Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2016, 22:38   #31
BHPian

drmohitg, until about a month ago, the Grand i10 Automatic was available only in Petrol option, Asta variant.
The Sportz trim Automatic seems to have been discontinued for some time now.
Old 25th April 2016, 23:32   #32
BHPian

Re: Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
Ask the salesperson for a copy of Form 22 of the vehicle allotted to you. It will have the complete VIN.

In My Opinion, you should continue with the Asta if it fulfils your requirements. The Asta(O) would obviously be priced higher than the Asta.

Since the invoice has already been raised, you may not be able to get further discounts; but you can push for accessories saying you are picking up a discontinued model.
But without receiving full payment, how can they raise the invoice?

I've already been given close to 18K dealer cash discount, excluding Hyundai discount/bonus which is also being given to me separately.
Will they entertain me for further discounts/accessories?

I had picked the Asta variant as it has most of the features of Asta (O) variant sans Airbag + ABS + Diamond Cut alloy wheels.
And saved me more than 50K as its ex-showroom is less than 6 lacs, thereby saving on enhanced registration+tax, etc.
It does fulfill most of my requirements.

Diamond Cut Alloy wheels don't matter much.
Airbag + ABS matter, especially if they're a standard now.

In a dilemma.
Old 26th April 2016, 09:39   #33
BHPian

Re: Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
But without receiving full payment, how can they raise the invoice?

I've already been given close to 18K dealer cash discount, excluding Hyundai discount/bonus which is also being given to me separately.
Will they entertain me for further discounts/accessories?

I had picked the Asta variant as it has most of the features of Asta (O) variant sans Airbag + ABS + Diamond Cut alloy wheels.
And saved me more than 50K as its ex-showroom is less than 6 lacs, thereby saving on enhanced registration+tax, etc.
It does fulfill most of my requirements.

Diamond Cut Alloy wheels don't matter much.
Airbag + ABS matter, especially if they're a standard now.

In a dilemma.
As a common practice, car dealers do raise the invoice only after receiving full payment; however, there is nothing that should stop them from raising it before the payment is received by them.
They will usually give a separate 'Receipt' for payments that you have made to them.

It seems to me you are getting confused only because of the change in the variant-wise offerings from Hyundai.

What you need to do is decide the features you need - if you require airbags (highly recommended), you will need to change the booking to the outgoing Asta Option (to be called 'Asta' going forward) trim or the new Sportz trim.
Worst case scenario - cancel the booking (you might be charged a booking cancellation fees) and make a fresh one (at the same dealership or another).

If you ask me, go for airbags+ABS, which seems to be offered only on the top-end trim.
It will cost a premium, but is an investment for the well-being of your family and you.

As for the VIN number, if the portion of the VIN given to you confirms its a 2016 manufactured vehicle, there shouldn't be much to worry.
We are in April and the car would have been manufactured maximum four months ago. Shouldn't be acause for worry I think.
I had got a September manufactured one during the purchase I made in December.
Old 30th April 2016, 20:55   #34
JD1
BHPian

Hyundai fined for faulty airbags-
http://www.livelaw.in/stop-selling-v...tells-hyundai/
Old 1st May 2016, 00:51   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
These is nothing in this article to suggest airbags are faulty. Hyundai has claimed that impact has not reached till sensors. There is a detailed explanation in owners manual about situations where airbags won't be deployed.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st May 2016 at 00:53.

Most Viewed