Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 13:32   #61
BHPian

re: My experience of helping an accident victim. UPDATE: He'll make a complete recovery!

Very commendable NiInja. God will bless you.

Pray that kid recovers soon. His father already has got enough punishment for his mistake.

Last edited by rsm97 : 4th May 2016 at 13:33.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 13:36   #62
BHPian

re: My experience of helping an accident victim. UPDATE: He'll make a complete recovery!

A request to the Moderators... Once Ninja updates the condition of the boy in this thread, can you please update the title of the thread to mention that further updates are available about the boy?

Thank you.
venuvedam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 14:44   #63
BHPian

Kudos to ninja for the Commendable work done by him. This is what every Human must do in a situation like this. Praying for the poor kids recovery.
Sometime back I happened to live in Pashan road, Pune I used to commute by motorcycle to work everyday through the same road where the accident has taken place, So I can very well understand how steep that road is, especially the first half of it. Its a pretty dangerous spot where the lane joins with the Bangalore highway section and have witnessed vehicles braking hard, skidding and swerving especially during the monsoon. Many a times I've been surprised by on coming traffic illegally coming on the opposite direction to join the highway too (its a one way road!!). Hope people understand the underlying dangers of this section and start driving/riding safely.
baddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 15:01   #64

Excellent work there Ninja! You have set an example by acting on time and helping them rather than taking out smartphone and recording the scene, which is the trend these days.

Hope the boy and his family is doing well. They sure will be remembered in our prayers.
ARJ_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 15:44   #65
BHPian

Fantastic work man, no other way to say it. Takes some serious grit to do what you did. Would have been so much easier to just slow down, take a good look, and zoom away. May there be more like you.

Please let us know about the status of the kid as soon as you know something.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 16:30   #66
BHPian

Heart felt compliments to you Ninja.

You are one great noble soul. Helping in time of need. Great deed. Makes me so very happy.

God bless the young kid and may he recover soon.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 16:45   #67
BHPian

God Bless you mate, you are a rare breed...Commendable job you did there...Dont know how many in your situation would have done what you did...Talking about myself I am not sure i would have the courage or conviction to do this. God bless.
nairanupg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 10:29   #68
BHPian

Bravo my friend. You are one is a hundred if not thousand. Appreciate your helping deed.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 11:36   #69
BHPian

THis is highly commendable work done by you ninja. It takes a lot of gut to help victims especially in a situation when there is too much of blood and gore. It is the sheer blood-fear we have, and first time is the toughest.
We as a human tend to forget that the same thing can happen to us or our loved ones. Taking example of that mother, we may be unable to feel her real pain but imagining ourselves in such a situation can give a better clarity.

You have become my source of inspiration buddy.

One thing about the blood lost, while in such a situation we have been 'ERT' trained to stop the blood flow with whatever we can, example tie a piece of cloth/shirt/handkerchief as tight as you can to prevent blacking out. And don't give water to a person in shock immediately after accident, just wipe their lips with wet cloth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
To answer insidwildsdi5530e, actually to think of it now, there were a couple of things that happened at that time.
- Yes, unfortunately I am not trained to follow the protocol, will have to see if can train myself on the same. Car was not equipped with any thing, the first aid kid was of no use as the injury was much more bad. Everything happened pretty fast and like I said, my brain had stopped working.

- the way he was bleeding, waiting for an ambulance on the spot would have meant he lost a lot of blood. It was dripping till the time they took him inside the Emergency Room. We reached the hospital in about 3-4 minutes.

- given the condition of the kid, unknowingly touching him at an injured place would have made things difficult for him as well as others (one of the reasons why people stay away from victims)

- the woman, his mother was not ready to let go her child off her arms. She was holding him all the time till we reached hospital. She only handed him over to the nurse. I know things could have been handled differently, but that is how it all happened.
While leaving, the doctor said he was not injured anywhere else except the head and a small bruise on foot, , he was also moving his back when being transferred in the ambulance, so I am assuming he was not having a injured spine.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 13:19   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Taking this day off from office and writing the post, hoping to get some more information on how the kid is doing, I still am not feeling satisfied for whatever efforts people took. Thanks for reading.

UPDATE: A preliminary update on the boy's condition has been shared in this post.
Really good job, I am not sure if you should have waited for the ambulance is this kind of an injury. I have been in similar situations but the condition of the victims have never been this bad.
The most important advise I can give people is that its important to remain calm in such situations - I now its easier said than done however.

And again, people like you give me hope for humanity in India. Great Job!
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 21:45   #71

Hello Ninja. Incredible help and support for the accident victims !

The points you highlighted at the time of accident is a message to humanity. Good that you did not panic and could do what ever possible needed. That particular stretch is a spot on for accidents and 2 wheelers especially risk their lives if not a responsible rider. We pray God to see the victims back to normal, the boy and his mother in particular.

On the car part, 3M does some decent job. May be as others suggested can try the same.
RajatDesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 22:10   #72
BHPian

@ninja you're a true hero my friend. Hat's off to you...!! Your swift actions saved the little one's life.
Speedshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 04:34   #73
BHPian

Bravo !! Hats off to you, Personally I get nervous when I see blood on such scenes if any.

I can imagine what you must have gone thru in those critical initial minutes when you fight to save someone's life which you never expected till last few seconds this incident occurred.

My Prayers for that boy, May God give him speedy recovery.

I can imagine how his mother would have felt on those moments and how grateful she must be feeling when you made her child reach for proper medication.
There's nothing as divine as someone praying and blessing you in their prayers.

Your act of kindness is a lesson for becoming better for everyone, Hats off Again...
God Bless you.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 13:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Good news finally.

Called up the relatives once again and they told us the surgery was successful. Some tissues of his thigh were used to cover his head (there is a technical term for such operation). The relatives were on their way back home (out of Pune) and they are going to tell us about the hospital where he is once they reach.

He is out of danger and recovering in the hospital and there is no internal injury of any sort. It will take some time to heal but he will recover completely.

Thanks a lot everyone ! Your prayers have been heard

Last edited by Eddy : 7th May 2016 at 14:39. Reason: Bold font for the good news :)
NiInJa is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 17:25   #75
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That is good news. God Blessed the kid.

Just today while coming down that slope a minor accident happened in front of me. A guy on a KTM Duke tries to overtake a garbage truck in front of me on the downward slope, from the left hand side and quickly skids on the loose gravel and mud. Thankfully he tanks into the dug up mud on the left and not under the wheels of the garbage truck on his right side. He was shaken out of his senses but not hurt in anyway.

When I saw that, instantly this thread came to my mind and the child you saved... It is actually your quick action during the golden hour that saved the child's life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks