Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:06   #46
BHPian

re: My experience of helping an accident victim. UPDATE: He'll make a complete recovery!

Good Job Mate. !!

Thank god that it was you right behind their auto. I am not sure whether I may have done the same thing.
We just speed off, we may not have time for this, on top of it... its the car we love, may not like stains on our car.

We do not event stop to hitch hikers ! do we ? I hope all the occupants in the auto recover soon, and may the driver be more cautious and careful going forward.

Cheers
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:09   #47
BHPian

re: My experience of helping an accident victim. UPDATE: He'll make a complete recovery!

Great job Ninja, you've done what most people would shy away from.

I was in a terrible crash myself once on my way back from Jaipur on my bike after having met my then girlfriend and pretty much blown up all the money I had at that time.

I was lucky to have escaped a serious injury due to my riding gear however had really nasty road rashes on the entire left side of my body and was in a shock too when an off duty cop spotted me and took me with him to a nearbuy clinic and got me treated, he even paid for all of this out of his own pocket and mentioned that he had lost his elder brother in a crash and hence his first reaction was to help me. I was so touched by that act of kindness that ever since then I have never shied away from helping an accident victim.

Thankfully now we all can do this without actually the fear of the law coming back to hurt us.
noo.b is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:57   #48
BHPian

Very brave of you and great job done. I am sure your folks and friends would be very proud. We definitely are

Only reading this I was going through a turmoil. You have encountered it first hand. It takes a strong mind to keep your senses and to be able to act judiciously. That's the thing with blood. It induces panic. One can see 50 people around the accident site but few are willing to help. Not that they don't want to but most think that someone else will or they are too numbed by the tragedy.

Between last night and today noon I have seen two accidents. Going by the number of people and cops, cars and ambulance surrounding they seemed to be pretty bad ones. I hope people stop playing with their own and others lives on the road.

The least one can do, if not actively helping, is to not create a jam at the accident site so that the ambulances / police can reach the site faster.

Hope the child gets well soon and lives a normal healthy life.

As far as the car interiors are concerned I would suggest you to get them changed, if possible. Both for hygiene issues and plus the same interiors will keep reminding you of the gory event.

Again. Respect and Salute!
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:59   #49
Sip
BHPian

An act par excellence by Ninja. Take a bow guys !

I only hope this act inspire more people. Definitely your car is in bad shape but it can regain earlier lusture and cleanliness not so for the victim who might have lost their limbs or life.
What a contribution to humanity!
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:18   #50
BHPian

Great job man!
You did an amazing job. That family will be ever thankful to you. Hope the boy get well soon!
aneeshtn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:26   #51
BHPian

First and foremost, kudos to Ninja for the extraordinary act of kindness. Take a bow, man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
A thing that popped up in my head was "In the current age of smart phones" we all have our phones locked for obvious security reasons, Would not this be a big deterrent in case of an accident ?
Almost all phones have an option to set the "owner info" that will be displayed on the lock screen, even if security protected. I always have an emergency contact displayed here. Would suggest the same to anyone who uses a smartphone.
srinath.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 00:01   #52
BHPian

God bless you and the kid buddy!

Please let me know if there is any plan to help the family financially, would like to contribute something from my side.
vinair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 00:11   #53
BHPian

Thank you for sharing this! I hope this strengthens my resolve to help our fellow man when he/she needs my help.
kovilkalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 05:59   #54
BHPian

Great job Ninja. Angels are not in heaven, they are in and around us, you became one when you helped the kid and his family. Kudos to you for the courage shown, you will be blessed for your actions. Well done.

Thanks for sharing this, do keep us updated of the kids situation, if you know.
basilmabraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 07:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

That's a superb job you did! Hats off to your actions. In the entire episode, you kept your cool and did everything that was possible for you. Hope the child recovers quickly and the family learns their lesson, albeit in the hard way.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 09:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
A thing that popped up in my head was "In the current age of smart phones" we all have our phones locked for obvious security reasons, Would not this be a big deterrent in case of an accident ? Lets say Someone meets with an accident, some other guy on the road wants to help him and tries looking for phone contacts, but the phone is locked and the accident guy is knocked out. What to do in these situations ? Is it advisable to not have the phones locked ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
One can make emergency calls even if the phone is locked. Tap on "Phone" option on the lock screen --> it displays emergency call --> tap on it --> it displays list of emergency contacts. Emergency contacts have to be added in prior i.e. Contacts--> Groups--> ICE Emergency Contacts. This is in Android phones. Not sure how to do this in others.

--
Regards
Thirugnnanam
Thirugnnanam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 09:49   #57
BHPian

Great work Ninja. Proud to be a part of bhp family wherein good Samaritans galore. Amidst all the gloom, despair and negativity, you have proven to all of us that humanity still lives in our hearts.
Couple of years back when I was riding back home on my two wheeler I saw a two wheeler in collusion with an auto. I reactes instantly and parked my bike before the accident spot in a way that it warned the incoming vehicles about a possible trouble and stood by my bike, wavering vehicles to steer clear of the site. In the meantime other good Samaritans were attending to the injured victim and I had informed ambulance. Then Chennai city traffic cops came and assured me of good care to the injured rider and requested me to leave and cleared the traffic.

Once again profound thanks to you for showing and leading the path for others to emulate. Gun salutes!
MDED is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 10:36   #58
BHPian

Great effort Ninja. Very kind act. Hope the boy recovers quickly after surgery
Slowjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 12:22   #59
BHPian

On Android, go to Settings-->Security-->Lock Screen Message. My phone has something like "Call <dad's number> in case of emergency". Helps if phone lost and found too.
Thirugnnanam's suggestion works better but a bystander needs to be aware where to look for the emergency contacts. Also, I am not sure if there is native OS support for the same. I could not locate the feature on my Nexus. Could someone please post steps?
And good job Ninja. Having been in such a situation (although much less severe) it is absolutely necessary that we, as drivers keep a calm head first. It is an overwhelming situation, more so if it involves you in the accident, but always calm yourself down. We dont need to add to the commotion.
Ruchitya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 12:52   #60
BHPian

Very good job mate! Way to Go! Very few have the courage to do. This is what it is, when said 'God Saved'!

Last edited by LoneRidder : 4th May 2016 at 12:54.
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks