Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 21:54   #16
BHPian

re: Ford issues a temporary hold on Figo & Aspire deliveries. EDIT : Recall issued

Received an email from Ford India stating my Figo's VIN no. saying the above issue applies to my car and needs a fix which would take less than half a day at the Ford dealership. Will need to contact the dealer and get an appointment.
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford issues a temporary hold on Figo & Aspire deliveries. EDIT : Recall issued

Link to the post in the Aspire thread with contents of the recall mail from Ford.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3957780
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 06:47   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Just checked mine and it's not involved in this recall. I guess the automatic versions are not involved in this case.
Guys, an update, today I received a mail informing that my vehicle too is involved in the recall. That means all cars are involved that have come out of the plant till date. Now have to waste a day for this and to top that my second car was sent to workshop two days back .
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:14   #19
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,
Received an official e-mail from Ford India Pvt. Ltd. for my Dad's Figo DCT, purchased in December-2015.
The mail states that, the Restraint Control Module of the car needs to be upgraded with a new software. The software upgrade will help in timely inflation of the airbags in an event of an collision.
Since our Ford dealership is a part of the cluster of dealerships I work with, I will try to provide more details on to what exactly are the contents of upgarde.
Regards
Car's Paradise
Car's Paradise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 10:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have haven't yet received an e-mail from Ford yet. But as per the website, my car is among the ones that requires the s/w update.

Ford issues a temporary hold on Figo & Aspire deliveries. EDIT : Recall issued-1.jpg

Mine's a March 16 manufactured Figo 1.2 Titanium+.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 15:49   #21
BHPian

Upon contacting Ford dealer, I was told that the recall is not for all new Figo/Aspire models but only for a few selected cars. They further said that there are only 3 or 4 cars pending as per their records, to get this update. Would be doing mine next week hopefully.
Old 23rd April 2016, 15:50   #22
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford issues a temporary hold on Figo & Aspire deliveries. EDIT : Recall issued

Ford has issued a recall for approximately 42,300 units of the Figo and Figo Aspire, built at the Sanand plant since launch until April 12, 2016.

Ford plans to correct a software issue with the Restraint Control Module (RCM) of these cars. The company claims that the affected vehicles may contain a software error, which could result in the airbags not deploying in certain collisions in which they are intended to deploy. Owners of the Figo and Figo Aspire will have a software upgrade carried out free of charge at Ford dealerships.

The company also claims that corrective action on all Figo and Figo Aspire vehicles, presently at Ford dealerships, has been undertaken and deliveries to customers have resumed.
Aditya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 17:34   #23
BHPian

Got the software updated for my February manufactured Aspire at FASS today. Took only 5 minutes for the whole process.:thumbup:
shahbaz.k is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 19:26   #24

Re: Ford issues a temporary hold on Figo & Aspire deliveries. EDIT : Recall issued

Today, I attended the Recall from FASS. Called Service centre in the morning, I was surprised to know that they were unaware about the software update request. I had to forward an email received from Ford India. But, they immediately gave me an appointment and it took just 20 mins. Upon inquiry, supervisor told me that, its a simple software update to verify whether the Airbag deployment system works properly or not. This problem was found in some Aspires, hence Ford wanted to verify all Aspires n Figos.

This was the first time I was quite satisfied with the approach of FASS and was moving out of Service centre. But, got a dent on front side because of stupid watchman. Hence curse continues. :(

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this...

Last edited by ampere : 23rd April 2016 at 22:52.
Old 26th April 2016, 11:45   #25
BHPian

Got the update done on my 25 day old Figo Titanium plus yesterday, the 6 airbag variant, at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon.

I went without a booking/appointment, as they called and told me come whenever possible. Update took 2 minutes, a new software was loaded for the airbags module, a full systems check done, and I was on my way, no job card, nothing needed.

Just to put it out there, the ABS module worked flawlessly even before this update, as the 3 days ago a biker jumped the signal, and I slammed the brakes to avoid him, there was sand at the junction, and the car slowed down perfectly with the ABS doing its job, and both of us being unhurt.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 12:42   #26
BHPian

Got the software update done this morning. Its a quick process as mentioned by other members. One less unknown risk now!
Old 26th April 2016, 13:36   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
...Just to put it out there, the ABS module worked flawlessly even before this update, as the 3 days ago a biker jumped the signal, and I slammed the brakes to avoid him, there was sand at the junction, and the car slowed down perfectly with the ABS doing its job, and both of us being unhurt.
ABS wasn't the affected component, it was the Airbags. So ABS working fine is expected.
Old 27th April 2016, 12:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Got the s/w update done on my Figo today at Cauvery Ford, Baikampady. The car was in and out of the workshop within 30 minutes. No appointment was needed.

Ford issues a temporary hold on Figo & Aspire deliveries. EDIT : Recall issued-12.jpg
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 13:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
...seeing cars launched in a 'hurry'... they recall huge numbers to fix some problems... why can't companies launch vehicles slowly but without any issues?
I am not trying to defend any automobile manufacturers (or for that matter any product or service provider), but in my opinion based on my own experience :

1. It is practically not possible to anticipate and/ or simulate all the real-world scenarios faced by a product during its lifecycle.

2. Sometimes, during manufacturing, processes/ machines go beyond the tolerance limits planned during development (at both OEM or supplier level). This is very tightly controlled by adopting various techniques of periodic maintenance and statistical quality monitoring and control (3-sigma, 6-sigma etc.), but there is nothing which is 100% efficient.

3. Human factor does play a part at every stage of product development and manufacturing. But as mentioned above, there are processes & checks in place to minimize the occurrences.

That said, I strongly believe in providing best support to the customers when any issue is detected and not sweeping it under the carpet. Being upfront and minimizing hassle for customer is very important while handling any issue (not only related to recalls).

I hate the situations when companies deliberately hide the facts and take advantage of customers' faith. For such acts the law enforcement agencies/ regulatory bodies should impose severe punishments.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 27th April 2016 at 13:27.
AutoNoob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 08:37   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Got the s/w update done on my Figo today at Cauvery Ford, Baikampady. The car was in and out of the workshop within 30 minutes. No appointment was needed.

Attachment 1501182
Thanks.
I also got my update done on 22nd April 2016.
As per other members it was an extremely quick in and out kind of service.
(Although with me staying in Andheri East and the workshop in Manpada, Thane it was slightly more than that for me. But, all the same it was an opportunity to drive the car and stretch its legs out a bit) )
Mine was the 1st appointment of the day. The service was quick and prompt. It was a scheduled appointment.
The reason I have quoted is that the service personnel hasn't given me any job card or receipt of any kind inspite of me insisting.
Should I be worried ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks