perspective.
The heat from Swift, Tiago and Figo, Hyundai is quick enough to standardize Airbag before the facelifted Grand i10 arrives.

The ABS is available in top end trim only. I am appalled to see how the safety has been treated like a mere feature.
ERA and Magna = One Airbag
Sportz = Two Airbags
Asta(O) = Two Airbags + ABS

You get what you pay for, very subtle Hyundai.
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 11:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maruti does that but I heard that they wouldn't deliver a car with such options on time or would come up with some story and make buyer get the next model ( like LXi + abs buyer etc will become a VXi one).

I guess Renault India started the trend of airbag as option with Pulse and then Kwid too came with it for 12k extra.
I'm not targeting any car manufacturer directly, but usually i have seen that products which have Airbag as an option are not available in the showrooms, even for display or many a times not even in a stock.

So, relatively this takes time for delivery if we consider Non-Airbag variant is readily available in stock & with Airbag one isn't & usually this creates a virtual gap in customer's mind & hence customer many a time avoids it.

So, voluntarily if dealers can display accessory laden variants in their showroom, then why not with an Airbag one to create Awareness & customer interest.

I'm sure, some right amount of awareness & easy availability will definitely will encourage users to opt for such variants.

Yes, one thing more, usually Horn pad in vehicles fitted with Airbag is a bit hard & stiff to operate. So Auto companies should find something innovative for its easy operation.

Last edited by GTO : 12th April 2016 at 11:22. Reason: Typos
Old 12th April 2016, 11:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!

Kudos to Hyundai for offering safety features as standard.

Much better than creating hype with optional safety pack, which never reaches the customer.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 15:04   #19
BHPian

Re: Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!

Dear Fellow Bhpians,

Great move by Hyundai India, on offering driver airbag standard across all variants in Grand i10 and Xcent models.

It is a much needed move, as Grand i10 scored a 0 star in Latin NCAP safety ratings.

But they have silently omitted one of the essential feature like luggage lamp from their Magna & Sportz variants, which they use to provide earlier.

Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!-grand-i10-luggage-lamps.jpg

My Grand i10 MY 2015, Magna variant is equipped with Luggage lamp.

IMAGE SOURCE:- HYUNDAI INDIA OFFICIAL WEBSITE(DESKTOP VIEW)

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 12th April 2016 at 15:20. Reason: Added text.
Car's Paradise is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 15:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Kudos to Hyundai for offering safety features as standard.

Much better than creating hype with optional safety pack, which never reaches the customer.

Rohan
But I still think Maruti's method is better, because you can get dual airbags and ABS with small premium (Rs 15-20K). You don't need to go for higher variants if you want dual airbags and ABS.

Having said this, the ideal would be to have the dual airbags and ABS as standard on all cars.
Old 12th April 2016, 23:45   #21
BHPian

Its still not clear for me whether the AT variant comes with Dual Airbags/ABS. Is it finally available now on Grand i10 AT? Also does the AT variant comes now in both Magna and Asta Variants or only Asta(O) variant? Its not clear from Hyundai's website.
samabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 09:25   #22
BHPian

Thank you Tiago! God bless competition. I guess it will take the Kite 5 sedan for Hyundai to start offering ABS as standard!

Maruti meanwhile should make the ABS and Airbags standard across all variants if the price difference is just about 15k.

Why put the onus on the Indian buyer with the option packs when they know that most are unaware of the importance of safety features! This is where you realise that most of the businesses follow very little corporate responsibility.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 06:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Its still not clear for me whether the AT variant comes with Dual Airbags/ABS. Is it finally available now on Grand i10 AT? Also does the AT variant comes now in both Magna and Asta Variants or only Asta(O) variant? Its not clear from Hyundai's website.
Confirmed with Hyundai dealer that it now indeed comes with Dual Airbags/ABS on the Asta(O) Variant. A much needed option that is missing in AT variant from the beginning. On road price in Bangalore is 8.48L and they are throwing in 25K cash discount with an additional 30k exchange bonus.
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 06:53   #24
BHPian

The brochure suggests the AT is also available in the Sportz trim that now comes with a single driver-side airbag. Can someone confirm this?
Old 14th April 2016, 09:05   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Even I thought airbag components are imported. I understood about the localisation part during accident repairs of sx4. Body shop manager showed me part numbers of airbag components and most of them were MGP (which has a M in part number). Entire airbag assembly with seat belt pre tensioners of baleno is made by Takata India. Manufacturers are able to make safety features standard due to localisation and sourcing cheaper products from China. I am posting the pics of pre tensioner equipped seat belts of baleno.
Isn't takata the same company who recalled huge number of airbags
Did you find out if your airbag qualified in the recall program ?
Old 14th April 2016, 11:05   #26
BHPian

I recently picked up the Grand i10, and went in for the top end Asta (Option) primarily because it was the only variant being offered with airbags and ABS.

Good to know that they have started giving importance to safety features now, and one won't have to shell out a lot for the top-end model to get such safety features.
Old 14th April 2016, 14:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Do you guys really think this is a Tiago effect? Wake up.
i10 would compete with the Tiago, not the Grande i10 et all.

With almost all manufacturers bringing in Airbags standard, what we are seeing is that the manufacturers are gearing up their cars for the 2017 / 2019 safety ratings.

We also see that Hyundai has completely ignored the i10 in this, although the Eon gets an optional pack. This could be because i10 is already pretty long in the tooth and they would have plans to discontinue it before 2019.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 14th April 2016 at 14:31.
Old 24th April 2016, 17:32   #28
BHPian

I'm from Delhi.

I've recently booked a Grand i10 Asta Petrol in Wine Red colour.
The delivery is scheduled on 28-04-2016.

The variant does not have Airbag + ABS.

I have not taken delivery.
Loan papers have also not been signed.
I do have signed the booking form and paid an advance amount of Rs. 25,000/-.
But the salesperson is saying that invoice has been prepared and he has also allotted me 2 temporary numbers to beat odd-even.

They are delivering me the car they have in stock.
VIN No. indicates that manufacturing year is 2016.
But it does not mention the month as the dealer does not have last 2 digits of VIN No.

Since Asta variant has been discontinued, should I ask him for the latest model Asta (O) with Airbag + ABS or should I go with Asta variant (w/o Airbag + ABS) that I'm getting?
What would be the price difference now?
Has anyone seen the latest price list?

Please suggest urgently.
Old 24th April 2016, 20:44   #29
BHPian

Ask the salesperson for a copy of Form 22 of the vehicle allotted to you. It will have the complete VIN.

In My Opinion, you should continue with the Asta if it fulfils your requirements. The Asta(O) would obviously be priced higher than the Asta.

Since the invoice has already been raised, you may not be able to get further discounts; but you can push for accessories saying you are picking up a discontinued model.
tibby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 21:31   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

So does the AT sports variant also get driver side airbag and ABS? That would really complete this otherwise wonderful city car.

Edit: Have they discontinued the AT sports variant? The offical price list on Hyundai's website only mentions AT in Asta variant. Even in manual trnasmission it continues to show both Asta and Asta (O) variants.

Last edited by drmohitg : 24th April 2016 at 21:34.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks